• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Was "shot 4 times" confirmed, btw?

Once is bad enough, ofc, just didn't see a confirmation.

gozu

Oct 27, 2017
America
Lady Gaga not looking great here. Here are the things that went through my mind:

1. Why does she have french bulldogs? That breed shouldn't exist.
They especially have trouble breathing. You need to protect them from heatstroke and if your summers get hot, your home needs to be air-conditioned. Along with respiratory disorders, Frenchies also suffer from spinal disorders, eye diseases, heart disease, and joint diseases.

2. Why aren't the dogs with her in France while she films the movie? France has dog-sitters too. She can afford it. Your dogs will miss you a lot!

3. Offering $500k for the dogs "no questions asked"? Lots of questions should be asked since someone was shot 4 times and is fighting for their life "protecting your family" as you put it. Their life is much more important than that of the stolen dogs...

kalindana

Oct 28, 2018
How's the walker doing? Who's covering their bills?
Expected to make a full recovery:

The family of Ryan Fischer, Lady Gaga's dog walker who was shot earlier this week in Los Angeles, issued a statement saying they expect Fischer to make a full recovery.

"Thankfully, Ryan is receiving extraordinary care in the hospital right now and his doctors expect him to make a full recovery," the Fischer family said in a statement obtained by Rolling Stone. "We cannot possibly say enough to thank all of the first responders, nurses and doctors who have worked so tirelessly to care for Ryan."

In their statement, Fischer's family also thanked Gaga for her support, saying: "Of course, we also want to thank Lady Gaga who has shown nothing but non-stop love and concern for Ryan and our family right from the outset. Ryan loves Gustavo and Koji as much as Lady Gaga does; so we join in her plea for their safe return."

The statement ended: "Thank you very much for your interest and support. At this time we kindly ask that you respect our family's privacy as we are focused on Ryan's recovery."

www.rollingstone.com

Lady Gaga's Dog Walker Expected to Make 'Full Recovery' After Shooting

Ryan Fischer, Lady Gaga's dog walker who was shot while walking her dogs, is expected to make a full recovery, his family said.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Lady Gaga not looking great here. Here are the things that went through my mind:

2. Why aren't the dogs with her in France while she films the movie? France has dog-sitters too. She can afford it. Your dogs will miss you a lot!

3. Offering $500k for the dogs "no questions asked"? Lots of questions should be asked since someone was shot 4 times and is fighting for their life "protecting your family" as you put it. Their life is much more important than that of the stolen dogs...
1. You have no idea about any of the details of any of the above and are making wild assumptions in an accusatory tone.

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Something I have not been able to understand is that people who steal other people's dog's is actually a thing. I had a dog stolen in the past myself. Absolute scummy thing. And actually shooting someone for it is so much worse.

Loud Wrong

Feb 24, 2020
So if this wasn't a ransom ploy, everyone in that area with that breed of dog needs to worry. To be safe, just go get a rescue dog.

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
This is weird. Why would she bring them? She probably doesn't have enough time to give them the proper attention they deserve.

3. Offering $500k for the dogs "no questions asked"? Lots of questions should be asked since someone was shot 4 times and is fighting for their life "protecting your family" as you put it. Their life is much more important than that of the stolen dogs
I agree with this though.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
I Igree with this though.
We have no way of knowing if this was coordinariled with law enforcement, or if she would have told them who the person was, or if she would even have paid it.

This is all assumption atm.

We also have not been in this position, losing beloved pets in such a violent way with the resources she has. We do not know how we would react.

The fact she offers that also, in no way, implies that she thinks this is more imporant than the life of the dog walker.

game-biz

Oct 25, 2017
Smh at the people shitting on lady gaga in this thread. Fucking embarrassing and really gross.

Mengy

Oct 25, 2017
WTF at all the people in this thread victim shaming??!?!

Really????

pmvemcM.gif

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Of course she would offer to pay no questions asked if it meant she could get her dogs back, are people actually serious in this thread?
She should leave it to the police to do the fucking investigating, and someone coming forward with the dogs gives the police more to go on anyway.

Can't believe the people reading this as her not caring? Really damn weird

Y2Kev

Oct 25, 2017

French bulldogs shouldn't fly IMO. The stress can compromise their already challenged respiratory system.

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
We have no way of knowing if this was coordinariled with law enforcement, or if she would have told them who the person was, or if she would even have paid it.

This is all assumption atm.

We also have not been in this position, losing beloved pets in such a violent way with the resources she has. We do not know how we would react.

The fact she offers that also, in no way, implies that she thinks this is more imporant than the life of the dog walker.
You've got a point. I hadn't thought about that

hythloday

Oct 28, 2017
Smh at the people shitting on lady gaga in this thread. Fucking embarrassing and really gross.

No kidding. I'd be upset to the point of barely functioning if I lost my pets. Much less functioning if a trusted friend was almost killed in their theft. Everyone is focusing on the "No questions asked" part. All it meant is she was willing to offer a reward for the return of the dogs. I would be, too.

Lady Gaga, despite her celebrity status and millions, is not qualified to "ask questions" in an attempted-murder investigation. That's the LAPD's job.

Last edited:

hythloday

Oct 28, 2017
French bulldogs shouldn't fly IMO. The stress can compromise their already challenged respiratory system.

She might not be able to fly them to France either. I know some countries require mandatory quarantines if you try to bring animals in, and it may have been kinder to the dogs to leave them in the care of a friend they already know.

Seductivpancakes

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn
Some of ya'll need to go play video games or something instead of coming up with these weird ass speculations and wild accusations lmao.

agiantsheep

Oct 27, 2017
With the amount of reaching going on in here we'll probably end up with posts in a few pages asking why Lady Gaga shot her dogs and kidnapped her dog walker.

Oct 31, 2017
Unknown

She reached out to Gaga's people first. Going to the cops to make the exchange looks good. Had to be nerve wracking.

While I can't say to know her personally, Lady Gaga seems like the type of person that would literally do anything she could for the close personal friend that took a bullet to save her dogs. If she watched that video with audio it had to be heart-wrenching.

For the dognappers it's gotta feel better to have that $500k bounty off. Since it appears they could be making better choices, once Lady Gaga confirms the dogs are ok it would be sensible for them turn themselves in.

MrValtor

Oct 30, 2017
Imagine being too rich to pick up your own dogs that you're willing to put $500k out.

Imagine quarantining on another continent, hours away from your family, friends and home, while preparing to shoot a movie and meanwhile one of your friends who also just happens to be your dog sitter gets shot 4 times in the chest and 2 of your dogs get stolen in the middle of the night, unable to leave due to a global pandemic, travel restrictions and prior contractual obligations.
IMAGINE THAT.

PJV3

Oct 25, 2017
London
Imagine being this salty at someone else's success

I don't think it's being salty(i get she wasn't able to do it as she's working)
i suppose if you have a bit more cash it's easier to imagine having half a million to hand for any type of ransom and be able to get on with the rest of your life. And that's not having a pop at her or her decision.

Last edited:

Loxley

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Man, what a fucking bizarre story. So glad that the dogwalker is going to be okay and that the dogs have been returned unharmed.

Meows

Oct 28, 2017
the victim shaming in this thread is bizarre. glad the dogs were returned safely and that the walker is going to be ok.

Tigress

Oct 25, 2017
Washington
Something I have not been able to understand is that people who steal other people's dog's is actually a thing. I had a dog stolen in the past myself. Absolute scummy thing. And actually shooting someone for it is so much worse.

Apparently before I was born my dad had a dog stolen. From what my mom tells me the thief probably did the dog a favor (they did catch the thief but he had already sold the dog so they didn't get the dog back).

DragonKeeper

Nov 14, 2017
My parents owned a standard sized dachshund who was stolen. Mom put a missing dog ad in the paper and made sure to note how old the dog was (since he looked incredibly good for his advanced age). Dog was returned within a day.

APZonerunner

Features Editor at VG247.com
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
England

Gotta say, there's something especially funny & dumb about citing the breed's respiratory problems (true), then immediately calling the owner irresponsible for not taking the dogs on an 11 hour flight where the thinned air is proved to cause these sorts of breeds major strain. The veterinary advice is not to long-haul fly with breeds like Pugs, French Bulldogs, etc, unless absolutely necessary.

It would've been irresponsible for her to take them - and that's without even considering the general stress that something strange like flying can have on a dog anyway. I'd never fly my dog unless I were actually moving somewhere new that required it.

big_z

Nov 2, 2017
Man I hope these assholes were dumb enough to take direct deposit or some other method that would be easily traceable.

SilentPanda

Nov 6, 2017
Earth
How's the walker doing? Who's covering their bills?

'A Very Close Call with Death': Lady Gaga's Dog Walker Opens Up About Harrowing Shooting, Theft of French Bulldogs

"I am still in recovery from a very close call with death and have kept myself (for the most part, I mean I am human) from the growing media story," he wrote in a twopart statement. "I will write and say more later, but the gratitude for all the love I feel from around this planet is immense and intense. I felt your healing support! Thank you. I am humbled and grateful that attention and focus from the police were enough to get Koji and Gustav back to safety, and I know they are committed to bringing these criminals and attempted murderers to justice."

Fischer voiced thanks to his friends, family, Lady Gaga, his clients, as well as authorities.

"First responders and health care workers: you literally saved my life and helped me take newborn walks," he said. "I can't thank you enough."
As seen on surveillance footage, a white sedan drove up to Fischer's side last Wednesday night as he walked Lady Gaga's three French bulldogs Koji, Gustav, and Asia; two men stepped out of the vehicle and accosted him. Fischer stayed with the dogs during the confrontation, and called out for help. One of the suspects opened fire. The duo stole Koji and Gustav, but Asia was left behind. That left Fischer on the ground with a gunshot wound.

"4 days ago, while a car sped away and blood poured from my gun shot wound, an angel trotted over and laid next to me," Fischer said. "My panicked screams calmed as I looked at her, even though it registered that the blood pooling around her tiny body was my own. I cradled Asia as best I could, thanked her for all the incredible adventures we'd been on together, apologized that I couldn't defend her brothers, and then resolved that I would still try to save them… and myself."

Video showing attack

lawandcrime.com

'A Very Close Call with Death': Lady Gaga's Dog Walker Opens Up About Harrowing Shooting, Theft of French Bulldogs

Ryan Fischer, the dog walker of pop star Lady Gaga, released his first public statement on Monday, mere days after he sustained a gunshot wound while protecting the singer's three bulldogs from thieves.