• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
30dc471d04752a7f6f71e2461ab47ff8ac2b9502.gifv

General Information:

Developer: HAL Laboratory
Publisher: Nintendo
Platforms: Nintendo Switch
Release Date: 25 March 2022
Price: $59.99 (US) | £49.99(UK)

The Story:

maxresdefault.jpg

One day when Kirby was relaxing, a strange vortex appeared from the sky over Planet Popstar, sucking in everything around it including Kirby Waking up in an abandoned world where civilisation and nature have become one, Kirby finds the Waddle Dees have been captured by a gang known as the Beast Pack and encounters a mysterious new friend name Elfilin.

With Elfilin by his side, Kirby sets off on a new adventure in order to rescue the Waddle Dees - beat the Beast Pack and return home in time for cake.

A New World:
963ce770-73c8-11ec-bfff-f73567951644

Journey through a brand new world set in a modernism land that has been aged by time and forgotten - jump through multiple levels to venture through and objectives to complete.

Explore these new worlds by running, jumping and climbing through cities,deserts,snow fields and mysterious new locations never before seen before in the Kirby Series!

A New Dimension:
kirby-and-the-forgotten-land-kirby.gif

Explore Kirby in a completely new dimension, for the first time - Kirby is in a fully 3D Platformer. Explore this new perspective and take on the classic Kirby Formula

Brand New Objectives:
kirby-and-the-forgotten-land-demo-1-1200x675.jpg

Hunt for hidden secrets such as areas and treasures with hidden Waddle Dees being able to find in each area.

Fight the Beast Pack:

kirby_forgotten_land_screen_3.jpeg

There is a new threat in this brand new world - The Beast Pack and they won't go down without a fight. Take on fierce bosses and defeat the Beast Pack once and for all.

A Buddy Friend:
8f70cfee76bc739d13c11d6e5488c688e2325913.gifv

Need a helping hand on your adventure? Then pull in a friend for local co-op multiplayer and watch as Bandana Waddle Dee joins the action with his trusty spear!

Brand New Copy Abilities:
7nx8Y7i5taxtXBaAJ7d8wn-1200-80.jpg

Introducing the brand new Ranger and Drill. With Ranger Kirby will be able to shoot his foes from a distance while the Drill Ability will allow Kirby to drill into the ground in order to attack his enemies from below.

Introducing Mouthful Mode:

kirby_car_1920.0.jpg

One of the brand new abilities, look for special objects throughout each level for Kirby to use this new talent on: use Light-Bulb Mouth to light the way, Arch Mouth to glide through the air, Car Mouth to race past your enemies and many more that you will find over the course of your adventure.

Waddle Dee Town:

WaddleDee2.jpg

Welcome to Waddle Dee Town. This town will allow you to buy recovery and skill-boosting items from the Waddle Dee Café, Upgrade your weapons from the Waddle Dee Weapon Shop and Waddle Dee's Item Shop, collect figurines from Gotcha Machine Alley, play a range of fun subgames and more.

Amiibo Support:
kirby-amiibo.large.jpg

You can tap any amiibo (sold separately) in the game to receive coins and items. Tapping Kirby, Meta Knight, King Dedede or Waddle Dee amiibo from the Kirby or Super Smash Bros. series will give you better rewards!

Other Threads:

maxresdefault.jpg

Kirby and the Forgotten Land Spoiler Thread
Kirby and the Forgotten Land Reveiw Thread

Trailers:

Have Fun:

latest

OP
OP
TheGamingNewsGuy

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Sorry, if it's not as good as it could be. No one claimed this OT so i was like - why not do it :D

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Thanks for the OT! Demo + reviews have made it clear that this will be what I move onto once my time with Elden Ring concludes.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Ready for the lore

I still dont trust Elfilin, so let's see if my doubt will be justified

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Was gonna get it at Walmart until it turns out that they aren't doing $50 for this game. Just as well, downloaded it and will fire it up at 9. I now have <4 GB left on my 400GB card lol

Anyway, can't wait.

Grunty

Oct 28, 2017
Gruntilda’s Lair
This will be the first Kirby game I've purchased since I think the second one that released on the DS. Can't remember the name of it but I remember the entire premise was Kirby getting upset because his birthday cake was stolen haha

I'll be picking this one up tonight at 9pm at GameStop. So excited!

