• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Saix, Larxene, and Luxord down. Saix is like Riku, just crazy and a lot of things happening all at once so it gets a little overwhelming. Being aggressive again kind of worked. Larxene was her usual, crazy self and lots of dodging and blocking mixed together helped.

Luxord was fun, if annoying since it took me a couple of attempts before I finally got it. I actually managed to survive his DM phase, and it felt good just really beating him at his own game. I only have MX, Xion, Xemnas, and Vanitas left.

Illusion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If you re-do the fights can you farm the stat boosters or are they only one-time drops?
You can still farm stat boosters in game in order to max out Sora. I actually believe it was intended that we needed to work on Sora's stats a bit more the more I look at some of the fights.

I believe the max base stat for Sora is 168 or something like that.

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Tried to No Damage Xemnas but things went sideways after the DM finished, lol. I think I can pull it off once I figure out the safest openings in that phase.

Deleted member 34949

Banned
Nov 30, 2017
You can still farm stat boosters in game in order to max out Sora. I actually believe it was intended that we needed to work on Sora's stats a bit more the more I look at some of the fights.

Yeah and IIRC unlike KH2FM, Sora doesn't have a damage/defense cap either.

Oct 25, 2017
I finally defeated everyone except the superboss. I don't know if I am even going to keep trying but I am satisfied for now. Proud difficulty btw.

DLC is pretty okay if you like difficult boss fights, even if I would have enjoyed a dungeon like the cavern of remembrance.

snausages

Feb 12, 2018
I accidentally overwrote my save with the stupid way the saves for DLC works, so had to fight this again and do it fair this time.

Man I dont know I think these fights are the hardest thing I've ever tried to learn in a video game. And apparently this is the easy fight 😥

Illusion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I accidentally overwrote my save with the stupid way the saves for DLC works, so had to fight this again and do it fair this time.

Man I dont know I think these fights are the hardest thing I've ever tried to learn in a video game. And apparently this is the easy fight 😥

Dodge and attack like crazy and use shot lock.

Easiest fight. You can cheese so much in this fight.

jeelybeans

Oct 25, 2017
How hard are the data battles on easy...lol I don't really want to get stuck, I just want to experience content.

Arkeband

Banned
Nov 8, 2017

Yeah, I just went and synthed a bunch of Str/Def up's, sitting at 100/82 str/def atm.

sn00zer

Feb 28, 2018
So if I'm stuck on proud difficulty I would need to rebeat the entire game to play these battles on normal difficulty?

KingdomKey

Oct 27, 2017
Secret boss is kicking my ass. Love everything about it though from setting to music. Going to get me some sleep and hopefully I'll get some time to try it out more before work.

This one will require a lot of trial and error.

AgentLampshade

Sweet Commander
Oct 25, 2017
Saix down. Still don't get how Blizzard was supposed to work in that fight. Does it just slow down the berserk charge? Seems pretty pointless.
Young Xehanort seems easy from my first attempt. Unless he's got a similar time reversal gimmick at the end like he did in DDD?

All that's left are YX, Xemnas, Vanitas, Repliku, Terranort and the two still-locked fights.

LostSkullKid

Nov 27, 2017
The tips for Master Xehanort are so completely useless. They're basically "lol don't even bother trying to block anything" and "make sure to heal when your HP is low". The second tip isn't particularly useful when the dude has a way of lowering you max HP to 1 HP.

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
Took down 5 Limit Cut bosses so far: Xigbar, Young Xehanort, Ansem, Larxene and Vanitas.
So far Vanitas was the hardest for me probably....

I am playing Proud 99 and I feel kinda bad that I am just blasting my way in these fights instead of trying to carefully learn the patterns.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Spoilers for the Xion fight but tell me I'm wrong

Straight up dragonball z shit in the teleporting. God this game feels so good to play even when I'm getting my ass kicked.

