• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

flkRaven

Oct 25, 2017
Exclusive content seems so mean spirited and arbitrary. Like, either fund a large chunk of the game for full exclusivity (even if temporary) or don't at all.

sam777

Oct 27, 2017
They can keep their hats and guns, I know I will be playing the best looking version on the One X ;)

Deleted member 15538

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Reminds me of having to wait for Cod mappacks last gen, it's annoying as fuck. I suspect it will be online updates but that would be kinda huge looking at the wonderful and frequent support they provided for GTAO.

edit: And the GTA4 SP expansions offcourse but that's not longer happening, Online is the focus. You see it already as they mention Story mode as something separate.

Cels

Oct 26, 2017
the only time i'm ok with this kind of stuff is if there's some minor thing like a platform mascot or something. like shovel knight on PS has kratos in it, stuff like that.

ThereAre4Lights

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The online stuff doesn't matter to me, I'm playing mostly for the single player. I'm going to get whichever version runs the best, so probably the XB1X.

Rainemane

Oct 27, 2017
Idk why Sony feels the need to this with their install base. It's going to sell more on PS4 anyway.

Ralemont

Jan 3, 2018
"Earn select online content first" sounds pretty marginal and I hope it stays that way. Waiting 6 months for Dragon Age: Inquisition's first single player DLC was not fun as a Sony player, and I'm sure Destiny Xboxers felt the same way about the Strike.

Vinc

Oct 25, 2017
This has been known since... probably around the game's initial announcement in March of last year?

Doomguy Fieri

Nov 3, 2017
User warned for platform wars rhetoric ("Xbots")
This has to be the easiest call any publisher makes. There are 4x as many PS4s as Xbox Ones. Sony already has dominant market share, and is willing to pay millions to incentivize the port of the game that is already going to be the best selling by a huge margin? It would be foolish to say no. Absolute worse case scenario is the fraction of consumers that chose the xbox as their exclusive console platform boycott RDR2, and that ain't happening. Realistically, maybe a few thousand hardcore Xbots pass on RDR2 out of principal, no impact to total units sold, and Sony deposits a few extra millions in the THQ slush fund.

Smokey_Run

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
People are surprised when a company likely gives another company millions of dollars to co-market something and they get something in return.

Liliana

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
NYC
I know it's been said a lot, but I have to echo it. This moneyhat shit is disgusting. They get away with so much bullshit like Destiny, too.

thevid

Puzzle Master
Oct 25, 2017
Exclusive content seems so mean spirited and arbitrary. Like, either fund a large chunk of the game for full exclusivity (even if temporary) or don't at all.

You would rather see RDR2 be a locked console exclusive like Street Fighter V than have it on Xbox with some delayed content?

Oct 27, 2017
Exclusivity deals don't actually bother me that much, especially if it's for online content that I won't even touch. As long as the core game is the same between platforms, I'm good. An extra mission or weapon or whatever isn't all that much in the grand scheme of things, imo.

get2sammyb

Editor at Push Square
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
UK
Oh come on guys, it's going to be a fucking hat or something. I'm 99.9% certain no one will give a shit when it's revealed what the actual in-game item is. It's literally going to be nothing.

flkRaven

Oct 25, 2017
That's even worse the fuck.

You would rather see RDR2 be a locked console exclusive like Street Fighter V than have it on Xbox with some delayed content?

It makes much more sense when a game is funded directly by the platform holder and results in exclusivity (ie. see something like Titanfall). When a game is already made, content and all, and then money exchanges hands simply to not release the content on 1 platform, that is a big difference imo.

Booker.DeWitt

Oct 25, 2017
I have a ps4 pro and a xbox one X, and decided to get a xbox one copy because of the X. the improved performance and graphics are worth it in my opinion.

Ethan Hutn

Banned
Jan 20, 2018
If this is true, I hope Microsoft moneyhats three or four big releases to be on their own platform only.

Xaero Gravity

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I hate when this shit shit happens, especially if it's handled the way it is with Destiny. Anyone buying it on the Xbox One is still paying the same amount of money for less overall content.

Feb 8, 2018
Microsoft has pulled its own "timed exclusivity" nonsense for Dragon Age: Inquisition as well as other big multi-platform games—also including Call of Duty—over the past decade.

I'm on PS4 but the article writer couldn't have put it better.