• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

gimbles123

Oct 27, 2017
Geezus. Disappointing.

Well, been saying for a while now they should recast T'Challa with Abubakar Salim.

xouhXPh.jpg

And if you're really on the no recast train, Nakia (Lupita) always made a lot more sense to me to take up the mantle as opposed to Shuri (Letitia).

I just want to bump this because he is awesome, and I would for sure love to see him tackle the Panther.

Era Uma Vez

Feb 5, 2020
Disney is not gonna fire her.
I remember like a year ago, Jeremy Renner's ex-wife came out saying that he was an abusive drug addict and it came to the point where he threatened to kill her, and to kill himself, with their 6 year old sleeping in the next room.
And nothing happened with that too, he's literally shooting Hawkeye as we speak.
Letitia is fine...
I mean, her mind isn't, but she is... for now.

SapientWolf

Nov 6, 2017
Yeah, I know anti-vax talk especially from a celebrity with some influence is dangerous but I think there's a nuance here a lot of posters don't realize. There is a lot of skepticism and mistrust of this sort of thing baked in to the black community from experience, I have some of that in my family as well. Does anyone here know about the Tuskegee Experiments?

I don't know if we should just be beating down on Letitia and people who say this without looking at those deeper contexts. And it's difficult because it doesn't just stop at anti-vax, it creeps into bigotry and conspiracy theories - obviously these things must be condemned. I don't know the right way to really go about fixing this or even addressing it. Once again it's another example of the US government failing its black citizens.
That's why it's so important to reach out and educate those citizens, before these types of narratives take hold and put their lives in even more danger. We don't have to beat down Letitia but we can't let her comments go unopposed.

And they're based on a misunderstanding of a scientific term rather than any misgivings about how the black community is being treated, with regards to the testing and distribution of the vaccine. So she doesn't really have a legitimate greivance here.

IDreamOfHime

Oct 27, 2017
They have one of the best actresses on the planet as part of the cast with Lupita Nyong'o. Shuri ain't needed.

Arttemis

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Whatever role she has in the next movie, I hope they fill it with pro-vaccine common sense.

Nov 18, 2020
Does deleting your twitter delete all posts?

Seems like the smart thing to do if you become famous.

The smart thing to do if you're famous is never have a personal Twitter of any sort. Official, managed promo Twitters run by your agency, sure. But personal Twitter accounts are just asking for trouble when you start to amass hundreds of thousands (or millions) of followers.

Gravidee

Oct 28, 2017
Whatever role she has in the next movie, I hope they fill it with pro-vaccine common sense.

If Covid is a thing in the MCU, they should deliberately write her so that she invents multiple vaccines, is constantly talking about how great it is and have her personally distribute it to various people, lol.

TaleSpun

Oct 25, 2017
That's why it's so important to reach out and educate those citizens, before these types of narratives take hold and put their lives in even more danger. We don't have to beat down Letitia but we can't let her comments go unopposed.

And they're based on a misunderstanding of a scientific term rather than any misgivings about how the black community is being treated, with regards to the testing and distribution of the vaccine. So she doesn't really have a legitimate greivance here.

The Tuskegee Experiments is such a weird pull here to me. We're like a generation removed from that. I won't call it a fringe concern, but it certainly isn't popular either. And Wright is nearly 30 years old and not even American lol

RSTEIN

Nov 13, 2017
The smart thing to do if you're famous is never have a personal Twitter of any sort. Official, managed promo Twitters run by your agency, sure. But personal Twitter accounts are just asking for trouble when you start to amass hundreds of thousands (or millions) of followers.
Nah... look how many celebrities like Rock, Ryan Reynolds, Zendaya, etc., use these platforms so well. They are invaluable to building your own brand. Hiring decisions are influenced by how big an actor's social media presence is.

The solution is a) don't be an idiot and b) surround yourself with good people.

Crimsonskies

Alt account
Banned
Nov 1, 2019
Seeing all the wrong people coming to her defense including many edgelord youtubers yelling about how she is being cancelled.

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
Ignoring idiots sometimes works. It worked with Milo.

People didn't ignore Milo, they took a unified stand against him and refused to carry his content. Deplatforming does not mean ignoring, it means making very clear that you will not permit that kind of thing on your place of business.

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
If Covid is a thing in the MCU, they should deliberately write her so that she invents multiple vaccines, is constantly talking about how great it is and have her personally distribute it to various people, lol.
Itd be better if Letitia got replaced and they had the new shuri do this.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Surprised we didn't get tweets about her being discriminated against as a Christian. That's usually right up there with "I'm being cancelled"

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
You tube also makes falling in a hole with only conspiracy bullshit way too easy. Like one video and that's ALL you're gonna see anymore

Yep. You have to manually fix your feed when unwanted content shows up in it. YouTube doesn't give a shit, it just wants you to watch more and the algorithm just packs your feed with it. Because people engage with it so much, YouTube is too fucking eager to spread it because it brings in ad revenue

pauljeremiah

Oct 28, 2017
Ireland
Good. What she was doing was career suicide. Unfortunately, the internet never forgets. So if Coogler/Feige/Disney intend to keep Shuri with a leading role in BP2, the press run is going to be...something.

All they have to tell journalists when she is promoting a Marvel film via a press junket is "bring up that topic with her and you and your publication will be blacklisted."

gozu

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
America
She should have apologized and admitted her stupidity before deleting it. I have no respect for her.