Jack Remington

User requested permanent ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Larry O'Brien trophy for the NBA Championship (5x, fewer than Russell and Jordan, tied with Magic)
MVP of the NBA regular season (1x, tied with Shaq)
Finals MVP (2x, 1 less than Jordan and LeBron, tied with Kareem and Bird)
All Star Game MVP (4x, 1 more than Shaq, Jordan and LeBron)
Oscar (1x, tied with Leonardo DiCaprio)

LeBron needs to pick up his acting/production game. Jordan of course failed to win an Oscar for Space Jam.

Rivi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
He is a very good actor just look at his last game he played that shit show had people thinking he was actually the best player on the court. It reminded me of the king of the hill episode where the football players stood to the side to let Rickey get the touchdown record. That said how much money transferred hands to give him this award.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
I had to google this since I don't watch the Oscars. Seems people are salty he won.

Haloid1177

Oct 25, 2017
In the time that we have a thread about Ryan Secrest getting shit on by Taraji cause of his shit, Kobe just smiles his happened so long ago. Double standard a bit, but Dear Basketball was a really good short, so deserved, just looks bad.

OP
OP
Jack Remington

Jack Remington

User requested permanent ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
He is a very good actor just look at his last game he played that shit show had people thinking he was actually the best player on the court. It reminded me of the king of the hill episode where the football players stood to the side to let Rickey get the touchdown record. That said how much money transferred hands to give him this award.

Best burn in this thread after some poor attempts earlier. He took like 40+ shots that game. He did deliver down the stretch though. While he was nowhere near his 2006-10 peak, it was still amazing to watch.

Valkyr1983

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NH, United States
I guess they should invite Harvey Weinstein back, then.

I don't think the two are comparable

I'm saying, there are allegations against people all the time

If you think we need to air on the side of always believe allegations and if a few innocent careers get tanked because of it, oh well.... that's your prerogative but I think it's bullshit

The difference here is that there are so many allegations against Weinstein it's improbable they are false without a mass conspiracy against him

And obviously since he was removed from the Weinstein company they either knew he was guilty or wasn't worth the damage with the amount of accusations

Kobe was accused by one person he had a sexual encounter with and she refused to testify in court. No charges were brought forward. Back in 2003

You think that warrants being blacklisted? Honest question

Sowrong

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
In the time that we have a thread about Ryan Secrest getting shit on by Taraji cause of his shit, Kobe just smiles his happened so long ago. Double standard a bit, but Dear Basketball was a really good short, so deserved, just looks bad.
That thread was some Donald trump level bullshit. In full context they were laughing before the supposed shade, and when reached for comment afterwards she said she fully supports seacrest. It's crazy how people can be manipulated by putting things out of context and seeing what they want to see.

Fancy Clown

Oct 25, 2017

If you think we need to air on the side of always believe allegations and if a few innocent careers get tanked because of it, oh well.... that's your prerogative but I think it's bullshit

The difference here is that there are so many allegations against Weinstein it's improbable they are false without a mass conspiracy against him

And obviously since he was removed from the Weinstein company they either knew he was guilty or wasn't worth the damage with the amount of accusations

Kobe was accused by one person he had a sexual encounter with and she refused to testify in court. No charges were brought forward. Back in 2003

On a night when Hollywood was professing that change has come? Yeah I thought it was a mistake to give it to him. I mean, even on the merits of the short I think it was kinda laughable that he won.

And lol as if his career would be tanked by not giving it to him. Dude has enough money to buy John Williams for his puff piece.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Oh, I thought the A stood for Alleged rapist.
C5YVS46.gif

Valkyr1983

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NH, United States
Funny how allegedly only means something for people we like

It doesn't?

Yeah I do like Kobe. You can't like basketball and not, he's one of the greats, always put on a show no matter what team your rooting for

I like Mel Gibson a lot. Still do, to this day

But I'm not gonna go into a Mel Gibson thread and say "naw guys I don't think he's anti Semitic" because that would be bullshit, I'll acknowledge there are parts of him that are a piece of shit but I can still enjoy his work or him as an actor

In Kobe's case it's just not the same, I feel we don't have enough to go on to make the definitive statement he's done wrong or is not welcomed in certain circles (such as the movie industry)

Cookie

Oct 26, 2017

This is on point. We can't just start blacklisting people based on this, that's going too far the other way and sets a dangerous precedent. There needs to be a middle ground here.

I think it's good that he won, we should be willing to believe the accused just as much as we are the accusers when the evidence points to them being innocent. See Aziz Ansari.

sirap

Oct 25, 2017
South East Asia
What evidence made her hard to believe?

Hell even Kobe recognizes it wasn't consensual (for the victim):

"I also want to make it clear that I do not question the motives
of this young woman. No money has been paid to this woman. She has
agreed that this statement will not be used against me in the civil
case. Although I truly believe this encounter between us was
consensual, I recognize now that she did not and does not view this
incident the same way I did.
After months of reviewing discovery,
listening to her attorney, and even her testimony in person, I now
understand how she feels that she did not consent to this
encounter.

dramazen

Oct 25, 2017
Do you really think the environment in 2003 was as generous to women as 2018 is in acknowledging their stories? The whole point of the current sexual harassment zeitgeist is that women were ignored for decades. Pre-social media, the ability of a popular, famous man to get away with sexual assault and sexual harassment was significantly higher.
There's a pretty big difference between the number of accusations leveled at Weinstein and Kobe.
Moreover, there's this sort of sentiment that is irritating.

How many women does it take to be equal to one man? Two? Three? Do we need eight women before we begin to believe women over men?

Why is it that one woman cannot be equal to one man?

Roberto Duran

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, he didn't deserve that win last night. Dear Basketball, while having nice artwork, was the worst of the nominated shorts.

Illest1

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
User Banned ( 3 days): Victim blaming in a sexual assault case.
She had sex with another man. Rape victims aren't allowed to do that.

Yeah but-

Correction, they found the sperm of 3 different men (pretty than Bryant's) in her panties. Me thinks she went home, her boyfriend was on to her having cheated and so she claimed it was forced. And it snowballed from there.

False accusation is the likely truth.

Vern

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Correction, they found the sperm of 3 different men (pretty than Bryant's) in her panties. Me thinks she went home, her boyfriend was on to her having cheated and so she claimed it was forced. And it snowballed from there.

False accusation is the likely truth.

Who has prettier sperm than Kobe?

Deleted member 42

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
This mod post has been retracted.
Alright, stepping in here.

While the accusations against Kobe have merit, they have derailed this thread in record time. Please try to focus the thread on the particular points in the OP.

If you'd like to make a thread about the accusations him, you are more than welcome to do so.

Last edited by a moderator: