rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
i mean sure it inconveniences paying customers, but it did delay a pirated version for an entire seven hours. that's mission accomplished right there, baby. seven whole hours of pure unadulterated profits.

BigDes

Knows Too Much
Oct 25, 2017
Let's hold EGS' schoolbag above our heads and throw it to each other when it tries to get it from us.

Gentlemen

Oct 25, 2017
does 7r even have online features? is S-E using epic services just for metrics and refuses to launch the executable without being able to connect to them?

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
The EGS dog pile is giving bullying vibes

giphy.gif

(lol jk) - great movie though

NoctisLC

Jun 5, 2018
Epic has an offline mode and many games work just fine even with the launcher off. Take your issue up with Square adding the always online req rather than continuing the hurr epic bad circlejerk.

Hektor

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Deutschland
This is people who feel the need to defend companies that don't provide for a way to play singleplayer games offline

GetDigitized

Oct 25, 2017
Why are people aiming for epic when this is on SE putting online only DRM. They could have done the same thing with steam(if the game was on steam).

OtakuCoder

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
UK
So we're back to the days of pirates having a better experience than paying customers. Sigh.

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
so this is likely more an issue of S-E incompetence than something inherent about epic services?
Not really incompetence. They wanted some form of DRM. Adding in online-only DRM via EOS is free. Adding Denuvo or any form of DRM that actually delays crackers by more than a few hours costs hundreds of thousands of dollars. They're cheap fucks.

TioChuck

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
Won't someone think of the feelings of the big corp!

I initially assumed all of the DRM and related API calls to EOS were in the game. But that clearly doesn't make much sense.

I definitely don't have a grasp between the differences between retail and cracked games lmfao.
As I understand, someone can correct me if I'm wrong, the "crack" is an EOS emulator, all the calls are there, but they are calling the wrong number that it's pretending to be the real one.

Paying customer are getting the worst deal once again.

texhnolyze

Shinra Employee
Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Imagine that the first thing that came to your mind is defending Epic/SE for not implementing offline mode for a single player only game.

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
please don't bully SE, they're my favorite corporation 😭 they can do no wrong, we forgive you king matsuda 😭

FrostweaveBandage

Unshakable Resolve
Sep 27, 2019
The real story is "Epic Games ties login of a single player game to their authentication /licensing servers and subjects users to suffer from potential AWS outages."

It's a bad implementation, and makes everyone involved look bad. This isn't an MMO.