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Kirby is worth ALL $60.
Oh yeah absolutely. In my head it was just gonna be an easy "grab it for 50 after work" thing but honestly, with gas prices nowadays, it might as well be 10 dollars in gas to make that detour even if they were discounting it. I've waited for 3D Kirby for 25 years. I'm ready, and now I'll get to play a little bit tonight. Win/win!

Fleet of Foot

Oct 27, 2017
Springboro, OH
I've owned every Nintendo system since the NES, and yet this will be my first Kirby game. The demo was too easy and the game probably will be too but I'm still looking forward to it.

Kain-Nosgoth

Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
Finished the game, and i freaking loved it! The level design is full of charm, the music are fantastic, there's lots of variety and content

i still have post-game to do though, so not completely done

my only disappointement are the amount of copy abilities, not a lot get really different even when fully powered up... thankfully mouthfull compensate for that!
and maybe the final boss should have gotten another phase to truly make it sink like the previous games (it was still incredible and super flashy like you'd except from a kirby final boss)

but maybe the post-game will give me that

in any case, i hope they keep this formula and go all out in the next installement wth the copy abilities and so on!

manustany

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
The Space
Sadly I'm going to pass for now. I just started Tunic and the Ascension update for Returnal is addicting AF.

Loved the demo, I suppose I'll wait for a sale (LOL) and play it during the summer.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Finished the game, and i freaking loved it! The level design is full of charm, the music are fantastic, there's lots of variety and content

i still have post-game to do though, so not completely done

my only disappointement are the amount of copy abilities, not a lot get really different even when fully powered up... thankfully mouthfull compensate for that!
and maybe the final boss should have gotten another phase to truly make it sink like the previous games (it was still incredible and super flashy like you'd except from a kirby final boss)

but maybe the post-game will give me that

in any case, i hope they keep this formula and go all out in the next installement wth the copy abilities and so on!
How would you rank it to other Kirby games? And how long did it take to reach credits?

Plume

Jul 6, 2020
Picking my copy up tonight! I'm so excited. Not expecting it to beat Robobot as a personal favourite, but it's lookin' real good nonetheless

Kain-Nosgoth

Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
How would you rank it to other Kirby games? And how long did it take to reach credits?

took me around 10-12 hours maybe to do every level objective, would probably take half to just reach the ending! Also even though i did all the objective, i still was only 71 % completion, we'll see how long the post-game takes!

Aalso i'm definitely ranking it among the bests, maybe top 5? Just because it finally change the formula and it does it really well, but not everyone will feel that way, since you lose quite a lot of copy abilites, and the biomes are still mostly the same as previous games

my favourite still is robobot though

Bonestorm

Oct 27, 2017
I stubbornly bought Kirby Star Allies after my 3 year old replayed the demo a shocking amount.

Now, he's basically 100% that game, played Planet Robobot and Epic Yarn and is the craziest Kirby fan so this is a big deal around here.

Had a custom Kirby t-shirt made for him and bought the Kirby, Meta Knight and Dedede amiibos also.

Can't wait to see his reaction when he gets to play through this. I'll be on spear assistant duty.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
took me around 10-12 hours maybe to do every level objective, would probably take half to just reach the ending! Also even though i did all the objective, i still was only 71 % completion, we'll see how long the post-game takes!

Aalso i'm definitely ranking it among the bests, maybe top 5? Just because it finally change the formula and it does it really well, but not everyone will feel that way, since you lose quite a lot of copy abilites, and the biomes are still mostly the same as previous games

Sounds good to me, thanks! If this can at least be in the same weight class as Robobot (my #2 after KSSU) I'll be thrilled.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
I'm starting to let my guard down -- with how pervasive he seems to be, I don't think my poor heart could take it if he betrays our boy. :(

(They snuggle together! SNUGGLE!)
Waiting for the endgame plot twist where the Beast Pack was never evil, they were trying to stop Elfilin, the true evil, and mistakenly believed the Waddle Dees were on his side

amara

Nov 23, 2021
Saw a bunch of reviews where it took them 7 hours to beat which is kinda crazy to me. The pace I'm going at will take me around 14 hours

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Does Kirby still get to beat up a stationary tree that poses no threat to him if he simply walks around or hovers above it, and then does a jubilant dance over its burning figure as it weeps?

