• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DukeBlueBall

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle, WA
Kojima just shot himself in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Playstation culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in Xbox where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in Playstation, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the PlayStation fans, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase Death Stranding 2, nor will they purchase any of KojiPro's games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Kojima has alienated an entire fanbase with this move.

Kojima, publicly apologize and cancel the cloud game for Xbox or you can kiss your business goodbye.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
I don't care what he keeps saying in both camps. This man has lately just kept babbling. Just show anything you are working on and stop doing politics.

MouldyK

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
t90h7h7.png

Lol

It was MSX though...

In 1986, he was hired by Konami, for which he designed and wrote Metal Gear (1987) for the MSX2, a game that laid the foundations for stealth games and the Metal Gear series, his best known and most appreciated works.

MSX is a standardized home computer architecture, announced by Microsoft and ASCII Corporation on June 16, 1983.[1]​[2]​ It was initially conceived by Microsoft as a product for the Eastern sector, and jointly marketed by Kazuhiko Nishi, then vice-president at Microsoft and director at ASCII Corporation.

Checkmate! He's coming back to MS, the ones who made him!

Lmao. Nobody tell them who came up with MSX standard.

Exactly!

Midas

Oct 27, 2017
I mean, I know we don't want this stuff here. But I thrive on these people. I love it. It's 2022 and I bet most people going mad over this aint 14 years old.

takriel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is so sad. I guess a big chunk of the target audience for video games are whiny insecure teens but still.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
They really should just ignore that. Now those people complaining feel they are right to complain

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
wtf has kojima made that was "woke"? These people are on crack

death stranding because it had women in leading roles in it?

Markratos

Hermen Hulst's Secret Account
Feb 15, 2020
The only question that confuses me is if Overdose was the new game that Kojima announced or was it something else. I doubt Kojima Productions can make Overdose, DS2, and another new IP with Xbox at the same time.
I think Overdose is still the Microsoft's game, The Snitch has only leaked things that had to be announced recently at the moment, but for some reason they haven't decided to show a trailer at the conference.

Gavalanche

Prophet of Regret
Oct 21, 2021
On this very forum we had people saying how could Sony let him go, or that Jim Ryan ruined their relationship, or all sorts of stuff. So its not as if hot takes are confined just to twitter :P

Desodeset

May 31, 2019
Sofia, Bulgaria
Such a weird thing to confirm on Twitter that you also work with SIE. On one hand i understand that most Kojima's fans are playing on PlayStation. On the other hand, fanbase shouldn't be so weird and aggressive for one small experimental project and should support developers in every undertaking.

canderous

Prophet of Truth
Jun 12, 2020
Enemies of ps and Enemies of xbox when Kojima announces his Switch exclusive

giphy.gif

Kojima will bring us all together in the end

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Always nice when you have to put out statements on your official channels to placate upset fanbabies.

Oct 26, 2017
Some people never grow out of petty school yard drama. Emotionally and intellectually stunted morons.

But watching them kick and scream in their desperation at least provides some entertainment.