• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Bit of a heartbreaking sequel to the "Embracer kills another studio" thread about Free Radical. These were posted in that thread, without comment, and really deserve to be seen. It looks absolutely fantastic and so inspired.
carl-packer-03-brutalist-level.png

will-brown-wb-env-04j.jpg

carl-packer-western-07.jpg

carl-packer-western-04.jpg

carl-packer-western-02.jpg

elmo-la-mantia-highresscreenshot01135.jpg

elmo-la-mantia-highresscreenshot01115reduc.jpg

elmo-la-mantia-highresscreenshot01915.jpg

elmo-la-mantia-highresscreenshot01916.jpg

johnny-patroklou-neowars-thetowernight.jpg

simon-lloyd-rogers-slide-22.jpg

mark-normington-old-shotgun.jpg

mark-normington-all.jpg
Fuck Embracer.

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
Fuuuck this hurts. This looks amazing.

We won't even get a remastered Timesplitters Trilogy at this point. This is a damn tragedy.

Rassilon

Oct 27, 2017
UK
free radical just couldn't catch a break

never forget their canclled Star Wars Battlefront 3 (playable as the PSP port 'Elite Squadron')

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
Right? They kill off the team and then sit on IP they'll do nothing with like a dragon.

Seriously. I don't understand this. You own the IP....but kill off the studio making an amazing new entry for the IP, and now won't do anything with the IP.

What do they gain by sitting on a 20 year old IP and not doing anything with it? They could have sold Free Radical and IP to another publisher and made a bunch of money.

It's like owning a car that you never drive, use, or allow other people to drive - and you refuse to sell it. It just sits there in the parking lot untouched.

mrbogus

Jul 14, 2019
Strange business plan Embracer has. Buy up everything to use as hostages, quickly try to get a buyer and cash out, and shoot the hostages when that buyout doesn't happen.

speedwagen

Oct 27, 2017
UK, London
Please. Someone. Somewhere. Do us a favour and bring this back. This looks like the perfect art direction for a new times splitters game. I'm so utterly beyond disappointed. Is there a change.org or anything that can be done?

DarkSora

ā–² Legend ā–²
Oct 28, 2017
Are you fucking kidding me. These look absolutely amazing.

And it looks like they were remaking 2 and future perfect?

FUCK embracer man....

Blue_Toad507

May 25, 2021
The art looks very cool. A shame, but I take solace in that Future Perfect was a great send off for the trilogy if nothing else.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
Damn, Police Zombie being there is cool...
He was one of the cooler characters from the original who never showed up again. I was hoping they were gonna show some love for that game, and looks like they were.

tapedeck

Oct 28, 2017
Looks exactly like what I'd want from an all new Timesplitters.

So of course it got canned.

Ginger Hail

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Such a wasted opportunity to re-establish Free Radical only to pull the rug out from under them before they can even release something.