Kingpin Rogers

HILF
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think Kyle had great chemistry with everyone honestly. My favourite streams were always the ones where it was just Kyle and someone else. The Lttp and SM64 streams with Damiani and Kyle were great and anything with Kyle and Brandon were also fantastic. Such a shame we're never gonna get more of those.

Wireframe

Oct 28, 2017
UK
I can see where he's coming from. Dude is probably having something of a mid-life crisis and would like to find his calling in life it sounds like. Especially if he's equating the gaming thing to junk food. I wish him all the best.

Vinc

Oct 25, 2017
I hope at some point, he decides to stream irregularly just for fun. It's just hard, he certainly doesn't owe us anything at all, so I hope this isn't coming off that way. I'll just miss his shenanigans. He got me through so much stuff over the years.

Moriko

May 17, 2018
NYC
Wish Kyle all the best, his content contribution to EZA and presence will be hugely missed. The only reason I am still Patreon is because of him and Don and shows they produce. I thought with new studio things would change but its all about streaming games these days.

justiceiro

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I guess I understand, his best output remains being at final boss man, and his later endeavors sadly didn't stuck for too long.

But to be honest, I see him coming back in less than a year.

Feb 16, 2018
This hurts as Kyle makes me smile and laugh so much but I wish him the best of luck for whatever is next. Hopefully the EZA crew can keep the great content up but there is no replacement for Kyle.

Sandcrawler

Oct 27, 2017
I'm pretty shocked to hear this, but I hope he finds his Main Thing. Like many others in here, the Final Bosman was the thing that got me into this group and for that I'm forever grateful. It will be different without him, but EZA is a talented bunch of pretty different personalities and I have full faith that they will continue to put out varied and entertaining stuff. I've got to give a shoutout to Mysterious Monsters for being something I look forward to every month.

Thanks for the laughs, for staying true to yourself, and I wish the best of luck to you, Kyle.

Engin

Oct 25, 2017
I wish all the best for him... he was the reason i got a patreon for e-a from day one.

ryushe

Oct 27, 2017
I don't watch much EZA stuff anymore (this is not a comment on their quality, I've just been very busy lately) but I still love what they do, the team and pretty much any and everything Kyle related. I was super bummed to hear the news, but then when reading his announcement, this segment stuck out to me:

"[...] but to be honest with you I'm terrified of not knowing what's next, and that's sort of the point.
My fear is that your fear is that I'll just go do what I'm doing now somewhere else. That's not what I'm looking for. I'm looking for my life's Main Thing, something that demands my full potential and potentially fully failing at it. Currently I feel like I'm eating french fries every day. I love french fries, I will always eat french fries, but I'm coming to realize I have to eat more than french fries.
"

Man, that right there hit me. As someone who has just found my "Main Thing", after working at a place that, while I didn't hate, didn't fill me with the growth or passion I know is possible elsewhere, it cannot be stated just how important finding that Thing is. Whatever that Thing is.

So, while this news is a bummer, I'm also happy that you're leaving to find what you truly want and I sincerely hope you find a suitable replacement for the french fries you love so much, even if it is at the cost of me not being able to see or hear you eat said french fries ever again.

.... OK, this got a little weird.

Zukuu

Oct 30, 2017
I don't think he leaves to be creatively active. I mean, he had nigh unlimited potential to do everything within easy allies, so it's either a budget thing or he just doesn't want to do anything creative.

Nakenorm

"This guy are sick"
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
EZA is such a fuckin perfect crew, but we survived loosing Elyse and Matt Blair so we'll survive this. Hey, Damiani was even gone for awhile! Just hope he'll be able to guest at some point.

TheIlliterati

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
That's a loss. Isn't this about the worst time to quit your job of sitting in a room playing video games to no known postion? Streamers are about the only market that could be unaffected.

Vinc

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think he leaves to be creatively active. I mean, he had nigh unlimited potential to do everything within easy allies, so it's either a budget thing or he just doesn't want to do anything creative.

I think he's definitely expressed wanting to do creative things. He wants to make a game one day. I think he just wants to do something more... I guess challenging than what could be perceived as goofing off on camera. He put it pretty well on patreon, said he felt like he was eating french fries every day, and that while he loves them, he needs to eat his veggies too now. I can so very much relate to that. But man, his french fries were turning into my veggies.