Mastermind

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Luxord can burn in the deepest pits of hell. That stupid find the right card amongst a sea of cards that constantly turn so you can't see them. I've beaten Marly, Larxy, Xiggy, Ansem, and Young Ansem so far, but this bastard Luxord and his bs gimmick is driving me insane.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
Man, terranort is the last of the initial 11 for me and I'm blanking on where to hit him.

Like where the fuck is his openings?

Deleted member 34949

Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Spoilers for the Xion fight but tell me I'm wrong

Straight up dragonball z shit in the teleporting. God this game feels so good to play even when I'm getting my ass kicked.

I think I've muttered "wow this is some anime shit" more doing the data fights this past weekend than I have playing any KH game in the last decade.

Didn't think KH3 would end up being the game in the series to have the best balance of flash & substance in it's boss battles, but here we are.

Man, terranort is the last of the initial 11 for me and I'm blanking on where to hit him.

Like where the fuck is his openings?
Best one is his Dark Volley. He'll do three rounds. Block the first two, and immediately after after blocking the third one, airstep to him for a free combo. Best part is, he'll take extra damage from the bolts you reflected right before the airstep.

When he does the two short Ars Solums (with the unblockable first hit) followed by the third longer one with another unblockable hit at the end, nake sure you block the third string and do a reprisal right as he's diving down for the finish. You'll i-frame through the hit and open him up for a combo as well.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
Best one is his Dark Volley. He'll do three rounds. Block the first two, and immediately after after blocking the third one, airstep to him for a free combo. Best part is, he'll take extra damage from the bolts you reflected right before the airstep.

When he does the two short Ars Solums (with the unblockable first hit) followed by the third longer one with another unblockable hit at the end, nake sure you block the third string and do a reprisal right as he's diving down for the finish. You'll i-frame through the hit and open him up for a combo as well.

This took me from doing one of his bars to nearly beating him in one go.

Thanks yo.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Oh my god I just beat Xion and Nomura was right, I am shaking. I have zero clue why Rage Form sometimes seems to completely ignore revenge/counter attacks but it absolutely saved me.

Arkeband

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
Is Tangled worth watching? I'm really loving this world so far, even the cutscenes are good, it's amazing.
KH3 really doesn't do it justice. I binged Big Hero 6, Tangled, and Frozen before KH3 came out so I'd be able to appreciate the worlds, and Tangled was the best of all of them by far.

Oct 25, 2017
Aero is immensely satisfying in this game, having such a blast with it. Ended up unequipping that overhead move during Flowmotion, it's way too slow. Other than that I'm actually also really enjoying flowmotion. Airstep is so useful, especially for this game's large environments.

Tangled is a fantastic movie.

I watched it a year ago in preparation for KH3 and really liked it! Glad I watched it beforehand too as KH3 just recaps the entire movie essentially.

Nice, guess I'll watch it. Shame it'll be spoiled, but it's fine.

Rapunzel is just so much fun to be around, hahaha. The world itself is also beautiful, I have to imagine the movie is much more, due to not needing to build its environments for combat.

KH3 really doesn't do it justice. I binged Big Hero 6, Tangled, and Frozen before KH3 came out so I'd be able to appreciate the worlds, and Tangled was the best of all of them by far.

I didn't watch any of them, so no idea how to take that information, but I suppose that's high praise, going by how much people like Frozen.

It was the best CGI Disney Animated Studios movie until Moana came out IMO.
Man, I had no idea about Moana, had to google it. I'm really living in a cave when it comes to that.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Man, I had no idea about Moana, had to google it. I'm really living in a cave when it comes to that.
I highly recommend watching it sometime, it's one of Disney's best.

To keep this post semi KH related, I have my fingers crossed that it will show up as a world in a future KH game,.

LostSkullKid

Nov 27, 2017
I just died to Master Xehanort in the most bullshit way possible. I got to the part where he sends a bunch of shadows at you and I healed. But then my L1 button got stuck and I couldn't dodge.

FuturaBold

Oct 27, 2017
[/QUOTE]

Moana in Dolby Vison on Disney+ is stunning.