Chaserjoey

Keeper of the White Materia
Oct 27, 2017
Im just assuming that itd be pretty fucked up to witheld the patch all because you have to wait until the rest of the World hits the 23rd.
I mean, this is the same company that holds back new episodes in Life is Strange so it launches over a day later down here than it should so it really wouldn't surprise me.

Got the Platinum on Proud mode, but does anyone know if any content is linked/locked to a critical mode run through?
The Oblivion Keyblade seems tied to Critical.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
Also I hope there's a lot to enjoy here for those of us who don't like brutally hard super bosses lol. I have never really tried them before and I'm kinda scared because KH combat has never fully clicked with me. Hopefully the story is meaty

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
In all serious though it's perfectly fine if the update drops when the dlc drops cause I took off work Thursday, Friday and Saturday for it so I and I work Tuesday and Wednesday anyways so I rather play it without having to worry about work.
Thursdays and Fridays are my day off, and I usually get home at midnight from work, so if it drops at midnight exactly when I get home from work Wednesday, that'll line up perfectly.

Deleted member 26293

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I still don't know what to do.

I've never been a huge fan of the super bosses, so if that's the main content of the DLC it may not be worth the price for me. I guess i'll wait to see just how meaty the ReMind scenario actually is.

VPplaya

Nov 20, 2018
I'm just really excited to see how they spice up all the new org 13 fights. Never really fought them myself but I've spent way too much time watching youtube videos of them. The fact in the QA he said that
Xion
is actually one of the hardest has me intrigued, because we don't see a whole lot in the base game.

lino

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If the "new world" is Radiant Garden I'll be so fucking happy... but im fully expecting it to be explorable Scala or something to do with the night sky final world not sure.

VPplaya

Nov 20, 2018
If the "new world" is Radiant Garden I'll be so fucking happy... but im fully expecting it to be explorable Scala or something to do with the night sky final world not sure.

Yeah I think they're either referring to Scala or maybe a world based off of the secret ending in the secret episode. EDIT: Although Radiant Garden would be so good.

Conscience

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Apologies if this has been asked prior, do I need to have finished the base KH 3 release to play Re: Mind? I originally purchased and finished the game on Xbox but I have a friend with a spare PS4 copy that I can borrow. I'd pick up the DLC on PS4 if it meant I could hop into the new content in a similar way to how The Witcher 3 handles their Expansions.

Feb 5, 2018
Apologies if this has been asked prior, do I need to have finished the base KH 3 release to play Re: Mind? I originally purchased and finished the game on Xbox but I have a friend with a spare PS4 copy that I can borrow. I'd pick up the DLC on PS4 if it meant I could hop into the new content in a similar way to how The Witcher 3 handles their Expansions.

We dont know but its likely you are going to use your completed save to transfer over stats and keyblades. We've seen Sora use Oathkeeper/Oblivion against the data fights and we know now that you unlock the blades in the base game.

Last edited:

Lexad

"This guy are sick"
Nov 4, 2017
It should be safe to start a new run tonight right? Any new scenes added would just be added into the game I am playing?

Deleted member 34949

Banned
Nov 30, 2017
I'm just really excited to see how they spice up all the new org 13 fights. Never really fought them myself but I've spent way too much time watching youtube videos of them. The fact in the QA he said that
Xion
is actually one of the hardest has me intrigued, because we don't see a whole lot in the base game.
Yeah, that fight definitely has me intrigued.

I feel like she'll probably be the KH3 equivalent of the Roxas boss fight in KH2FM.

Feb 5, 2018
It should be safe to start a new run tonight right? Any new scenes added would just be added into the game I am playing?

We dont know but id assume if, lets say, you make it past Olympus and there are additional Riku cutscenes after this, you game would update to include it.

Im personally hoping it releases before i get home from work tn lol

Deleted member 13155

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just started KH3 and I'm at the tangled world. Should I postphone my playthrough til this is out or does it start late enough that I should be fine.

