gabegabe

Jul 5, 2018
Brazil

Did people actually think somehow Kojima created PT, got it on Sony's gamescom presser, etc was done without any knowledge from Konami?

Yes, because people live in this fantasy that Kojima wanted to make the best horror game of all time and EVIL KONAMI #FuckKonami killed it, and not that it was a project that would cost lots of millions from a franchise that most of the entries sold less than 1 million copies.

Foltzie

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
While it is possible and even probably to start proof of concepts* while working on existing projects, bringing on GDT and Norman Redus would have presumably required legal to participate in some fashion. The idea of creating PT with no one knowing was odd up front.

*For example the NES remix prototype was created by a junior engineer in his spare time.

Rover_

Jun 2, 2020
Do people not know how game development works? Konami have them some money to produce a prototype... They wouldn't have to steal from their others games budget...

Like how would they have been able to sneak money for a prototype while also releasing it publicly?

it's called bad faith :) also this getting out right after that IGN makes up rumours is hilarious.

Keym

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
What if that's what Kojima wants us to think

2qSYo.gif

Shryke

Oct 26, 2017
Hahah good. It's too obvious it was shit. There were folks here who wanted to believe it.... smh.

Alvis

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
I wasn't aware that anyone with a brain believed such a stupid fanfiction

SunBroDave

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
Wait, you're telling me that Kojima didn't set up a shell company specifically to release PT without Konami's knowledge?

Salpal

Oct 25, 2017
We really need to watch with shit like this. People in the other thread already acting like it's true, saying that Kojima deserved what he got at Konami, etc. All over nonsense.

Yesterday, an IGN writer admitted to be forced by his bosses to lie about Amy Hennigs departure from Naughty Dog. Druckmann, Straley, and Hennig all got shit over and will continue to from now until the end of time.

A lot of us are guilty of helping to spread this bullshit. These are real people we are talking about, not videogame characters.

I'm glad they put out a statement relatively fast.

Dreamboum

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The article also said that MGS5 never had a chapter 3 and that Episode 51 was just going to be DLC and that any assumptions the game was unfinished was just because the game was badly written.

Does it mean Kojima Production deny these claims too? There was a chapter 3 that is missing?

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Good.

That thread was an embarrassment and the people who were peddling that shit here are looking pretty dumb right now.

VaporSnake

Oct 28, 2017
Took only half a second of skimming the article to deduce that it was indeed an hilariously inflated fabricated story juiced up for the clicks, not one aspect of it was plausible in the slightest.

Risev

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
The article also said that MGS5 never had a chapter 3 and that Episode 51 was just going to be DLC and that any assumptions the game was unfinished was just because the game was badly written.

Does it mean Kojima Production deny these claims too? There was a chapter 3 that is missing?
They deny the allegations about P.T. and do not comment on any other thing in the article, as they don't have to given stuff is cut all the time in game development and none of it is usually criminal offense like some people in the other thread wanted this to be.

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue

Plus they never denied Demon Edition, so surely that must be coming too!

KojiPro doesn't have to address every baseless claim some clickbait makes about them, this one was just a criminal allegation.

Nugnip

Oct 25, 2017
Gameblog pulling stuff straight from their asses? I'm shocked. Trash tier publication.

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA
this is the first I'm hearing of this...

they are saying Kojima greenlit or announced a Silent Hill game without the publisher knowing or hearing it from Sony before the stage event? ok

Bear

Oct 25, 2017
It's weird that Kojima Productions issued this statement when this clearly would've taken place at Konami.

Cactuar

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
From the very second post of that thread on everyone said the site was bullshit, but somehow the thread was allowed to go on for 12 pages. Probably because it's Kojima and it's fun to make shit up? And remember folks,

I always go to Gameblog.fr for all of my Japanese information.

Risev

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
From the very second post of that thread on everyone said the site was bullshit, but somehow the thread was allowed to go on for 12 pages. Probably because it's Kojima and it's fun to make shit up? And remember folks,
Honestly shocked that thread was allowed to stay open as long as it did considering:

1) It details an article containing damaging information from a questionable source, and features a lot of users attacking Kojima using that article.
2) On the same day we had Mitch Dyer showing us exactly how much damage these articles can do.

endzville

Self-requested ban
Banned
Apr 21, 2020
Scotland
We really need to watch with shit like this. People in the other thread already acting like it's true, saying that Kojima deserved what he got at Konami, etc. All over nonsense.

Yesterday, an IGN writer admitted to be forced by his bosses to lie about Amy Hennigs departure from Naughty Dog. Druckmann, Straley, and Hennig all got shit over and will continue to from now until the end of time.

A lot of us are guilty of helping to spread this bullshit. These are real people we are talking about, not videogame characters.

I'm glad they put out a statement relatively fast.

Everything you said is true but I'm not gonna count on things changing any time soon. I mean, the key in order to do so, as you mention, would be to admit and acknowledge how the gaming press and general community, on forums like this one but also on social media and YouTube, has habitually jumped to conclusions based on rumours and speculation in the past and continue to do so with an alarming frequency. The way people continue to talk about the Konami-Kojima fallout and MGSV's development, plus its marketing and the game itself for that matter, are actually perfect examples of this, so it came as no surprise to me that something as implausible as the topic of that thread actually made sense to more than a handful of people.

Ojli

Chicken Chaser
Oct 28, 2017
Sweden
What is false? That they took money from MGS V to develop PT, that Kojima was fired partially for that or both?

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
People are dumb and believe any headline it seems. Literally two seconds of logical thinking would've told you that it was impossible to be true.

StayMe7o

May 11, 2018
Kamurocho
Now people are going to parrot this story and then it'll become the eventual "truth" e.g. "Didn't Kojima secretly develop PT?"

Nov 21, 2019
I think some people here didn't believe the rumors at all, but choose to support the narrative to rag on Kojima, regardless if it was verified.

RoninStrife

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
INTERNET was lying to me again??? The horror! Seriously guys, who couldn't smell this was fake from a mile away?