• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
SOON

kirby.jpg

amara

Nov 23, 2021
Some of the world 1 and world 4 levels really do look like something straight out of TLOU

Diogo Arez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 20, 2020
Just saw the positional hit detection this game does and ngl more games should do it, sometimes hitting stuff in certain 3D games can be tricky due to the camera perspective so it may help

jeelybeans

Oct 25, 2017
Was gonna get it at Walmart until it turns out that they aren't doing $50 for this game. Just as well, downloaded it and will fire it up at 9. I now have <4 GB left on my 400GB card lol

Anyway, can't wait.

If it matters, Wal Mart is also offering a physical preorder bonus, a Kirby pop socket.

Agent Unknown

Oct 26, 2017
Really enjoyed the demo. The 3D platforming mixed with classic Kirby mechanics was pulled off really well and love the light post apocalyptic setting, will probably be getting this soon.

Theswweet

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
California
Got a copy earlier today from my local store, and it's absolutely lovely so far. Some of the challenges for levels are pretty obscure already, in the second world!

Curt Baboon

Avenger
Mar 13, 2018
This is going to be my first Kirby game. The demo didn't blow me away, but I'm definitely in the mood for some Super Mario 3D World-esque goodness.

I also need to see all the crazy shit you guys are saying about Kirby killing gods for myself. What the hell is this franchise?

meataem

Teyvat Traveler
Jun 29, 2019
Gimme a mouthful of this anime ass Kirby intro 3 times a day 7 days a week.

Plume

Jul 6, 2020
Cleared the first couple levels. It's so good! The Treasure Roads are such a fun distraction too. And omg the opening!!

Can't wait to play more tomorrow

Weary Bones

Nov 7, 2017
SoCal
The song in the level 'Through the Tunnel' is based on / is an homage to a different Kirby song right??? Why does part of it sound so familiar??

The best guess I have Rock Star theme from Kirby 64??

Dog Weissman

Banned
Sep 12, 2020
Quick question about mouthful mode.

In this picture, is the car in Kirby's mouth and are his legs sticking out of the back? Because if they are I'm legitimately going out to buy this as soon as stores open.

kirby_car_1920.0.jpg

Poltergust

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
Can anyone who already has the game (I'm getting a physical copy delivered) tell me if pause menu descriptions for copy abilities/boss battles are in?

They didn't show up in the demo and that made me concerned.

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Banned
Jun 8, 2019
Let's FUCKING GOOOO.

can't wait to dive into this during the weekend!

Oct 25, 2017
Can anyone who already has the game (I'm getting a physical copy delivered) tell me if pause menu descriptions for copy abilities/boss battles are in?

They didn't show up in the demo and that made me concerned.
i haven't seen anything like that in the pause menu, but the capsules you find throughout the levels have descriptions for large enemies, bosses, and kirby transformations (maybe more, it's just what i've seen so far). the capsule viewing screen from the world map is adorable.

Poltergust

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
i haven't seen anything like that in the pause menu, but the capsules you find throughout the levels have descriptions for large enemies, bosses, and kirby transformations (maybe more, it's just what i've seen so far)
Nothing about the controls for each copy ability, though?

That's... really weird. Like, literally every Kirby game since Return to Dreamland has had that, if not earlier.

Toma

Scratching that Itch.io http://bit.ly/ItchERA
Oct 25, 2017
What are some criticisms people are having about the game?

Brodo Baggins

Oct 27, 2017

The co-op while serviceable definitely feels like little sibling mode with bandana waddle dee having only one moveset, very aggressive leashing, and no mouthful mode. Also there are a bunch of challenge levels that are Kirby only.

It's still a very delightful game, and while better in almost every other respect the co-op feels like a step back from Star Allies.

Last edited:

Peek-a-boo!

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Woodbridge

Not being in 60fps.

I'm buying Kirby's newest adventure next week during my Easter break (teacher here) however, after playing the demo, I couldn't help but notice that the game feels a little bit sluggish.

Playing Mario Kart then bumbling through the demo for The Forgotten Land makes it all the more jarring, but oh well…

mopinks

Oct 27, 2017
Kirby is a sluggish series on the whole

until you get Wheel. Wheel is for adrenaline junkies

meataem

Teyvat Traveler
Jun 29, 2019
Beaten the first two worlds and while the game has been a delight so far, there hasn't been anything that's wowed me in the same veins as some other Nintendo first party entries on the Switch, and the shift to 3D hasn't done all that much to evolve the Kirby formula so far. levels have just kinda been okay, so I'm crossing my fingers that the game picks up a bit now that I've reached world 3 - carnival land.

AKA this is an absolute sham of a Kirby game because Whispy Woods isn't the boss of the first zone.

(Also I'm kinda bummed that I'm seemingly able to unlock all the new buildings in Waddle Dee town from the first world alone?)

MouldyK

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
(Also I'm kinda bummed that I'm seemingly able to unlock all the new buildings in Waddle Dee town from the first world alone?)

Actually, you only earn 48 from World 1 and the lowest is 50 Dee's...but yeah, you can unlock all buildings it shows by the 2nd Level of World 2.

Also, yeesh, the World 2 Treasure Road Courses don't mess about with the Target Times!

EDIT: Did the Hammer in 44.90 seconds...any tips for Sword!?

EDIT: Did Sword in 57.55...much easier!

Last edited:

Diogo Arez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 20, 2020
Not being in 60fps.

I'm buying Kirby's newest adventure next week during my Easter break (teacher here) however, after playing the demo, I couldn't help but notice that the game feels a little bit sluggish.

Playing Mario Kart then bumbling through the demo for The Forgotten Land makes it all the more jarring, but oh well…
Tbh while I rather have 60fps I actually didn't mind the 30 in the demo that much considering it's not that complex reflex wise

Dr. Mario

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Netherlands
Just finished the first level. I need to rave about the sound, something I did not think I would do beforehand. I knew Kirby had some classic tunes, but at least the first world is fantastic. And it's not just the music, but also the sound mixing. Playing this with a headset the way new music and sounds gets mixed in with the environment is sublime. Absolute joy.