azeke

Oct 30, 2017
Astana, Kazakhstan
I've unlocked final area and Mulbruk outright saying to me that lore and puzzles don't matter from this point on.
Okay one last push.
Aaaand done...

After few attempts at the final boss and dying i just wanted to get it over with and didn't even bother learning the patterns of the last phase.

I just took a fairy, took a bath and a gun and done the deed.

Not as good as 1, but it is still still La-Mulana -- insane lore, insane puzzles, super non-linear map and great bosses.

Moving to Unity engine did more harm than good because outside of superficial effect it doesn't really bring in anything but performance problems...

Dark Lord Footsteps puzzle is fantastic. Brahma's puzzle is stupidly overcomplicated and made more stupid by how useless it's result is. Anubis trials i solved by just mucking around randomly.

My screenshots folder looked like this. Some good memories of working with this folder just like making notes back in the day decrypting the language of La-Mulana 1.

ErichWK

Oct 25, 2017
Sandy Eggo
Izanagi in Takamagahara Shrine tells you how to open the entrance to the Underworld/Eternal Prison. You'll need to have talked to Modgud in Icefire Treetop and gotten permission for an audience with Hel otherwise Izanagi won't talk to you. Depending on where you enter the Corridor of Blood, make sure to turn it so that it points to the Eternal Prison.

OK1l9pZ.jpg
Holy shit thank you this solved my problem..now.. what the fuck is this nightmare?! This place is insane

OP
OP
1upsuper

1upsuper

Jan 30, 2018
La Mulana 2 OST steam keys are available if you backed it.
Finally!
La-Mulana 2 console physical edition confirmed for the West. However which console versions will be getting a physical edition is unconfirmed.

https://gematsu.com/2018/09/la-mulana-2-for-consoles-physical-edition-announced#disqus_thread
I'm already getting boxed copies through the Kickstarter but I'll probably double dip on a physical console release. I do hope they're working on the art books and other backer rewards concurrently though.

ErichWK

Oct 25, 2017
Sandy Eggo
Ain't that true.

"Finally! I have all this lore and secrets to answer the questions to this well-foretold field! I'll bop my way thru this for a couple hours before bed."

*15 minutes of pain later*

"OK! Maybe this weekend when I have time!" lololol

Lol ya i fucking skipped this and went to fight my fifth boss. Which i cheesed super easy. The pyramid place. So i read a faq and saw i can go do some shit in the ice place but fuck..i can't eat to the very western portion. Need to melt that fucking ice

Zetsubou_

Aug 24, 2018
i can't get to the very western portion. Need to melt that fucking ice

There's a tablet in the Hall of Malice that tells you how to melt the ice.
9CCBk6C.jpg

Most people don't scan statues, but I'm sure you'll easily remember who Bergelmir is.

Last edited:

ErichWK

Oct 25, 2017
Sandy Eggo
There's a tablet in the Hall of Malice that tells you how to melt the ice.
9CCBk6C.jpg

Most people don't scan statues, but I'm sure you'll easily remember who Bergelmir is.
Ya but i have no idea how to get to the room to wake him up. :( Unless there is a secret passage i am missing

Zetsubou_

Aug 24, 2018
Unless there is a secret passage i am missing

Funny you should say that...
MF1xHPa.jpg
Push both (the hidden one as well) statues in the left image so that they match the positions of the statues on the right image until you hear your Shell Horn chime telling you you did it correctly.

Last edited:

ErichWK

Oct 25, 2017
Sandy Eggo
Funny you should say that...
MF1xHPa.jpg
Push both (the hidden one as well) statues in the left image so that they match the positions of the statues on the right image until you hear your Shell Horn chime telling you you did it correctly.

Holy shit i was doing a bunch of shit trying to figure this out. If you put those statues under the block it lifts the block up so i thought it had something to do with that but I NEVER would have gotten this in a million years i am so pissed. Haha

nded

Nov 14, 2017
Been playing this on Linux via Proton all week. Just got killed by a chest despite an obvious warning from a nearby skeleton so now I gotta take a break before I crack a molar. Fantastic game.

Deleted member 2620

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This game has been consuming me lately
got bottlenecked not having the Birth seal but I got so fucking happy that I finally found it last night

I'm reeling at how good this is. I hope it gets a ton more attention on console release.

KainXVIII

Oct 26, 2017
Nidhogg supposed to be so hard? I was wiped out very quickly (96hp right now), maybe i need to come later?
What the point of Gale Fibula? Is so frustrating to use..
Also Corridor of Blood in Valhalla - is it just teleport to higher level places? At least i grabbed some money there, i was low on cash and quickly teleported back to village =))

Last edited:

Deleted member 41271

Banned
Mar 21, 2018
Nidhogg is doable at your point, but you can wait until later. He can be nasty.

Glad the game still has people giving it a go. It's just so damn good.

KainXVIII

Oct 26, 2017
Managed to solve this puzzle without lava protection lol (too many health?) But because of white block i still can't get near the chest (glitch?). Oh well, maybe later, when i have this ice cape (?)..

hUwX4uk.jpg

KainXVIII

Oct 26, 2017
So...any hint on Golden Key location? I already got grapple claws..and there is so many levels to explore..

