• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Snake Eater

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Her agent and publicist must be screaming at her right now

Oct 28, 2017
England
What is with Disney and their stars having these stupid takes?

There are so many genuine criticisms of Disney, so it annoys me to see bad takes like this. Considering the vast amount of actors they've hired over the decades, I can't see how they (or any other company that has previously worked with them, from Netlix, to Fox, to WB to the BBC) are to blame for any of them later revealing themselves to be transphobic, anti-vax Trump supporters. I'd love to see Disney fire their asses, for them to blacklisted by Netflix or WB or anyone remotely reputable. But this is shitty people choosing to be reveal themselves to the world.

TaleSpun

Oct 25, 2017
There are so many genuine criticisms of Disney, so it annoys me to see bad takes like this. Considering the vast amount of actors they've hired over the decades, I can't see how they (or any other company that has previously worked with them, from Netlix, to Fox, to WB to the BBC) are to blame for any of them later revealing themselves to be transphobic, anti-vax Trump supporters. I'd love to see Disney fire their asses, for them to blacklisted by Netflix or WB or anyone remotely reputable. But this is shitty people choosing to be reveal themselves to the world.

For some reason now people have a hard time understanding that actors get hired because someone likes their acting. Disney doesn't ask who you voted for in the audition. Neither does Steve McQueen or Charlie Brooker.

IMCaprica

Aug 1, 2019
2CpnhYA.png

Honestly the best way this could have been resolved.
I'm glad we can finally put to bed the nonsense from earlier in the thread where people were seriously convinced ignoring her would've been helpful in any way.

MinusTydus

The Fallen
Jul 28, 2018
Her agent and publicist must be screaming at her right now
I imagine the screaming happened right before she tried to scrub her own existence off the internet.

You are now the presumed successor to lead one of the largest films in history and you Roseanne yourself out of a job.

It should go to Danai. I love Lupita, but she wasn't given all that much to actually do in Black Panther. Okoye would make more sense.

If I had to guess, though, I'd say Disney sticks with Shuri, because they want to "stay true" to the source material or some other BS excuse. They'll desperately try to shut down this controversy.

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
Being generous I think expressing concern about the vaccine is one thing (obviously wrong in this case but somewhat understandable given certain history) but that's not really what she did and would downplaying to pretend it was.

What she actually did was share and consequently signal boost blatantly false misinformation and lies. Fake evidence and science with no bearing on reality that can seriously influence people's willingness to take a most likely perfectly safe vaccine to save hundreds upon thousands of lives. That and unfounded religious scaremongering of science, ie:"lucifer".

And that's without getting into the transphobia which another awful thing.

Last edited:

KeyBladerXIII

Dec 5, 2017
This is monumentally disappointing and she shouldnt be considered to take over the title role anymore. I'd rather they resurrect and redeem Killmonger or let W'kabi out of jail. Okoye first choice though

HMD

Oct 26, 2017
Imagine potentially losing out on 10s of millions of dollars worth of MCU check and a bight future in Hollywood for that...

Spinluck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
Wow. Don Cheadle being a human being.
"Oh shit you guys were right, that video was trash" and admitting he was wrong. Respect that a lot. It shouldn't be a rare personality trait though.

How often do we actually see celebrities do that after they get called out? Serious question.

It is an incredibly rare trait, even here, we shouldn't expect this of just famous celebs.

People rarely admit when they are wrong here and never apologize for it.

When you come out with pitchforks, the natural reaction is to get defensive or match that intensity.

I see it all the time.

Atlas_XIX

Oct 29, 2017
I can't understand what goes through some people's mind sometimes. How hard is it to keep your mouth shut. At least she exposed herself so we know where she stands.

chefbags

Oct 25, 2017
I can't understand what goes through some people's mind sometimes. How hard is it to keep your mouth shut. At least she exposed herself so we know where she stands.

She kept digging that hole and then went on to actually posting about how deep that hole is.