I beat tangled on Critical last weekend and stopped since. I am also waiting for the new story bits to drop. Perhaps they fixed Tangled nonsensical story lol, like the sudden romance and name change thats completely dumb if you haven't seen the movie.

If I have to guess I think they are adding bits to Frozen, and to the second half with all the reveals.

Deleted member 864

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Xion one of the hardest data fights? Huh, I wasn't expecting that. I really hope we get Vector to the Heavens for her fight.

Feb 5, 2018
I beat tangled on Critical last weekend and stopped since. I am also waiting for the new story bits to drop. Perhaps they fixed Tangled nonsensical story lol, like the sudden romance and name change thats completely dumb if you haven't seen the movie.

If I have to guess I think they are adding bits to Frozen, and to the second half with all the reveals.

Oh my god that was so bad. There are parts where they follow the movie but then leave out key scenes to explain HOW they got to those points in the first place.

badcrumble

Oct 25, 2017
Do we know if the Limit Cut bosses appear in the main scenario, in the Re:Mind scenario, or elsewhere?

I'm also really curious to see what sort of bonuses you unlock for beating them (I'm hoping for HP/MP/Focus upgrades *at the very least*, but even more stuff would be nice).

The fact that this is DLC and not a whole new game means we probably aren't getting a thoroughly revamped synthesis system, but *new* synthesis items would be very nice.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Do we know if the Limit Cut bosses appear in the main scenario, in the Re:Mind scenario, or elsewhere?

I'm also really curious to see what sort of bonuses you unlock for beating them (I'm hoping for HP/MP/Focus upgrades *at the very least*, but even more stuff would be nice).

The fact that this is DLC and not a whole new game means we probably aren't getting a thoroughly revamped synthesis system, but *new* synthesis items would be very nice.

From my understanding, the DLC has three seperate sections.

Re:Mind - which takes place after the main game and is where the other characters are playable
Limit Cut - The part with the expanded Scala and the 13 bosses
Secret Episode - ??? and a secret boss

Feb 5, 2018

Re:Mind - which takes place after the main game and is where the other characters are playable
I think its linear though, ReMind is probably access to all 3

badcrumble

Oct 25, 2017

Starting to have hope that the expanded Scala ad Caelum takes place after the kinda-tedious boss fights that happen there and that there'll be a new point-of-no-return save point right before the *final* final boss.

Chaserjoey

Keeper of the White Materia
Oct 27, 2017

My bet is Oathkeeper and Oblivion are gotten through synthesis by using the proofs to unlock the Keyblades.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Starting to have hope that the expanded Scala ad Caelum takes place after the kinda-tedious boss fights that happen there and that there'll be a new point-of-no-return save point right before the *final* final boss.
Would be just a little bit funny to me if both of SE's big-name AAA action RPGs this generation got updates a year-ish after release that expand on each game's final area.

Demyx

Jan 8, 2018
I found KH3 somewhat disappointing overall, but I did still enjoy it. Now it seems this DLC has addressed a bunch of my complaints, so I do really want to play this, but I'm in the middle of Ace Attorney right now and I can't choose.

Deleted member 34949

Banned
Nov 30, 2017
I'm not expecting it, but if each of the New Data XIII had their own battle theme, that'd be fantastic.

Old Man Xehanort still needs a unique battle theme that isn't ass.

Synohan

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not expecting it, but if each of the New Data XIII had their own battle theme, that'd be fantastic.

Yeah, I feel Ishimoto didn't have enough context. The triple Xehanort is still the peak of the OST and every song that followed (excluding Scala) was pretty weak.