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Reached World 3 while taking my time, been so long that I got a game day -1.
Anyway this game is SO cute, I keep coming back to the town waving to the Dees, haha.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
Im so hyped to play this tomorrow. Work is gonna unbearable because of it. Kirby is shaped like a friend, my friend.

delete12345

One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Boston, MA
For those in this OT thread, please do check out the "Ask the Developers" series on Kirby and the Forgotten Lands.

www.resetera.com

Ask the Developer Vol. 4, Kirby and the Forgotten Land Nintendo

https://www.nintendo.co.uk/News/2022/March/Ask-the-Developer-Vol-4-Kirby-and-the-Forgotten-Land-2187039.html A Quote from Each Chapter: Chapter 1: Why aren't the stages more densely populated? Chapter 2: I can't believe this is the first mainline, 3D Kirby title! Chapter 3: Just an...

We need someone to do a 100% complete run, to unlock the lore hidden behind the scripted language.

Also, for those who are concerned about how "easy" this game is going to be:

LAtyO4V.png

Last edited:

Diogo Arez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 20, 2020
For those in this OT thread, please do check out the "Ask the Developers" series on Kirby and the Forgotten Lands.

www.resetera.com

Ask the Developer Vol. 4, Kirby and the Forgotten Land Nintendo

https://www.nintendo.co.uk/News/2022/March/Ask-the-Developer-Vol-4-Kirby-and-the-Forgotten-Land-2187039.html A Quote from Each Chapter: Chapter 1: Why aren't the stages more densely populated? Chapter 2: I can't believe this is the first mainline, 3D Kirby title! Chapter 3: Just an...

We need someone to do a 100% complete run, to unlock the lore hidden behind the scripted language.

Also, for those who are concerned about how "easy" this game is going to be:

LAtyO4V.png
That's nice to hear, the boss in the demo seemed a step in the right direction, easy but a more varied moveset so I'm expecting some fights and platforming challenges towards the end to make us use every tool at our disposal

Zetta

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Preordered mine through Gamestop since I had some credits and now I won't get it until April... think this spells the end for my gamestop online purchases.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Preordered mine through Gamestop since I had some credits and now I won't get it until April... think this spells the end for my gamestop online purchases.

Yea it seems the only way to reliably get something from Gamestop on time (online anyways) is to try same day delivery on the day the game comes out instead of pre-ordering. Assuming a Gamestop is near you ofc

MouldyK

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Kirby does a small "Eee!" when he waves at a saved Waddle Dee and it's just heart-melting!

1upsuper

Jan 30, 2018

I notice that you and I play a lot of the same games so your impressions have me pretty excited -- all the more since I'm a big Kirby fan. Though to be honest I suppose I'm a fan up through Epic Yarn. The more recent titles didn't grab me, but it sounds like I should give Robobot a solid try.

Kain-Nosgoth

Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
I notice that you and I play a lot of the same games so your impressions have me pretty excited -- all the more since I'm a big Kirby fan. Though to be honest I suppose I'm a fan up through Epic Yarn. The more recent titles didn't grab me, but it sounds like I should give Robobot a solid try.

sorry, i don't really remember which user are in which thread in general, so i'm affraid i don't know which games you're talking about here, but glad it seems i convinced you, lol, hopefully you won't regret it!

And yeah, robobot is a fantastic experience, triple deluxe was pretty good too, but it was merely a prototype to what robobot would be! Star allies was pretty meh for me though, aisde the very end which was pretty cool

Oct 25, 2017
Puff of the Wild was taken was it?

Odyssey and Bowser's Fury really ended up not being my jam, even though I enjoyed them. 3D Mario's like SM64 and the Galaxy duo were ones I really loved. Sunshine I just need to get to, I've had it forever on GC and of course the All-Stars pack.

I might go in for this if it's enough of what I "think" I now want from a modern NIntendo 3D platformer.

The added wrinkle here is I have never actually played a Kirby game proper. I liked Mass Attack.