hussien-11

Oct 27, 2017
Jordan
I'm very sad but i think this incident will change this whole industry in Japan. they will have better security and death threats will be taken more seriously.

Heromanz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wait a minute here, there were no emergency exits in these buildings. What in the world. And these buildings aren't that old. What the fuck is this?

Oct 25, 2017
This is horrifying. At this point it doesn't even matter if the perp was a disgruntled fan or unhappy employee, so many people are dead. And for what?

Qudi

Jul 26, 2018
I started crying. All of this is just horrible. I hope that this can be prevented in the future with better security. I also hope they accepte the donations.

Static

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Senseless. Just fucking senseless. What a tragedy.

How many lives were ended or ruined? And for what? Makes me feel hollow.

Daphne

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
This is so horrific, I don't even know what to say. My thoughts are with those who have perished and those who were injured, and all of their loved ones. This is a crime that is difficult to understand given its deep and fundamental cruelty and evil. How could someone do this? Yet we know humanity can. It's heartbreaking. All I can think to do is acknowledge the sheer tragedy that just occurred.

Clov

Oct 25, 2017

It just keeps getting worse...

This man's work is pretty much what got me into watching anime in the first place. His work on Hyouka made the series stand out as one of KyoAni's finest. It's so tragic that such a talented director had to go like this.

RIP to him, and all the other victims of this senseless murder.

Edit: Just saw that he's still unaccounted for. I hope that he's safe.

peyrin

Oct 27, 2017
California

P-Bo

One Winged Slayer
Jun 17, 2019
I feel so empty. What was the point of this? So many talented lives lost for nothing.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Jfc, you scared the shit out of me with that Takemoto stuff. I really hope he's okay... Fumoffu and Hyouka have brought me a ton of joy over the years, not to mention his Nichijou episodes.

Mark H

Oct 27, 2017
25 dead and it'll likely increase...
Man this is heartbreaking, especially with all the talents lost.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
i will wait on sourcing, i don't know that source

Deleted member 5596

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is so fucked up and sad. Not much else to say for now that hoping that the death count doesn't keep increasing.

My condolences to the families.

Komo

Info Analyst
Verified
Jan 3, 2019
This is legit fucked up. I just don't understand what would drive someone to do something this horrific.

peyrin

Oct 27, 2017
California
Pretty sure it's not. It's the twitter of some poetry society in Sendai with 71 tweets made 3 months ago?

yeah, upon closer inspection and consulting with some TL, it looks like it's just saying that he hasn't been confirmed safe, but not confirmed missing either

my heart actually stopped when I saw that, yall please check your sources better

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017

NHK did say knives found near the scene of the crime

また、現場付近にはリュックやガソリンを入れる携行缶、台車、それに包丁数本とハンマーが落ちていたということです。

"Then near the scene of the crime a rucksack and a tin can containing gasoline, a dolly (transport cart) and a number of knives and hammers were found"

Fox318

Oct 25, 2017
I'm speechless.

This is such a huge blow for the artform and this studio actually tried to treat their workers better.

The number of lives lost is incomprehensible.

Fuck