sagi

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 6, 2021
That wasn't a part of Kotaku's report, it was from someone else. And I don't believe that, these "remasters" are supposed to be in dev since 2019, doesn't sound like they're mere preorder gifts.
Did you even read the report? It literally says in the kotaku report:

Originally, it seemed that these re-releases were going to be packaged together and given to players who purchased the upcoming next-gen ports of GTA V and GTA Online as a sort of bonus or "thank you gift" from Rockstar.

Castamere

Oct 26, 2017
Did you even read the report? It literally says in the kotaku report:

That doesn't really support your original point. If anything that reads like they grew to something way bigger that they felt confident charging full price for.

Tho it's coming to mobile and switch, anyone expecting FF7 level remakes is lying to themselves.

sagi

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 6, 2021
That doesn't really support your original point. If anything that reads like they grew to something way bigger that they felt confident charging full price for.

Tho it's coming to mobile and switch, anyone expecting FF7 level remakes is lying to themselves.
My point was that it was in kotakus originall point.

Donepalace

Mar 16, 2019
What an absolutely awful view on remaking a game. "Hey, lets just mash old assets together with 0 care on how the original game was designed". Thankfully R* are pretty damn good when it comes to attention to detail, so its unlikely a remaster would be a mutant patchwork of past maps sewn together to make a quick buck. I'd much rather just get the PS2 originals (but with some decent QOL fixes) than your Frankenstein suggestion.
Well you make it sound like they would try to use the PS2 assets lol obviously rockstar wouldn't do that and would do it in the best quality they could.
The fact that GTAV is getting "enhanced" tells us that the assets from that game are being brought up to a decent standard for the new gen consoles your telling me that rockstar wouldn't use them in a recreation of GTA San Andreas?

Castamere

Oct 26, 2017
Soooo. Think this got delayed with Gta Online, or is IGN full of fud?

Sorry if this is considered spam, I felt like this warrants more discussion after the Gta Online delay.