Never once did she not see the ramifications till probably she realized it all blew up and it was too late to take it away.

Bear Patrol

Oct 27, 2017
I can honestly see disney dropping her for this. Disney does not fuck around.
Except for letting Gina Carino spout all the stupid bullshit she did.

I'm willing to bet that Disney does do something about this case because Letitia is not just an idiot but a black idiot. Could see her getting cut real quick because black talent is always held to a bullshit higher standard.

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
I'm glad we can finally put to bed the nonsense from earlier in the thread where people were seriously convinced ignoring her would've been helpful in any way.
Whenever someone says that, it comes across as disingenuous. It's more like they want to remain ignorant of the issues and project that onto others so less people talk about it. They just want to be dismissive of the concerns about platforming dangerous nonsense. Reminds me of the Tyler The Creator tweet on bullying.
vEdystU5OVHKjdjb8jlQ-1W-uGWdqGbbkThn0-6lHFc.jpg

There are people who genuinely believe if Trump's Nazi ways were ignored, he wouldn't have been elected. Instead of realising he shouldn't have been given the platforms to spread his dangerous and fascist tendencies, which is different to ignoring.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
Letita is not getting cut when we lost Chadwick. Don't think she should be either.

But please recast T'Challa.

IzzyRX

Powered by Friendship™
Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
At this point, I think they'll recast T'Challa, they won't have Letitia taking center stage now.

HustleBun

Nov 12, 2017
Whenever someone says that, it comes across as disingenuous. It's more like they want to remain ignorant of the issues and project that onto others so less people talk about it. They just want to be dismissive of the concerns about platforming dangerous nonsense. Reminds me of the Tyler The Creator tweet on bullying.
vEdystU5OVHKjdjb8jlQ-1W-uGWdqGbbkThn0-6lHFc.jpg

There are people who genuinely believe if Trump's Nazi ways were ignored, he wouldn't have been elected. Instead of realising he shouldn't have been given the platforms to spread his dangerous and fascist tendencies, which is different to ignoring.
Oh wow I remember this shitty tweet.

Another example of a person who has done a massive metamorphosis as a human being. 2012 Tyler and 2020 Tyler are insanely different people.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Honestly I really doubt Letita's role is going to be impacted by this. It'll be old news in a couple of months and BP2 is still a long ways away. I don't think they were going to pass the mantle to Shuri anyway.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly I really doubt Letita's role is going to be impacted by this. It'll be old news in a couple of months and BP2 is still a long ways away. I don't think they were going to pass the mantle to Shuri anyway.

You might be right. Sometimes things are a lot bigger deal in a few corners of the internet than they are in general.

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
...chris pratt and gina carano are doing ok

Chris Pratt is the lead of the Guardians movies, and the second season of Mando was filmed before the first season ended. It'll be more interesting to see if Gina comes back for season 3. (Chris is almost certainly going to be in GOTG vol 3.)

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Chris Pratt is the lead of the Guardians movies, and the second season of Mando was filmed before the first season ended. It'll be more interesting to see if Gina comes back for season 3. (Chris is almost certainly going to be in GOTG vol 3.)

Letitia is the closest marvel has for a lead for Black Panther 2 =P

Wulfric

Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere in Feige's home office: "Siri, call Winston Duke"

Very disappointed with her. Removing her from the film is near impossible, but she can be sidelined if Marvel feels like they don't want to take on the risk of being associated with that.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Gina is a transphobic covid denier and Chris belongs to a homophobic church and continually sidesteps any criticism of that fact (and also called all his actor friends to defend him when people rightfully called him out on it).
Don't forget his 'dont step on me' top and exclusively following right wing arseholes on social media like Shapiro and Carlson etc.

Deleted member 4367

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pratt is currently around 2017 JK Rowling status. There's some two and two still to put together. We'll see if he reaches 2019-2020 JK Rowling status.

IzzyRX