• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

kyorii

Oct 25, 2017
Splatlandia
Yeah but instead you gamble away hours of your life. Can't imagine the grind to get all rare blades. The draw rates look a lot worse than a typical gacha game.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Wait, what is this gacha thing?

You played a mobile gacha game before? Games like ... Fire Emblem Heroes, or this Granblue Fantasy thing? Getting the rare blades is pretty much a gamble.

Haven't really watched any in-depth previews, but i imagine the game makes you choose between the different elements, but what blade you get from your pick is random. It can either be a regular blade that all look like cyborg-thingies, or you're lucky and get one of the rare ones.

Tirisfal

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
London
So I've never played these games before and xenoblade chron 2 will be my first.

This character looks really cool - will we get to play as her or what exactly?

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
My girl KOS-MOS! I loved Xenosaga 1 and 3. 2 was such a bore I fell asleep and never beat it. I'm so happy to see her in a Monolith Soft Xeno game where she belongs.

I have high hopes for her in the future.
I'd like to know what this means for the future of KOS-MOS!

KOS-MOS is probably coming to Smash, especially with Bandai working on Smash 4. The Xenosaga Trilogy could have a better chance of being real in the future.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know how farmable rare crystals are but it looks like her drop is really low. 2-3 reviews said they never got her even after like 50+ hours of gameplay.

Well since there are no options to use real money to buy rare crystals (THANK GOD!), i sure as heck hope that the crystals are farmable.
Just imagine you're not really blessed by luck and fail to get rare blades on multiple pulls with the crystals you get throughout the main story.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
So I've never played these games before and xenoblade chron 2 will be my first.

This character looks really cool - will we get to play as her or what exactly?

This is a new system even for Xenoblade games. She is like a partner character, which all Blades will be. Similarish to a Persona or Pokémon I guess, though a wee bit more complex than those with less amount as a result. They determine your special attacks (Arts) and whatnot. Looks like a cool system to me.

RagnarokX

Oct 26, 2017
No, Thanatos:
VstghjWl.jpg

IcyInferno

Oct 26, 2017
Well since there are no options to use real money to buy rare crystals (THANK GOD!), i sure as heck hope that the crystals are farmable.
Just imagine you're not really blessed by luck and fail to get rare blades on multiple pulls with the crystals you get throughout the main story.

Yeah at least on a NG+ (assuming there is one) it would be nice if we could use some in game currency). Would be nice to be able to farm all the blades on a second play through.

GenG

Oct 26, 2017
The lady is not a stranger to small appearances like this. She is Monolith's mascot after all and she's being in a lot of games, like Baten Kaitos, Super Robot Taisen OG Saga, Soul Calibur, but most notably the Namco x Capcom / Project X Zone titles, where she already mixed with Xenoblade and Fire Emblem characters.

She's always being in this weird space due to license issues but I'm glad she is back home. I hope this means they have something prepared for her. Props to Namco for being cool about this.

This comes as... suspicious, after that Namco event reveal. Xenosaga Trilogy for Switch? KOS-MOS in Smash?

Deleted member 3888

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Damn I would've missed this if not for this thread, now I'm super excited about xenoblade 2

Thanks duckroll!

Tirisfal

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
London
This is a new system even for Xenoblade games. She is like a partner character, which all Blades will be. Similarish to a Persona or Pokémon I guess, though a wee bit more complex than those with less amount as a result. They determine your special attacks (Arts) and whatnot. Looks like a cool system to me.

Oh cool. When you say partner, is it like a member in a party? Ever present or just gets summoned for an attack and disappears again? Sorry the all the questions lol.

Rmagnus

Oct 28, 2017
Rerolling refers to the first free tutorial roll. If it's early enough in the game, lots of people will try rerolling until they have a rare Blade they like to start with.

you can restart the entire game from the start until you roll the blade,just like rerolling in real mobile gacha games(tbh I'll appreciate anyone that has the patience to do that with this game)

Hmm I didn't know that as I was trying to avoid most news regarding the game. If that's the case I might be doing a ton of re rolling if it is in the first 20 mins

RagnarokX

Oct 26, 2017
Oh cool. When you say partner, is it like a member in a party? Ever present or just gets summoned for an attack and disappears again? Sorry the all the questions lol.
They are equipable weapons. Each character in your party can equip 3 and switch between them on the fly, and the avatar of the current equipped weapon appears alongside the user of the weapon and will perform special attacks with them if you build up combos.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The Blade will be there on the field with you following you like a Pokémon. Each Blade gives your character a different set of moves.

So, as your battling or running around KOS-MOS will be there following you.

Kain-Nosgoth

Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
Fucking hell... thanks for the spoiler... Why is it so hard to be considerate and NOT put the info right in the thread title?

Going intot an OT it would be my own fault for getting spoiled, but there, i have nothing to avoid that...

sure it's just a blade, but it would have been great to have the surprise while playing...

Mark H

Oct 27, 2017
This surely means we'll get guest character from Xenogears too right?
Especially considering they got permission from SE to bring Nomura in.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Wow KOS-MOS! I just woke up to get a drink and I see this! This is amazing! Friday has to hurry the heck up!

Gacha rolls fill me with dread though! I'm not going to get her am I?

Oh and duckroll?
Thanks for the title haha! I love it. Especially considering what happened to the old thread. It really shpuld not have derailed like that but I guess people have to complain about something.

kuroneko0509

Oct 25, 2017
i don't see if anyone have patience to reroll in this game... and who knows if the 1st roll is rigged to give non-rare only

Mgs2master2

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, I hope more characters are hidden in the game to become blades, namely from Xeno Series. The fact she is in this, is amazing.

as I stated in the previous thread, I really hope this person from the Xeno series appears.
spoiler tagged

27a.png

game hits in 1 day (or midnight pst i think) and embargo ends soon. I cannot contain my excitement.

Here is to hoping more characters/blades are hidden and/or coming

Wishy-Washy

Nov 26, 2017
Rerolling refers to the first free tutorial roll. If it's early enough in the game, lots of people will try rerolling until they have a rare Blade they like to start with.
From the stream I watched
there isn't one, unless I missed it in which case it's a Common Core and is got several hours into the game, because the streamer I watched only had Common Cores when they rolled for their first time and the cutscene that introduced the concept of Core Crystals happen several hours into the game.

Deleted member 426

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fucking hell... thanks for the spoiler... Why is it so hard to be considerate and NOT put the info right in the thread title?

Going intot an OT it would be my own fault for getting spoiled, but there, i have nothing to avoid that...

sure it's just a blade, but it would have been great to have the surprise while playing...
Somebody didn't read the OP.

Tirisfal

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
London
They are equipable weapons. Each character in your party can equip 3 and switch between them on the fly, and the avatar of the current equipped weapon appears alongside the user of the weapon and will perform special attacks with them if you build up combos.
The Blade will be there on the field with you following you like a Pokémon. Each Blade gives your character a different set of moves.

So, as your battling or running around KOS-MOS will be there following you.
Awesome, this sounds really cool. I know next to nothing about this game as I'm trying to go in fresh, so I'm looking forward to it.