• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Melpomene

One Winged Slayer
Jun 9, 2019
im-playing-both-sides-both-sides.gif

Smitch

The Unshakable Resolve of "this guy are sick"
Apr 21, 2022
Hilarious that they even have to put a statement lol
Console warriors are the worst

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Please be excited and please be assured. Also please stop spamming our social media.

PJV3

Oct 25, 2017
London
If people are asking them nicely if they are still making stuff for Playstation then it's fine, Kojima has a pretty committed audience.

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
It's too late. I've already burned all my Kojima Productions branded games and merchandise. I cried tears as my 1/6 scale Quiet - MGSV statue melted in the flames. This isn't over. You will be ashamed of your words and deeds.

radiogra

Jun 27, 2020
Why does this need clarification? Twitter console wars?
yes. i sometimes drop down that twitter rabbithole because it's kinda fascinating and sad. people posting dozens of times of day about their preferred product, but mostly posting negatively about the "competition.". like it's all a key part of their personality.

i always feel shitty after i look at those profiles too but i keep doing it lol.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
yes. i sometimes drop down that rabbithole because it's kinda faniscinating and sad. people posting dozens of times of day about their preffered product. like it's a key part of their personality.

I question if these people actually play games. They seem to spend all their time on Twitter console warring. Such a sad group of people.

dbcyber

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Really excited to see what Kojima is going to deliver with Microsoft and xcloud. Let's hope he can ignore the fanboys that will no doubt do a lot of shit talking on Twitter and such, I recall he got death threats for MGS4, not sure what the reason was but yeah Fanboys suck.

Wesker

Aug 3, 2020
lol, people are dense these days. But good that KojiPro reassured everyone that they're still independent ... which ... wasn't surprising considering how well Konami V Kojima went.

I am just glad that Kojima's project is NOT with Amazon, Google, Apple, Netflix or whatnot. Sure, I am glad it is with Microsoft and probably comes to GamePass. I would've been fine with it being with Sony and eventually coming to PC. Although the chances would be slim that I'd actually play it then considering how much virtual dust Death Stranding is collecting on my PC.

Seeing Kojima not shackled to the MGS franchise after so long is actually something I am happy about.

Tigerfish419

Oct 28, 2021
Yikes why is this a thing he has to do, he literally made a PS exclusive for his last game. Some people are weird, it's good he can make games for whoever he wants and isn't locked down.

Soj

Oct 27, 2017
Let's be honest, without the power of Microsoft's cutting edge cloud technology, could PS5 even run this completely new unseen experience that Kojima-san has always dreamed of creating?

I doubt it.

People are getting upset for no reason.

12Danny123

Jan 31, 2018
Let's be honest, without the power of Microsoft's cutting edge cloud technology, could PS5 even run this completely new unseen experience that Kojima-san has always dreamed of creating?

I doubt it.

People are getting upset for no reason.

Exactly, I also find it surprising that people are saying that Sony should have worked with Kojima on this game they're working on, but Sony doesn't have the cloud computing clout.

Anything that has to do with the Cloud will always have MS, Amazon or Google involved.

Phoenix7

Alt Account
Banned
May 24, 2022
This is hilarious. Console fanboys are weird. Kojima Productions are independent and can work on multiple projects, the cloud thing is probably smaller in scope but it will be interesting to see what it is. That announcement was trash though as it basically told me nothing.

TaleBknB

Alt-Account
Banned
May 19, 2022
A shame they have to say this. Kojima is not owned by Sony, people should not act as if.

Oct 27, 2017
Turkey
Gaming community at its best lol. I mean these are the same people literally asked/petitioned Bioware to change Mass Effect 3's ending and I'm not even mentioning death threats etc.

we are the only industry that rewards PS/Xbox wars. we make console based programs, podcasts, editorials. especially the mass media does nothing to end this because of clicks.

and now they will get more clicks with this news. cycle continues.