• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Chairmanchuck (另一个我)

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
China
unknown.png

Man. That sucks. 4theplayers.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Baffling why an offline single player game would be affected by this

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
Dont worry, refund it and you can just buy it from another store....oh wait.

Edit: Online required games are evil. Its a SP game, why bother?

Starlightmuse

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 27, 2017
Fuck needing online servers to play offline games. This has been proven to only impact legitimate buyers over and over again.

OP
OP
Chairmanchuck (另一个我)

Chairmanchuck (另一个我)

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
China

Dalik

Nov 1, 2017
love EGS defenders completely missing the point. Let me help you out, if steam servers are down you can still play single player games you bought.

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
AWS is preventing access to a single-player offline game?
is this a meme? aws dashboard shows all green right now

Once again, AWS is having problems, and once again, Era pounces on EGS as if that's the only site affected.

www.theverge.com

Amazon’s AWS logs third outage this month, affecting Slack, Epic Games Store, Asana and more

Hours later, Amazon is still working on a full restoration

ramoisdead

Oct 25, 2017
Oh man, what a cool launcher. Can't play my offline single players game that one purchases if the launcher is down but hey, what gets me through the day is those publishers getting that 88%.

GhostTrick

Oct 25, 2017
To the people saying "AWS is down". Who the hell thought having your library tied to the servers being up was a good idea ?

TeenageFBI

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
LOL @ the people giving web outages as an excuse. Should not matter at all for a game like this, or for EGS for that matter. If the game is already installed, it should be playable no matter what.

Spoom

Oct 29, 2017
you know.. there has been a lot of negative comments on this PC port. and personally? i've been enjoying it so much and haven't had any problems.

until my internet went out yesterday and i wanted to just game final fantasy 7 but literally couldn't.

shit like this is why the xbone had such a bad launch because they were going to force gamers to always be online to game. how is this still a thing?

tandeciarz

Apr 21, 2020
It's a terrible port anyway - so we're locking a game down behind DRM and a variety of online checks to prevent piracy - but who would buy a product that isn't working as it should? Seems like we've got our priorities backwards here.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Once again, AWS is having problems, and once again, Era pounces on EGS as if that's the only site affected.

www.theverge.com

Amazon’s AWS logs third outage this month, affecting Slack, Epic Games Store, Asana and more

Hours later, Amazon is still working on a full restoration
Nobody's saying it's the only service affected. People are saying it's pretty damn lame that you have to be connected online in order to play a single player RPG, which is a problem with Epic.

Mass Effect

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017

Menchin

Apr 1, 2019
Why they keep cramming always-online DRM into things I'll never know

All it does is stop legitimate owners from playing their games whenever a rat gnaws on a cable somewhere

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
To the people saying "AWS is down". Who the hell thought having your library tied to the servers being up was a good idea ?
Imagine if this happened on Xbox, PlayStation, Switch or Steam.

The backlash that Microsoft got for planning similar with Xbox One was justified, and I'm super glad they saw sense.

This really isn't defensible.

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
DRM is such anti-player bullshit. Could boot this game up on a PS4 or PS5 right now entirely offline and it would be just fine. But since SE refuses to allow a non-DRM version of any of their games on PC. We all get punished when the DRM service goes down.

Nekyrrev

Oct 28, 2017
The always-online DRM is a square-enix requirement, not an Epic game store one, isn't it ?

snausages

Feb 12, 2018
The always-online DRM is a square-enix requirement, not an Epic game store one, isn't it ?
tbf, I just checked this and launched Hitman 3 from its folder and it does actually work

Which is kinda ironic, considering it has a baked in online check

So I guess it is special dispensation for Square games?

EDIT Disregard all of this, the launcher is back up so that is why it works 🤣