• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Do you?

• Yes

Votes: 61 16.2%
  • No

Votes: 234 62.2%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 32 8.5%
  • Only by accident

Votes: 49 13.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
México
Let's say you buy a whole rotisserie chicken or a grilled chicken. You grab a piece of grilled chicken or you cut a piece of the rotisserie chicken and you get a piece with cartilage.

Do you eat the cartilage?

cwmartin

Oct 27, 2017
Can you explain this better? Like the fucking bones or the carcass? I tend to eat the meat, idk.

reKon

Oct 25, 2017
You need to chill with all these topics. Like at this point, I can tell it's a Fernando thread just based off the title.

vatstep

Oct 25, 2017
I put the whole thing in my mouth and chew for a few seconds, then pull out the entire skeleton, intact and glistening white

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
If by cartlidge you mean the white/transparent crunchy thing, then yes I love that !

Dec 22, 2017
I put the whole thing in my mouth and chew for a few seconds, then pull out the entire skeleton, intact and glistening white

Amateur hour. I can do that with a live one.
giphy.gif

finalflame

Product Management
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Nah. With that said, my girlfriend is from a Chinese family and claims the cartilage is the best part, so I just let her handle that part. Cultural difference?

Mar 3, 2019
Nah. Im gonna be honest here, Ill eat the meat but I'm really here for that delicious skin(Out of context, thats a pretty terrifying statement lol)

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Well I guess we get to find out how many uncivilized cartilage-eating animals are lurking on ERA.

bruh

til people actually do eat chicken cartilage

No. I didn't realize that people ate that on purpose.

What's wrong with you? Of course not.

Ew no. What the fuck is wrong with some of you.

Wtf...

Do people do this?

You guys would sure hate to know what goes into Asian foods like soups... Tendons are a VERY popular choice, too. That's just, what non-westernized Asian foods often include...

I hate it personally, but yes I am well aware that many people I know will pick bones try. They ARE good for you.

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
I sometimes eat it sometimes I don't.
It's essentially a tissue between bones. People being disgusted at others for eating it are probably forgetting that they are literally eating flesh containing muscle/fat and skin of an animal cooked in broth that's made from more meat and bones.

Last edited:

Cocolina

Oct 28, 2017
sure, I like to crunch on all those knuckles

the way some people leave wings looking the same as when they arrived is such a waste

Real

Oct 28, 2017
Yep! I crunch and eat the bones too. My skin's shiny as hell cause of it and I won't hear otherwise.

Reckheim

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I sometimes eat it sometimes I don't.
People being disgusted by it forgetting that they are literally eating flesh and skin of an animal and acting like eating the tissue that's between the bones is vile.
the crunchiness and the texture of it. Whenever I bite into it by accident I gag.

Doskoi Panda

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
You guys would sure hate to know what goes into Asian foods like soups... Tendons are a VERY popular choice, too. That's just, what non-westernized Asian foods often include...

I hate it personally, but yes I am well aware that many people I know will pick bones try. They ARE good for you.
Yeah I know about the kind of stuff that goes into delicious soup

but, like, I've just seen pictures of cartilage stir fry and shish kebabs

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
From the wings, sure. I clean wings. When I'm finished eating wings and thighs the bones are almost completely clean.

I'll also use the full bird to make stock, so the thing fucking melts down and that cartilage turns into the gelaatin in your stock.

Last edited:

Teiresias

Oct 27, 2017
I eat cartlidge, and my partner looks at my weird, but when we have chicken wings he's literally leaving like 50% of the meat on the bone so that he doesn't have to get near the cartlidge at the end of the wings, so it seems wasteful to me if you don't eat cartlidge at least on wings.

I mean, you've killed this animal to consume it, and you're going to sit there and let huge parts of it go to waste?

On a rotisserie I also freeze the rest of the bones until I have enough to make some stock.

Status
Not open for further replies.