• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Do you?

• Yes

Votes: 61 16.2%
  • No

Votes: 234 62.2%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 32 8.5%
  • Only by accident

Votes: 49 13.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Liquorice

Oct 27, 2017
UK
What's the difference between buying a cooked chicken and cooking one yourself when it comes to eating these specific parts? Just wondering why the destinction was made.

I'm kind of funny about making stock from rotisserie chicken, I think I assume they're worse quality chickens than one I'd buy myself and cook.

OP
OP
FernandoRocker
Oct 25, 2017
México
Don't you guys eat shrimp tails? WTF.

I eat the heads too, specially from dried salted shrimp (but you gotta be careful with the horn). Absolutely delicious.

cLbY9yP.png

SGJin

Feb 23, 2018
I grew up with traditional asian parents so if I didn't clean the bones I would get the
Also everyone that gags at the thought of eating cartilage, you do know it is used as filler in chicken nuggets right?

OP
OP
FernandoRocker
Oct 25, 2017
México
What's the difference between buying a cooked chicken and cooking one yourself when it comes to eating these specific parts? Just wondering why the destinction was made.

I'm kind of funny about making stock from rotisserie chicken, I think I assume they're worse quality chickens than one I'd buy myself and cook.
Nothing. Just wanted to write a funny thread title.

bastardly

Nov 8, 2017
Don't you guys eat shrimp tails? WTF.

I eat the heads too, specially from dried salted shrimp (but you gotta be careful with the horn). Absolutely delicious.

cLbY9yP.png
ugh, shrimp tails are the worst, my grandma made these awesome shrimp sweet potato fritters, but she always left on the head and tails so i had to eat with the utmost of caution

Duane

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I don't eat the cartilage, no, but I'm sucking the marrow out of a bone I broke in half right now as I type this.

L0ruA47.jpg

Pet

More helpful than the IRS
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
SoCal

Can't bear Costco's rotisserie chicken for price unless you live somewhere where chicken is cheap.

That being said, my house pretty much only buys it for stock. The meat is usually only eaten with the same expectations one would have of fast food.

If we want roasted chicken meat, we roast chicken. But, if you're boiling the bones and bits...well, we're not so bougie that we care about using better chicken for stock haha.

Uhtred

Alt Account
Banned
May 4, 2020
You'll see me gnawing on chicken bones. I often crack them and suckle at the bone marrow, much to chagrin of my wife. But you won't catch me eating cartilage, I'm not a savage.

Seriously, it's got no flavor, it's hard, it's entirely unappetizing why would you eat it?

HeyNay

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Somewhere
That's collagen in there! It's good for your skin man, just eat it. You're already eating skin and flesh, what difference do the other bits make?

SRG01

Oct 25, 2017
I'll eat the cartilage off the breast, but not anywhere else because it's too hard.

I don't understand the comments about it being gross or the texture/taste being off. It's just crunchy bits of nothingness?

Zoe

Oct 25, 2017
I don't understand the comments about it being gross or the texture/taste being off. It's just crunchy bits of nothingness?
But why do you want to eat nothingness? To me, eating something without flavor is gross. Even the sound grosses me out because meat itself isn't supposed to be crunchy.

Budi

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
Huh, learned something new. Had no idea people just eat it like that, I need to do some investigation next time I'm having grilled chicken.
why are people who do not something in particular so fucking rude about it??

like, look at the way you respond.

holy shit.
It's a food thread, toxicity is given.

Last edited:

Dormammu

Banned
May 20, 2020
Plenty of meat on the chicken, who needs to just keep eating so much that they go for the parts that are not?

Rampage

Oct 27, 2017
Metro Detriot
Huh. Never knew this was a thing.

Depending on the texture, I might give it a try. I do occasional eat the marrow of chicken and ribs bones.

I usually just use the carcass for stock.

Ringten

Nov 15, 2017
I eat cartillage.

Don't tell us what is normal and what is not, especially when your defintion of normal comes from a white-ass culture.

How difficult is it to say "not for me personally" instead of "this is gross, and people from cultures where this food is commonly consumed and even enjoyed are gross for liking this gross food"

This.

Oct 25, 2017
Cartilage/gristle and fatty bits are some of the main reasons I'm easily turned off from poultry, beef, pork, etc. What I like is based almost solely on texture because I can barely taste anything.

Meat in general is not for me. If I lived on my own and could afford to do so, I'd cut out pretty much all meat from my diet and just keep eggs, dairy, and certain fish.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Certain types of food are common to some regions and/or the poor or marginalized, and comments about being "savage" for eating this sort of food can be hurtful. Please be sensitive to the language you use when sharing your opinion on food, as other cultures may view things differently.

Status
Not open for further replies.