Tregard

Oct 27, 2017
I think he's definitely expressed wanting to do creative things. He wants to make a game one day. I think he just wants to do something more... I guess challenging than what could be perceived as goofing off on camera. He put it pretty well on patreon, said he felt like he was eating french fries every day, and that while he loves them, he needs to eat his veggies too now. I can so very much relate to that. But man, his french fries were turning into my veggies.

Vegetables taste bad.

Vegetables taste bad.

People say they're good for you, and I guess that's true, but I'm getting by without them and I think that's kinda sad.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
This is really sad. Bosman was one of the best parts of EZA, moderating the podcast like a pro, all the silly games he would come up with, the lore, the bits, the bets. His solo streams were always incredible, I loved the early days of Bosman vs. Wozniak, just watcing him play Tetris at night for hours, and later on I loved just finding Bosman randomly streaming some game at night sometimes, it was always the best vibes. I'll miss so many things about him at EZA, and his banter with the other Allies, he and Huber were like peanut butter and jelly, the betting specials will never be the same.

He's just such an incredibly funny and creative guy, he's come up with some absolutely genius ideas, Box Peek for crying out loud, and I'm sure whatever his "Main Thing" ends up being he'll give 110% and make it the best it can possibly be. I wish him the best of luck in finding what he wants to do in the future and I hope it brings him happiness.

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Definitely understand wanting to grow and move on to your 'main thing' in life, but interesting that he's leaving before having that next step in place. I'd generally not consider that wise but each his own. Best of luck to him!

Shryke

Oct 26, 2017
Damn... end of an Era. 2020 continues to go downhill. Best luck to him and his future projects.

Dragun

Oct 30, 2017
Man, that's a real bummer on top of all the bad news since 2020, But I definitely understand it. Sometimes, You just don't want to keep eating the same fries forever.

So I'm super thankful for all content Kyle has provided on GT & EZA throughout the years especially the Betting Specials, Weekly Podcasts, & Fiasconauts. Dude has no doubt helped keep me through the days so I hope he doesn't totally disappear from us & randomly appears from time to time, but here's Wishin him all the best.

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017

I refuse to believe that he will ever eat his veggies.

DjDeathCool

Oct 28, 2017
Bismarck, ND
I guess I understand, his best output remains being at final boss man, and his later endeavors sadly didn't stuck for too long.

But to be honest, I see him coming back in less than a year.
What? He did a full original animated series and made a complete Gameboy game since then but the best thing he's ever done is his very first? I say not.

Also, your putting your chips on him failing and coming back? That's a really shitty opinion.

Jroc

Jun 9, 2018
Just saw on their Patreon that they only make $42k a month. I remember I post on reddit that he made a few years back were he said that even if they made $60k that he'd still be earning less than what he was at GT. Kinda of makes sense him moving on, probably thought EZA would really kick on after they moved into their studio but doesn't seem to have materialised and it'll likely only ever be a core group of dedicated fans rather than a big mainstream thing.

I think it's a combination of this and the fact that he has more star power than the rest of the EZA crew. Brandon Jones is the other member with a bit of an x-factor, but Gametrailers was already his big "main focus" life pursuit so at this point he's probably fine with the direction of EZA.

Giantbomb selling themselves to CBS was a smart call even though it sort of went against their independent history. It's one thing to run a small site or host a podcast when you're in your early 20s, but once you start to approach your late 30s you start to worry about long-term financial security.

Oct 25, 2017
Definitely understand wanting to grow and move on to your 'main thing' in life, but interesting that he's leaving before having that next step in place. I'd generally not consider that wise but each his own. Best of luck to him!

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if he was doing this so that he intentionally throws himself into the deep end.

Maybe he's wanted to make a move like this for a while but has been scared.

So he said fuck it, quit eza and moving out of LA, and now its sink or swim time.

rochellepaws

Oct 25, 2017
Ireland
It's really sad news and a big loss for Easy Allies but completely understandable reasoning and I hope he finds something that inspires him!

I'd also really like to commend his farewell message. Those things are usually overly refined, vague and a bit corporate but this seems really sincere and respectful to the community.

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
For me personally yes, GT and eventually EZA helped me get through depression and a period in my life where I thought suicide was the only option, I found the final bossman and the GT podcast were the only times I felt I had someone and something I could relate to and it played a role in getting better, Kyle and the rest of the guys without realizing it helped save my life, so yes I'm serious.