Avenger54321

Oct 27, 2017
Gurnee
Just pre-order the dlc, can't wait. Hopefully the extra cutscenes shows up in the Theater with a clear save. I already have a critical mode save started but don't feel like going through the game again right now especially since I playing through DBZ: Kakarot

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017

Hmm if they did

Master Xehanort - final boss theme?
Ansem - Forze de Male remix
Xemnas - Darkness of the Unknown remix
Young Xehanort - Dark Impetus remix
Xion - Vector to the Heavens remix
Vanitas - Enter the Darkness remix
Terranort - Dismiss remix
Marluxia - Lord of the Castle remix
Larxene - ????
Luxord - ????
Xigbar - ???
Dark Riku - ???
Saix - ???

I suppose The 13th Dillemma, The 13th Struggle and The 13th Reflection could go among Larxene, Luxord, Xigbar and Saix. Maybe a The Other Promise remix for Saix? Dark Riku could have Another Side remix

Lvng

Nov 1, 2017
Hmm if they did

Larxene - ????
Luxord - ????
Xigbar - ???
Dark Riku - ???
Saix - ???

I suppose The 13th Dillemma, The 13th Struggle and The 13th Reflection could go among Larxene, Luxord, Xigbar and Saix. Maybe a The Other Promise remix for Saix? Dark Riku could have Another Side remix

I would hope Dark Riku would have a battle version of "Riku", since we don't really have one of those yet. I don't think it would be too hard either. He's so minor of a character though that I'm not hopeful.

But I would expect out of all of these for

Xigbar to get a brand new theme since he has such a big role to play after this.

Synohan

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm if they did

Larxene - ????
Luxord - ????
Xigbar - ???
Dark Riku - ???
Saix - ???

Exactly what i'm expecting and if not remixes, it'll be their rearrangements from the ReMiX games. Everyone else is getting Dilemma, Struggle or Reflection. Dark Riku is probably getting the same song as Ansem, or perhaps they'll give Ansem Guardiano Nel Buio. They could surprise us and give us a remix of The Force In You.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
Exactly what i'm expecting and if not remixes, it'll be their rearrangements from the ReMiX games. Everyone else is getting Dilemma, Struggle or Reflection. Dark Riku is probably getting the same song as Ansem, or perhaps they'll give Ansem Guardiano Nel Buio. They could surprise us and give us a remix of The Force In You.
I really hope they're remixes. Feel like KH3 already had a lot of songs ripped or barely edited from the other games.

It's a huge and successful game so I really hope they go all out for this

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
I would hope Dark Riku would have a battle version of "Riku", since we don't really have one of those yet. I don't think it would be too hard either. He's so minor of a character though that I'm not hopeful.

But I would expect out of all of these for

Xigbar to get a brand new theme since he has such a big role to play after this.
Thats true, it'll be interesting to see how he's handled. He might even double as a secret boss, no?

clockstrikes

Oct 27, 2017
Hmm if they did

Larxene - ????
Luxord - ????
Xigbar - ???
Dark Riku - ???
Saix - ???

Ansem usually has Guardando nel buio, Riku would probably get Forze de Male.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
wait, when they mention new keyblades with the expansion.

Do they mean Oathkeeper and Oblivion in the free update or are there new keyblades we've not heard of?

Deleted member 34949

Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Hmm if they did

Larxene - ????
Luxord - ????
Xigbar - ???
Dark Riku - ???
Saix - ???

My picks would probably look like:

Master Xehanort - Forze dell'Oscurita
Ansem - Guardando nel Buio
Xemnas - I'd actually really be all over Disappeared being used, but let's be real, it'd probably be Darkness of the Unknown
Vanitas - Enter the Void remix
Larxene - 13th Reflection
Luxord - 13th Struggle
Xigbar - Another Side would actually work pretty well here.
Dark Riku - Forze Del Male
Saix - 13th Dilemma

I'd hope they'd be new arrangements, though I'd have no objections to the 1.5 arrangement of Vector to the Heavens being reused. That version is perfect as is.

Tetsujin

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I feel like it's about time they announce a soundtrack release date. I figured they'd wait until the DLC releases so they can include all the DLC music too, sooo...do it, Squex.