• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
As someone once said, this sort of privilege is what paves the way for individuals like this to forced into positions of leadership and the Supreme Court.

As someone else jokes, in 20 years, "I like intimidating Native Americans. I still like intimidating Native Americans." And he gets confirmed as the next Supreme Court Justice...

There was indeed more context to the initial video that muddied the waters... but there is clearly more context beyond THAT that clears it right back up again. When you have as big a picture puzzle of racism in American, it pays to look beyond the limited area you're stuck on to get a feel of the much larger picture. There is an abundance of testimony, video, and problematic, documented history here to ensure these kids really shouldn't get the benefit of the doubt or the PR clout to dominate the conversation over the minority they drowned out.

It's almost like it's their tactic for successfully drowning out opposition, and it keeps working in their favor.

Dierce

Oct 27, 2017
I fucking can't....

And they are giving that little shit a platform too! Shameful!

PortlyLazyGoa-size_restricted.gif
This is precisely what the media has been looking for a while now. Something to normalize the MAGA culture by using 'kids' Because how can a group of kids ever be in the wrong?

This is so fucking infuriating and the end result is making hate speech a prejudice a cornerstone of society. It will no longer be about the oppressed but about the oppressor who feels his platform to oppress others isn't large enough. So the media is bending over backwards to give them just that.

Koo

Dec 10, 2017
Ready for this story to go away. It's a complete garbage pile of the right, centrists and "allies" back patting obvious racist teenagers; while simultaneously trying to gaslight everyone else. Remember when the government was shutdown and a million ppl were out of work and/or not getting paid, couldn't pay rent or feed their families? Hello...?

JK-Money

Attempt to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Nice to know that Native Americans like Phillips and myself still don't mean shit in the eyes of this country.

Phillips is a better man than me. I wouldn't put my life on the line for this place, not with that orange dog turd in the WH.
I'm sorry that native American and Indigenous people in Canada are still treated like shit, we need to do better for your people.

Oct 25, 2017
Ugh...

You know what the best way to deal with this mess would of been?

They all go to a Catholic High School right? The solution could of been simple.

Call up the priest or even the bishop of their local diocese and raise fucking hell. Maybe even give the cardinal who oversees said diocese a call and raise fucking hell about how much of little shits these kids were. I can almost guarantee these kids would of been made to fly home immediately, given a royal verbal ass reaming by some fairly intimidating and quite liberal church leadership officials, and probably would be considered for expulsion if not for some major penance in the form of repeating an entire year of high school. Maybe even endless lectures by a diverse mix of priests from the surrounding area that probably were given an overseas church assignment at some point (and have experience with diverse populations they can talk about). Maybe even tag on a 20-30 page capstone-style project as a condition of their graduation. Maybe even invite the native American dude down to lecture.

They are stupid kids that like to troll and will say any random shit to get a reaction. So treat them as such.

Make the little bastards learn. LEARN THEM
Hey, so about that Diocese. They were ordered to pay out 120 million in child molestation damages. The largest ever settlement, at the time.

Jombie

Oct 27, 2017
Leftist internet mob, as opposed to real MAGA mobs who harass old Native American war vets. Disgusting people and I wish there was a hell for them all to rot in.

EdibleKnife

Oct 29, 2017
This is America. Bullies and bigots get famous while the marginalized are ignored by their supposed allies and vilified by their oppressors.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Once again compare the treatment of these kids by Ingrham to the treatment of the Parkland Survivors.

Fuck off.

EdibleKnife

Oct 29, 2017

Baji Boxer

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Ugh...

You know what the best way to deal with this mess would of been?

They all go to a Catholic High School right? The solution could of been simple.

Call up the priest or even the bishop of their local diocese and raise fucking hell. Maybe even give the cardinal who oversees said diocese a call and raise fucking hell about how much of little shits these kids were. I can almost guarantee these kids would of been made to fly home immediately, given a royal verbal ass reaming by some fairly intimidating and quite liberal church leadership officials, and probably would be considered for expulsion if not for some major penance in the form of repeating an entire year of high school. Maybe even endless lectures by a diverse mix of priests from the surrounding area that probably were given an overseas church assignment at some point (and have experience with diverse populations they can talk about). Maybe even tag on a 20-30 page capstone-style project as a condition of their graduation. Maybe even invite the native American dude down to lecture.

They are stupid kids that like to troll and will say any random shit to get a reaction. So treat them as such.

Make the little bastards learn. LEARN THEM
Covington Diocese has big problems like a sex abuse scandal involving 19 priests.
I don't think they'll care that much.

Edit: I see it was addressed already further up thread.

Christian

Oct 25, 2017
So, can someone give a quick breakdown about what the fuck is happening? I saw the original story, kids that want to that anti-women, anti-choice march shouting racist crap at a Native American veteran while wearing Trump gear, then I saw that the one main kid released a bullshit statement excusing his behavior, saying they were provoked by the silent, drum-playing man. I also saw some crap about people like Jamie Lee Curtis absolving the kids because of additional videos, but it seems kinda hard to excuse the behavior, regardless of the actions of a lone, silent man. Now they're on the Today Show and possibly going to the White House? How are they possibly trying to portray these kids as sympathetic? Did I miss something that even obscures the truth, because it seems really cut and dry???

Baji Boxer

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
So, can someone give a quick breakdown about what the fuck is happening? I saw the original story, kids that want to that anti-women, anti-choice march shouting racist crap at a Native American veteran while wearing Trump gear, then I saw that the one main kid released a bullshit statement excusing his behavior, saying they were provoked by the silent, drum-playing man. I also saw some crap about people like Jamie Lee Curtis absolving the kids because of additional videos, but it seems kinda hard to excuse the behavior, regardless of the actions of a lone, silent man. Now they're on the Today Show and possibly going to the White House? How are they possibly trying to portray these kids as sympathetic? Did I miss something that even obscures the truth, because it seems really cut and dry???
You've got most of it. The parts you missed was extra footage showing the main confrontation was originally involving a hate group called the "Black Hebrew Israelis" yelling at the kids. Why that changes the whole narrative, or presents an "other side" to the highschoolers being racist towards Elder Phillips, your guess is as good as mine.

Also a woman posted a short clip of the group yelling and harrassing her earlier.

Now the kid is basically stealing Elder Phillips' narrative claiming he was trying to intervene.

And it came out recently that the disimenation of the vid was part of a likely Russian troll campaign.

TokyoJoe

Oct 28, 2017
All it takes is for you to be a shitty human being and you get an invite. Just look at Kanye.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
White privlege. White privilege. White privilege. If this whole shitshow turns out to be true, then goddamn they aren't even trying to hide their BS.

Deleted member 9305

Oct 26, 2017
One of these kids is coming a future Brett Kavanaugh, mark my words.