biglo25

Apr 28, 2020
i wonder will there be cheats for the game like they were in their previous incarnation because they were fun to use

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
For fans who are more interested in other classic Rockstar games getting remastered and rereleased, sources tell me that Rockstar has plans to develop new ports of games like Red Dead Redemption. But the future of these remastered games depends on how well these initial re-releases sell.

MY GOD IN HEAVEN

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
So what's the licensed music going to be like? Are they going to get as much of the music from the original releases back as possible?

Zalman

Oct 25, 2017
Digital-only would be disappointing. A collection like this should get the full release treatment.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
get the f out......

This has instantly become my most awaited release this year.

I didn't think I'd ever beat GTA:SA again, but if this is true, then I absolutely will.

But what about the music? That is the most important question. Without the original music I'm not interested.

Yep, great point. Playing GTA:SA and VC is a shell of what it was at release because of the music licensing issues.

Sep 29, 2020
If they look and play like early 2000s GTA count me out. Can't stand the on foot gameplay in those games (or more precisely the gun play).
if it's closer to at least IV I'm in but "modded versions" doesn't instill much hope in me.

Hint

Apr 9, 2018
I'm pretty excited for this! I replayed Vice City about 5 years ago and had a great time and I was thinking of doing III soon on the PS4 but I'll hold on that now. Plus, I've never played San Andreas so I'm looking forward to going through that one!

Uzupedro

Banned
May 16, 2020
Rio de Janeiro
I'm really curious to see how this shit will look, not expecting a mindblowing upgrade but the engine change implies in at least a significant improvement.

Dec 6, 2017
US
I'd love to replay Vice City with update shooting mechanics and shit. A change in engine seems pretty big so I wonder if changes like that aren't out of the question then.

There will be content changes to suit modern audience
OP
OP
modiz

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
www.gematsu.com

Rumor: Grand Theft Auto III, Vice City, and San Andreas remakes in development for consoles, PC, and mobile

Rockstar Games is developing remakes of Grand Theft Auto III, Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, and Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas for PlayStation 5, Xbox Series, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Switch, PC, Sta…

Gematsu corroborates, also reports that there will be changes in content:
Gematsu has heard that there will be some content changes to make the games more suitable for modern audiences.

Jarmel

The Jackrabbit Always Wins
Oct 25, 2017
New York
They were going to do an engine switch, which is not a light endeavor, on 3 major games and just do this as a sort of package bundle for free?

dreamfall

Oct 25, 2017
In my veins! Give me a new targeting system for shooting with better mechanics and you've got the greatest collection ever - I am so excited!

Oct 29, 2017
Remastered on unreal when RAGE is much better suited for them? Doubt.

Also RDR too, this whole thing feels way too good to be true.

I'm fine if I can play GTAV above 1080p on a console this year.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
www.gematsu.com

Rumor: Grand Theft Auto III, Vice City, and San Andreas remakes in development for consoles, PC, and mobile

Rockstar Games is developing remakes of Grand Theft Auto III, Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, and Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas for PlayStation 5, Xbox Series, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Switch, PC, Sta…

Gonna hope that's specifically about the shooting controls.

Oct 27, 2017
They could re-acquire the rights for these remasters though. Renewing for the mobile ports does not make sense but having complete soundtrack in the new remasters does.
That is possible but I wouldn't expect it.

I mean GTA5 is supposedly losing songs in the next gen version. Rockstar wouldn't mind cutting them out if they are too expansive (which I would argue are for the GTA3 era radio stations as they had some really big songs).

Oct 27, 2017
www.gematsu.com

Betting 99% of those will be licensed music related ;_;

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
www.gematsu.com

They will remove RC helicopter mission from Vice City and RC plane mission from San Andreas aren't they? Kids these days would never stick to those games to finish those missions XD

Eoin

Oct 27, 2017
They could re-acquire the rights for these remasters though. Renewing for the mobile ports does not make sense but having complete soundtrack in the new remasters does.
They could, but they've kept broadly the same reduced soundtrack for these games through releases on mobile, Xbox 360, PS3, PS4 and PC. Some of those have been moderately big releases - the games are each million-plus sellers on Android, for example. Although they could try to renew licensing for the tracks that are missing on these new releases, I think the most probable outcome is that they have a soundtrack that's close to (or identical to) the existing versions.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
music is whatever for me

Just make a great remake, release it on PC, and we'll have a patch that restores all the original music in exactly 2 hours

Serious Sam

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
For people mentioning RDR - you can already play it in full 4K, 4xMSAA, 16xAF on Xbox Series X. It looks and plays brilliant. Remaster really isn't necessary.

Addleburg

The Fallen
Nov 16, 2017
sigh...

... I'll probably buy this like the rube I am. Loved GTA3 and San Andreas back in the day. Liked Vice City. Hoping most, if not all, of the music remains in tact. Loved listening to MSX in GTA3.