• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ketkat

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You are wrong. Dead wrong.

Care to explain how? If you find a person attractive and the SOLE factor that makes you unattracted to them is them being trans, how is that not transphobic? Because I'm trans, and I feel that it is. As do many other trans people that I know. What reasoning do you have that beats all of us out?

Hat22

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Canada
Care to explain how? If you find a person attractive and the SOLE factor that makes you unattracted to them is them being trans, how is that not transphobic? Because I'm trans, and I feel that it is. As do many other trans people that I know. What reasoning do you have that beats all of us out?

Should preferences be considered bigotry? That sets a really strange precedent.

I don't think it'd be fair to call a heterosexual person a homophobe for not wanting to have sex with the same sex. I've seen that argument and I've always wondered if they were joking.

TinfoilHatsROn

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
You're probably right but that's certainly not going to change my dating preferences. No one is entitled to someone dating them.

And I do see them as men I just don't want to date them because of an issue on my part. The issue is mine and I readily admit that but I'm entitled to choose not to date anyone I want.

How is a consensual sexual relationship reducing someone to a sex toy? Also not dating someone doesn't mean no relationship at all it just means I wouldn't date them.

True enough.

If that's found to be a bannable offense I clearly don't belong here so there'd be no harm done.
I feel like you don't? Sure you're free to date who you want, literally no one will stop you. But you won't date someone because he is a transman, which is a core part of his identity.

You reduce him to a 'sextoy' because you would have sex with a transman because of his dick (or vice versa for others) but not date them because they are transmen. And this applies to all transmen.

As long as you're upfront about not dating them I guess...

Ketkat

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I don't think it'd be fair to call a heterosexual person a homophobe for not wanting to have sex with the same sex. I've seen that argument and I've always wondered if they were joking.

How is a straight man not wanting to sleep with a gay man comparable at all in this situation that involves a man and a woman?

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017

Trans and Gay are not comparable. We've established this prior

FeistyBoots

Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
Ok cool. You can call me out all you like but you're wrong.

The effect of an ingrained biological and evolutionary imperative on a person's sexual identity and attraction is not something they can control and absolutely does not make them transphobic.

Sexuality is rather complex. A potential mate's status as transgender may matter a lot to one person, a little to the next, and zero to the next. That doesn't necessarily make any of those people more or less tolerant or prejudiced.

If you're going to throw around such accusations it would really behoove you to do some reading on the topic.

Telling trans people to read up, fucking lol

The *reason* for the sudden change in attraction is why it's transphobic.

Ketkat

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They are? The core of it is what a person personally finds attractive.

Not wanting to date somebody is not causing harm or a form of hatred.

You responded to a post about me saying that someone's entire reason for not finding someone attractive that they once found attractive is them being trans. You compared that to a straight guy not wanting to date a gay guy. How is that in any way in good faith?

Rayne

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like you don't? Sure you're free to date who you want, literally no one will stop you. But you won't date someone because he is a transman, which is a core part of his identity.

You reduce him to a 'sextoy' because you would have sex with a transman because of his dick (or vice versa for others) but not date them because they are transmen. And this applies to all transmen.

As long as you're upfront about not dating them I guess...

Is it really a sextoy when it's two consenting adults knowing where the stakes are? Because that's just odd to me. I don't see how consensual casual sex is a sextoy.

Yes I have issues with people who string anyone along for sex while not being upfront about no dating. It's a shitty thing to do.(Also it backfires so often it's not worth it).

They weren't born a woman. They were assigned that gender at birth.

That's true but that block is just there for me.

So you see them as men and will sleep with them, but them having transitioned is too much for you to date them? I don't understand how them being trans isn't the large factor in why you won't date them.

But again, this is a large problem that the entire trans community is facing. I really don't like you and others coming in here and saying "But this happens to everyone!" when it doesn't on nearly the same scale.

That's fair. That said how common is the whole sleep with won't date thing as a group?

FeistyBoots

Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
Is it really a sextoy when it's two consenting adults knowing where the stakes are? Because that's just odd to me. I don't see how consensual casual sex is a sextoy.

Yes I have issues with people who string anyone along for sex while not being upfront about no dating. It's a shitty thing to do.

That's true but that block is just there for me.

That's fair. That said how common is the whole sleep with won't date thing as a group?

You should really examine why you have that block. Could be very enlightening for you.

Hat22

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Canada
You responded to a post about me saying that someone's entire reason for not finding someone attractive that they once found attractive is them being trans. You compared that to a straight guy not wanting to date a gay guy. How is that in any way in good faith?

Perhaps I have a warped view on this but I see these both as preferences. At the end of the day, that's what it amounts to.

Keep it to yourself.

Millions of ways to not date trans people without openly announcing here or anywhere that you won't

I'm not familiar with the dating scene but why should somebody keep it to themselves on a dating app? It saves the time of both trans people and keeps trans people away from people they may consider bigots.

Rayne

Oct 25, 2017
You should really examine why you have that block. Could be very enlightening for you.

I already know why but I know I have never treated anyone without the respect they've given me so I have no reason to change my personal preferences for who I date and neither would I ever believe anyone should change theirs because I don't agree with it.

Plus if anything they dodged a bullet with my crazy ass.

Jaffo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Rome, Italy
you just fuck who you wanna just fuck.

You date who you wanna date.

I'ts nothing new and it's for sure not exclusively in regards to trans people lol.

I have my "just fuck" types and my "try to date" types. You know, like actual ordinary people

You're neither? then feel free to stfu

Hecht

Blue light comes around
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
All right, clearly this isn't going to get back on topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.