Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
"triangle to win", "KH2 is the easiest in the franchise", "the story doesn't end", "the ending is a cliffhanger".
Everything is almost literally the same in these complaints. "Attractions are too OP" = "the triangle actions are too OP".
You're implying those complaints were untrue. They weren't. Vanilla Kingdom Hearts 2 was pathetically easy and allowed people to roll over the entire game mashing X and triangle without a care for the game's other systems.

LuisGarcia

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Well deserved . SE have some big money franchises in their hands.

Next up Avengers and FFVII remake which you have to imagine will both do bigger numbers again.

Segafreak

Oct 27, 2017
That sounds about right from what everyone's been saying here.
There was no game in 2013. If I had to guess full time development started when FFXV was being completed, so around 2-3 years.

Its actually on the decline ,not good at all, vanilla kh1+2 outsold vanilla god of war 1+2 on the ps2

God of war outsold kh3 is in less than three days.

Too bad GoW sold way worse

KH3: 3 days 5 millions
GoW: 31 days 5 millions

giphy.gif

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Also holy shit 5 million is MORE THAN KINGDOM HEARTS 2 LTD

People were so thirsty for a new home console Kingdom Hearts.

AztecComplex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Absolutely deserved, they delivered on all fronts for this title. Can't wait for KH4 and the DLC.

KH4 onwards should come faster now that Osaka have learned how to utilize UE4 and have existing assets to use.
And hopefully they won't fuck around for ten years releasing spin offs with mathematical equations in its name for the Atari Lynx before we can get the next main installment on a modern home console.

The Pharmercy

Oct 26, 2017
Oh my fucking god we're supposed to be celebrating sales figures for a beloved franchise and some can't resist shitting on other fantastic games.

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
And hopefully they won't fuck around for ten years releasing spin offs with mathematical equations in its name for the Atari Lynx before we can get the next main installment on a modern home console.
I still can't believe Kingdom Hearts 365 days/2 is an actual game title.
cU4HL4l.gif

This game is everything I could've expected and asked for. I'm so glad it's selling so well! :)
Meowscular Chef better watch his back.

Oct 25, 2017
There was no game in 2013. If I had to guess full time development started when FFXV was being completed, so around 2-3 years.
This makes no sense. And even if it was true and Square-Enix was gladly paying for a whole team to do nothing for 3 years, they're still paying those people, the game still cost them all those years doing nothing. It's not like the FFXV team and the KH III team are the same, so they weren't busy with XV until then, they were just waiting, for whatever reason.

EDIT:

Nomura even recently said that one of the great things about working with UE4 is that programmers and designers can just start testing and prototyping whatever mechanics they're thinking of right away with placeholder assets, they don't have to wait for artists. If anything it sounds like full production started earlier than usual with proprietary engines.

Altair

Jan 11, 2018
So much for KH3 won't sell and there being no chance it'll outsell RE2.

I absolutely loved the game and it was certainly worth the wait, so well deserved.

Deleted member 426

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nah I don't see it. SE is taking way too long and the remake never outsells the original.
SEs ridiculous early announcements and extended hype period has only helped sales for XV and KH3, and VIIR doesn't need to outsell the original to sell more than KH3.

The only thing that'll stop VIIR selling way more than KH3 is if it's hot garbage.

hydrophilic attack

Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
KH3 was made by the people who made dream drop distance, which released in 2012.

interviews in 2014 talked about a switch to unreal engine, and elsewhere they have talked about how this change led to a year of losr development time. from this we can deduce the game started development at latest in 2013

asd202

Enlightened
Oct 27, 2017

Isayas

Banned
Jun 10, 2018
SEs ridiculous early announcements and extended hype period has only helped sales for XV and KH3, and VIIR doesn't need to outsell the original to sell more than KH3.

The only thing that'll stop VIIR selling way more than KH3 is if it's hot garbage.

Yes it does. KHIII might catch up to the original.

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm I expected more....like about 7-8 million. Of course it will get there but I thought the big wait for this would have tremendous numbers. These are amazing number, but not tremendous.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Now that it's making money, can they add French/German/etc dubs like how it was in KH 1&2? I don't feel like rewarding Square Enix by buying it yet for screwing up their EU fans.

hans_castorp

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think it's that impressive.
Just how many of those copies were prolly bought by people possessed by Xenahort?

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Congrats, Square Enix! Congrats, Disney!

Please don't take 10+ years for Kingdom Hearts IV, lol.

Wrestleman

Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
KH3 was made by the people who made dream drop distance, which released in 2012.

interviews in 2014 talked about a switch to unreal engine, and elsewhere they have talked about how this change led to a year of losr development time. from this we can deduce the game started development at latest in 2013

Should be noted that the development finished in November 2018 too, so that you have the clear endpoint.

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017
Now that it's making money, can they add French/German/etc dubs like how it was in KH 1&2? I don't feel like rewarding Square Enix by buying it yet for screwing up their EU fans.

Buy it used, I will do that in few months
I'm still glad when a videogame (especially Japanese) company succeed but still pissed there is no French dub while this is THE AAA game of Square this year

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Deserved. Never played a KH but KH3 is simply a product that sprays joy. Yes, the game is easy, a tad repetitive, the story has a lot of cheese and filler... but the worldbuilding is amazing, those explorable Disney and Pixar worlds with lovely colours, cameos, details, it just feels great. It's a fascinating game all in all, for all its shortcomings.

THE GUY

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Selling similarly to XV. Depending on legs, it should have a shot at 10 million. I'm more convinced 7R is going to be huge now, unless it turns out shit. Expecting 7R to sell 10-15 million lifetime. With XV and KH3 around 10 million, that'd be a 3 big hits for SE's Japanese arm.

Too bad GoW sold way worse

KH3: 3 days 5 millions
GoW: 31 days 5 millions

giphy.gif
Development was started in 2013 and restarted in 2014 with the engine switch. So it's either 5 or 6 years. Lol at 2-3.

Also God of War is sell-through. And it was at over 5 million sell-through within a month. It's had amazing legs and will end up over 15 million lifetime. KH3 is indeed selling worse than it and won't be getting near those numbers lifetime unless it has breakout legs no one could even predict.

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Selling similarly to XV. Depending on legs, it should have a shot at 10 million. I'm more convinced 7R is going to be huge now, unless it turns out shit. Expecting 7R to sell 10-15 million lifetime. With XV and KH3 around 10 million, that'd be a 3 big hits for SE's Japanese arm.

Final Fantasy VII-R will have an even much bigger hype close to release than KH III. It's going to be insane.

The Pharmercy

Oct 26, 2017

Development was started in 2013 and restarted in 2014 with the engine switch. So it's either 5 or 6 years. Lol at 2-3.

Also God of War is sell-through. And it was at over 5 million sell-through within a month. It's had amazing legs and will end up over 15 million lifetime. KH3 is indeed selling worse than it and won't be getting near those numbers lifetime unless it has breakout legs no one could even predict.

How does 2013-2018 with 1 year for UE4 learning = 6 years to you lol? Going gold in November 2018, leaves them with somewhere between 3 1/2 to 4 years of development with approx one year for UE4 swap.

The Emperor

Oct 25, 2017
LOL people forget how powerful nostalgia is. See Crash, see Spyro.

FFVII is the other Ps1 juggernaut

People are not ready for the sales it is going to have.

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
LOL people forget how powerful nostalgia is. See Crash, see Spyro.

FFVII is the other Ps1 juggernaut

People are not ready for the sales it is going to have.

Like, it's going to be huge. I'm expecting ERA to have its first page filled with only Final Fantasy threads when the time comes.