Deleted member 41271

Banned
Mar 21, 2018
Well, you don't tend to find such keys in warm places. :)

Room names can be hints as well. There's not many that reference gold!

More specific:
Frost Giants
More specific:
Look for the room that has gold in the room name. It's an anterior to something. A secret passage will be nearby.

Final hint:
The room isn't visible on the map - so try looking at the right wall.[/spoile]

KainXVIII

Oct 26, 2017
So i'm stumbled again (surprise!)
Dark Star Mausoleum - don't know what to do, i only have 4 footprints (despite what Fobos said, that i have all five), pyramid is closed and i need Crystal and some Tablet, to get Crystal i need to stop time power? Which i can't, because i don't have Cog, but to get Cog i need some Vase which is in Buried Fortress according to tabled. Buried Fortress has some unaccessible sigil for me (even with Feather)
Also i unlocked Abzu whom i can't beat (i think i need power to stop time, according to Glossary)
And i found Fenrir (or something, dragon-like creature whom i can't even scratch in Frost Giants location)
Don't tell me that i need to explore Eternal Prison, this level is HARD (also can't teleport or save)!

Pimienta

Oct 25, 2017
So i'm stumbled again (surprise!)
Dark Star Mausoleum - don't know what to do, i only have 4 footprints (despite what Fobos said, that i have all five), pyramid is closed and i need Crystal and some Tablet, to get Crystal i need to stop time power? Which i can't, because i don't have Cog, but to get Cog i need some Vase which is in Buried Fortress according to tabled. Buried Fortress has some unaccessible sigil for me (even with Feather)
Also i unlocked Abzu whom i can't beat (i think i need power to stop time, according to Glossary)
And i found Fenrir (or something, dragon-like creature whom i can't even scratch in Frost Giants location)
Don't tell me that i need to explore Eternal Prison, this level is HARD (also can't teleport or save)!
The things you need you will find in Eternal Prison.
Hint:
Go to the Eternal Prison, go to the lower left, there's a lava pool in there, dive and enter. This will take you to the other side of the Eternal Prison, there's a Holy Grail Tablet in this area, and some other things you need to get to the Buried Fortress.

Another more specific hint
To reach the tablet you must only 1 gold, no more no less. There's the guy in the ancient chaos that takes all your money so that helps. :)

KainXVIII

Oct 26, 2017
Seems like i missed 1 footprint in Frozen Giants location (silly old me, i searched this location countless times, excluding this particular room lol), time for Mausoleum!

Pimienta

Oct 25, 2017
KainXVIII

There's a person in Heaven's Labyrinth that tells you about it.
In the upper left side of the area is the person, he will talk about his wife Eurydice that loves the song of Paradise, the music of the Eden area. There's program that plays the game music.
The NPC is Orpheus, you need to talk to him so the merchant (Pig Girl) in Icefire Treetop lowers down the price, otherwise she sells it at 2k. After getting the program just simply put Eden music in front the the petrified girl.

KainXVIII

Oct 26, 2017
Pimienta , lowers to 1500, wth (i have 150 gold right now), its cheaper to buy real harp from some guy in Immortal BF.
If they serious about grinding so much money this game can go to the fucking trash bin.

Pimienta

Oct 25, 2017
KainXVIII

I forgot, but you need that Harp to reduce the price. Buy it and take to Orpheus, the Pig Girl will lower it to 50 gold. That said, you will need money at some point for certain treasures and applications, no other way around it.

KainXVIII

Oct 26, 2017
You can get 1000 coins in about ten minutes if you have
money fairy
I have, but with super obtuse fairy spawn mechanics (which you never understand if not reading some faqs) its just bad game design decision (imho)
Also when fairy disappears i need to wait again for it to spawn, too much time wasters in this game..

Last edited:

Pimienta

Oct 25, 2017
I have, but with super obtuse fairy spawn mechanics (which you never understand if not reading some faqs) its just bad game design decision (imho)
Also when fairy disappears i need to wait again for it to spawn, too much time wasters in this game..
Fairies respawns if you save go back to the main menu and enter again.

Pimienta

Oct 25, 2017
Truth!
After getting Vase (at last) things goes much smoother, i started to love this game (again) :D

PS - but still can't figure it out how to open this chest though..
smc2NmM.jpg
There's another hint about this from the Xelpud, but it is kind of absurd so I'll tell you what.

Use bombs below the chest.

KainXVIII

Oct 26, 2017
There's another hint about this from the Xelpud, but it is kind of absurd so I'll tell you what.

Use bombs below the chest.
This opens another chest, but i'm talking about one that was on plain sight in same room with tablet (but still thanks, i've never guessed this myself)
PS - actually i just found another "bomb wall" secret in Eternal prison with key fairy.
PPS - Hall of Malice is supposed to be fucking boss rush without any means of saving/healing/teleporting? =(

Last edited:

Kikirin

Oct 25, 2017
How do i know what inside, if i can't open it?
The hint was: "The contents of the chest go to the one who already holds them high." From this, we can deduce that:

1) it's an item that you can get multiple of, and it's something you need to have at least one of in order to get at the one in the chest; and

2) it's something that can be "held up" by using the item button.

There aren't many things fitting both criteria.

KainXVIII

Oct 26, 2017
I hope these skulls are not crucial for completing LM2, with those vague hints (or lost in translation?) i never gather them all lol

Last edited: