• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

BLEEN

Oct 27, 2017
Pure shea butter is not harmful, but not necessarily additive either from an anti-aging standpoint. Why not use a moisturizer that includes it plus a bunch of other ingredients that can actually bind to cell receptor sites and do more than just lightly coat the surface of the skin?
Interesting. I buy it because it's cheap as dirt and I've had zero issues with it. Can you recommend something that I can buy in bulk that binds to cell receptor sites? I can just combine the two and make my own moisturizer I guess!

OP
OP
Leona Lewis

Leona Lewis

Oct 25, 2017
Interesting. I buy it because it's cheap as dirt and I've had zero issues with it. Can you recommend something that I can buy in bulk that binds to cell receptor sites? I can just combine the two and make my own moisturizer I guess!
I like the Olay Regenerist Serum.

Gentle, and the velvety texture is light but sufficiently moisturizing.

Not sure about bulk, though. I suppose it's easy enough to make your own topical Vitamin C.

Galkinator

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
As someone who worked a year in skin care (mostly selling it) I can tell you it's not life changing, and the worst thing is over-doing it.
I basically moisturize my face only, and even that is only when I feel a little bit dry or flaky. I've seen people that go through a crazy routine and then their skin is so messed up with all the chemicals it just goes out of balance and they develop a need for these products.
The most important thing is treating it for sun damages which are irreversible basically, especially in hot countries with deadly sun such as Australia.

(Just to clarify I'm not judging anything or anyone, I am encouraging the use of skin-care but please don't become addicted!)

Toddv360

Oct 27, 2017
I have black heads on my nose and have no idea how to get rid of them. Also the skin under one of my eyes is baggier than the other and its noticeable when I smile. How do I fix this. I rarely get pimples and everything else seems to be fine. All I do is throw water on my face and tap dry before I go to bed.

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017
Any ideas/recommendations for bags under the eyes. I always look like I haven't slept for days.

I discovered collagen cream which makes them pretty much go away for a few hours but I'm wondering if there's something that lasts all day.

If I have to sneak off to the bathroom at work then I guess I will...

You might be surprised to learn that exfoliation works on non-facial skin as well. Applying 10% AHA lotion after gently scrubbing with pumice or a textured cloth would do wonders.

Thank you! I also tend to get patches of rough skin (like it's surface dirt & dry skin) so it would make sense that exfoliating would actually help with the rough skin.

I'll pick up the lotion this weekend as well as a new pumice stone.

RpgN

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
I only recommend facial scrubs for people on Accutane (i.e. persistent skin flaking/peeling issues for which physical exfoliation is called for).

Oh my...I had no idea. We use it in the house about twice a week. We don't have problems with our skins but I was always told that it was healthy and better for your skin to remove stuff with a scrub (I use a mild one) and then use a moisterizor.

So I have been really interested in taking care of my skin but I have absolutely no experience and knowledge about the products being sold. I really appreciate you taking the time to help people with their questions. I'm going to ask my questions slowly in order to get suitable cleaners and moisterizor for my skin. I would like to apologise in advance if my questions might sound stupid. You can treat me as a complete noob.

I'm trying to find out what my skin type is and it has been difficult. I've been using a moisterizor that's meant for dry skin (because I though my skin type was dry) but my skin gets too oily on the first day. I don't think my skin is oily either. It's either normal or mixed. How can I tell for sure that my skin type is either normal or mixed? I've tested a new one recently called Diadermine Hypoallergenique hydra balance day, and it felt good on my skin. It felt smooth without being oily but there is no description for a skin type.

Second question: I often use a night moisterizor during the day. Is that bad? What is the difference between night and day moisterizor and should they be taken seriously?

KmA

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly I just use lush products because the employees seem to know what they are talking about lmao but they are probably bullshitting.

Wark

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
So I have these really really small bumps underneath my eyes - they're kinda like tiny and subtle goosebumps. You can't really notice them unless you get really close to my face. What are they and what can I do to fix them?

Also, I have bumpy red skin on my upper arms. It seems like they are more subtle some days and more visible on other days. What can I do to fix that? Does it have something to with my diet and/or toxins I'm ingesting?

Galkinator

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
I have black heads on my nose and have no idea how to get rid of them. Also the skin under one of my eyes is baggier than the other and its noticeable when I smile. How do I fix this. I rarely get pimples and everything else seems to be fine. All I do is throw water on my face and tap dry before I go to bed.

Blackheads are caused because the sebum(natural oil from glands)is getting clogged in your pores along with the dirt from the environment and gets dry.
Basically, you need to clean the skin and de-clog the pores, for example after a hot shower your pores are more open and then you can use a cleanser to clean your face and focus on the nose area.
After finishing cleaning it with a cleanser or a different face soap, put a moisturizer to protect your skin so less crap will get inside your pores.
Any ideas/recommendations for bags under the eyes. I always look like I haven't slept for days.

Get yourself some sort of a light eye product, preferably an eye gel. (It's lighter than cream and doesn't make the eyes puffy)
Go to some skincare shops and try a few different products, see what feels better and gives an actual result.
A good one should be a daily use I guess.

I'm trying to find out what my skin type is and it has been difficult. I've been using a moisterizor that's meant for dry skin (because I though my skin type was dry) but my skin gets too oily on the first day. I don't think my skin is oily either. It's either normal or mixed. How can I tell for sure that my skin type is either normal or mixed? I've tested a new one recently called Diadermine Hypoallergenique hydra balance day, and it felt good on my skin. It felt smooth without being oily but there is no description for a skin type.

Second question: I often use a night moisterizor during the day. Is that bad? What is the difference between night and day moisterizor and should they be taken seriously?

If you feel oily after applying your moisturizer then it means either your product is too heavy and filled with oil, or your skin isn't absorbing the product well enough.
Before applying any moisturizer it's better to clean your face, so wash your face with warm water and if you feel the need (not a must) clean it with a cleanser/face soap as well.
If after a few times like that your product still gives you an oily feeling I'd recommend trying a few other ones that are lighter and more suitable for day time and absorb faster.

Regarding your 2nd question - that is, in my opinion there reason you feel oily. A night cream is actually much heavier than a day cream and is meant to nourish your skin throughout your sleep when your body is relaxed, like "boosting" the healing effect of sleeping.
That's the reason your skin doesn't absorb it fast enough and you feel oily, especially if you walk outside in the sun etc.

Also, I have bumpy red skin on my upper arms. It seems like they are more subtle some days and more visible on other days. What can I do to fix that? Does it have something to with my diet and/or toxins I'm ingesting?

I'm not sure about the diet, but try finding some body product like a salt scrub or at least some nice organic antiseptic soap to clean that area and kill bacteria.

gcwy

Oct 27, 2017
Houston, TX
I noticed that all my skin problems, be it acne, oily skin, dry skin etc. vanished after I started drinking a healthy amount of water. I recommend drinking lots and lots of water to everyone. My friends think I'm a weirdo for drinking too much water, joke's on them though. Need to take a pee much more often, though.

Wark

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
I'm not sure about the diet, but try finding some body product like a salt scrub or at least some nice organic antiseptic soap to clean that area and kill bacteria.
Good to know! I'm next to illiterate when it comes to this stuff. Any suggestions on good brands/products?

I noticed that all my skin problems, be it acne, oily skin, dry skin etc. vanished after I started drinking a healthy amount of water. I recommend drinking lots and lots of water to everyone. My friends think I'm a weirdo for drinking too much water, joke's on them though. Need to take a pee much more often, though.
Definitely. I drink so much water now - and, yeah, my friends think I'm a weirdo too. I carry one of those Brita filter water bottles with me at all times. I've definitely noticed a change too. Likewise, my skin definitely looks a lot better since I've cut down from smoking a pack a day to one or two cigarettes a day.

Poodle

Oct 27, 2017

They're probably not blackheads, but sebaceous filaments. Sebaceous filaments are totally normal and everyone gets them. You can't get rid of them, but you can temporarily reduce their appearance. I suggest trying a chemical exfoliant, such as a BHA or AHA, once or twice a week. There are a couple key things to keep in mind with chemical exfoliants: proper pH for efficacy and suncare. Paula's Choice makes a great BHA product, SKIN PERFECTING 2% BHA Liquid Exfoliant, that is properly pH balanced. If you are on a budget or have limited accessibility, Stridex (red box) is the only drug store BHA that I know of that has the proper pH to actually work (~3-4). However, the menthol in Stridex can be quite irritating for some. The Ordinary has some basic chemical exfoliants that are well-formulated and affordable, too. If you are interested in trying an AHA, please understand that wearing sunscreen consistently is particularly important, as these acids are photosensitizing.

In terms of how to incorporate a BHA or AHA into your routine, I think patch-testing and slow-and-steady is the way to go. Try the new product on a small area on your face/neck for a bit of time to ensure that you are not allergic to any ingredients. Then, because skin needs time to acclimate to the exfoliation, start using one chemical exfoliant at a time once or twice a week. For maximum efficacy, I suggest waiting 10-15 minutes after the initial application of a BHA or AHA before applying any other products. Good luck!

Pet

More helpful than the IRS
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
SoCal
Leona Lewis - do you have any experience with the following products - Wonjin Water Bomb Cream or Ultra Facial Cleanser?

I usually use Shiseido for both cleaning and moisturizing but am open to branching out.

RpgN

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
If you feel oily after applying your moisturizer then it means either your product is too heavy and filled with oil, or your skin isn't absorbing the product well enough.

Before applying any moisturizer it's better to clean your face, so wash your face with warm water and if you feel the need (not a must) clean it with a cleanser/face soap as well.

If after a few times like that your product still gives you an oily feeling I'd recommend trying a few other ones that are lighter and more suitable for day time and absorb faster.

Regarding your 2nd question - that is, in my opinion there reason you feel oily. A night cream is actually much heavier than a day cream and is meant to nourish your skin throughout your sleep when your body is relaxed, like "boosting" the healing effect of sleeping.
That's the reason your skin doesn't absorb it fast enough and you feel oily, especially if you walk outside in the sun etc.

You're explanation makes perfect sense. Thank you for clearing that up. Although I read that it's bad for your skin to wash your face with soap too often?

I think it's time to change my routine. The only way I take care of my skin is using a face scrub and a moisterizor afterwards twice a week. That's it. I do have some issues with my skin but not sure what it is exactly called. I think they might be enlarged pores or blackheads, also the texture of my skin doesn't feel smooth. Even if you don't see anything, you feel it.

Would this be the correct way of handling my skin going forward?

• Everyday use a cleanser in the morning
  • Once a day use a moisterizor (is it a must straight after a cleanser?)
  • Once a week use a face scrub gentle type

MilesQ

Oct 25, 2017
My wife has her own mix. I'm not sure about all the oils, but I think there's vitamin E, argan oil, primrose and some other stuff and it works really well. My skin has gone from looking tired and dull to being more firmer and brighter.

She also has this vitamin C serum that's like £30 a bottle (and it's a tiny ass bottle), which she puts on once a week. I should get in on that too as her skin overall is very clear and with nary a wrinkle or blemish.

laoni

Oct 25, 2017
My skin got fucked up bad from chemo, I went from pretty normal skin to dry as an autumn leaf, and constantly flaking. Needed to clean my glasses multiple times a day just because I couldn't see through the skin flakes. My doctors weren't really sure why it happened, but gave me a bunch of stuff to try (none of which worked)

4 months of heavy exfoliation and the Body Shop Hemp line and I'm finally starting to approach normal again.

Ampersands

Oct 25, 2017
I was a pretty avid reader of the old thread so it's nice to see it reborn! In my personal experience, diet was very closely linked to the breakouts I had. Consistency is key, in terms of skincare routine and diet.

Speaking of routines, as we get closer to the winter the more I dread cleansing because my bathroom sink basically produces solid ice then. I was planning on heating some water in a kettle, dipping a cloth in it, and using that to wash my face. Any potential issues with that?

Galkinator

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
You're explanation makes perfect sense. Thank you for clearing that up. Although I read that it's bad for your skin to wash your face with soap too often?

I think it's time to change my routine. The only way I take care of my skin is using a face scrub and a moisterizor afterwards twice a week. That's it. I do have some issues with my skin but not sure what it is exactly called. I think they might be enlarged pores or blackheads, also the texture of my skin doesn't feel smooth. Even if you don't see anything, you feel it.

Would this be the correct way of handling my skin going forward?

• Everyday use a cleanser in the morning
  • Once a day use a moisterizor (is it a must straight after a cleanser?)
  • Once a week use a face scrub gentle type
Yeah, never use a regular body soap on your face since it just dries it up really bad. You need some sort of a natural soap without the bad chemicals (SLS for example which makes the soap foam up but is actually bad for the skin and dries it up)
which you can use daily, but a cleanser will feel better.
Your enlarged pores are a direct result of oily skin - basically your glands produce a little bit more sebum than the average person, thus slowly making the pores bigger because they have more sebum in them and that leads to blackheads as well.
The only thing I would change in your routine is maybe find a gentle peel suitable for oily skin since you don't want to use a scrub on your face, it can dry it up and even make the pores bigger with micro-scratching.

Boddy

User Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Due to a health problem, I have to take syringes daily.
As you can imagine, that's not very good to my skin. Any ideas what I could do about it?

Gemeanie

Oct 27, 2017
SEA
After my negligence in skincare came to haunt me as I step into 30s, I began to start my research jouerney to fix my face.

So far I find Korean's double cleansing method (using oil based cleanser before a water based one) on top of BHA works wonder calming down my combination oily skin in humid weather, but some of my blackheads are far too stubborn, so I'm wondering if a pore tightening product is necessary and do they really work as claimed?

Lucario

Oct 26, 2017
gay
Anyone know of a good AHA body lotion that's in the right PH range? Seems like most test above 5.5, which makes them useless for exfoliating afaik.

Been using amlactin but it does nothing. Really wish beautypedia/cosdna listed ph for products more consistently.

Last edited:

Deleted member 511

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My mood dropped throughout the week so I stopped being on top of my normal routine and the difference of nothing it is noticeable so definitely be on top of doing your routines!! One product I really like is this Serum by Mary Louise Cosmetics(I bought it in the bundle with the Mississippi mud mask) I bought about two/three weeks ago and it noticeably brightened my face, cleared up my dark spots and gave me the 'dewy face' look I've been wanting. I really recommend it! Also remember to drink ya water!

Oct 27, 2017
Omg subbed! I have a question!

I have had great results with Veltin but wasnt told by my doc whether it was a continuous rx or like a one-time round of treatment? Should I be continuing after my Rx is gone? Any similar alternative?

Edit:using Differin atm (i know it works differently tho)

Last edited:

gcwy

Oct 27, 2017
Houston, TX
Good to know! I'm next to illiterate when it comes to this stuff. Any suggestions on good brands/products?

Definitely. I drink so much water now - and, yeah, my friends think I'm a weirdo too. I carry one of those Brita filter water bottles with me at all times. I've definitely noticed a change too. Likewise, my skin definitely looks a lot better since I've cut down from smoking a pack a day to one or two cigarettes a day.
Strangely, some specific posts do not give an alert for me when my post is quoted.

Yep, water is awesome. I also carry a water bottle with me, especially if I'm going to be outside the house for a long time. Smoking must've been the cause for several skin related problems, I presume. For me, I was already drinking so little water (2-3 glasses at most) that just increasing my intake by tad improved my skin tremendously.

Sesha

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I finally saw a dermatologist in January after a few years of worsening dry skin and irritation. I used to use Jason aloe vera 75% lotion, but it became less and less effective, and I've tried various options over the years. The dermatologist told me I likely have a filaggrin mutation, besides the atopic dermatitis I have/had. He gave me a perscription for Canoderm 5% which I've used ever since. Now my skin is the most comfortable it's been in almost a decade, I feel much happier as a result.

Calico Spice

Oct 27, 2017
Anybody have some products with snail mucin that they'd recommend? My skin gets very dry, so I'm hoping to add it to my routine as 2nd moisturizer, but I'm not sure which one to use. I use CeraVe in the tub as my main moisturizer with occasional use of Aveeno skin relief moisture repair cream if that helps any.

Also, anyone with experience in healing spider bites? A brown recluse bit both of my legs (area above the ankles on both) a little over 2 years ago, but they're still hairless and red/purple with a silvery shine. My grandmother said I'm probably stuck with it since I had some significant tissue damage, but I'm hoping I can at least lighten it if they can't be completely healed.

MrWhiskers

Oct 27, 2017
Hmmm glad to see this thread here. Recently I turned 35 and noticed my skin hasn't been holding up as well as it used to (no shocker there). I'll have to try some new products so this is perfect timing!

Lateralus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
New Jersey
I have fallen in love with Diffren.

Sure..drys my skin right out..but my acne has reduced 99%.
And when one does spring up its gone in a day or two.

Trying to find a good moisturizer tho.
I use the Diffren moisturizer but hate that my skin feels greasy.

twofive

Oct 27, 2017
I follow your suggestions in the old place, and I like the results, so glad to see an update.

How About No

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Great Dairy State
Thanks for this thread! I'm only beginning to give a shit about my skin, still have a lot to learn.

So I have this Aveeno Daily Moisturizer w/salicylic acid...I didn't see that this was actually an acne treatment before buying, which I do not need. Is this okay to still use and get my money's worth or should I stop and get something more appropriate? I've been using it for a few weeks and haven't noticed any problems.

Also haven't used a cleanser before, just a facial soap I use in the shower, gonna have to look at the reccos in this thread~

Rayne

Oct 25, 2017
Okay I was looking for a recommendation for lotion for skin that gets eczema and is pleasant smelling but not overpowering. A feminine smell would be nice too. (Also a deodrant recommendation that's not Dove would be great).

Deleted member 1722

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
I just started using HydraGenius moisturizer. It feels really good, but I kinda liked the last one I had that was a "brightening" moisturizer.. which was basically sunscreen. I liked the bit of suncreen/titaniumwhite it had since I usually have red skin in the morning. But HydraGenius makes me skin feel noticeably better than the old one I used.

OP
OP
Leona Lewis

Leona Lewis

Oct 25, 2017
Never thought this thread would be so active! Some great questions and insights this past weekend. Will get to them tonight :-D

I also have a special post lined up to address specific conditions like eczema and psoriasis that I'm drafting now.

Poodle

Oct 27, 2017
Anybody have some products with snail mucin that they'd recommend? My skin gets very dry, so I'm hoping to add it to my routine as 2nd moisturizer, but I'm not sure which one to use. I use CeraVe in the tub as my main moisturizer with occasional use of Aveeno skin relief moisture repair cream if that helps any.

Also, anyone with experience in healing spider bites? A brown recluse bit both of my legs (area above the ankles on both) a little over 2 years ago, but they're still hairless and red/purple with a silvery shine. My grandmother said I'm probably stuck with it since I had some significant tissue damage, but I'm hoping I can at least lighten it if they can't be completely healed.

I suggest trying the Advanced Snail 96 Mucin Power Essence by Cosrx. Though the most basic formula, it is my favorite of all snail mucin products I have tested (Mizon, Tonymoly, and Benton) because of its simplicity and efficacy. The texture is... snail-y, as expected at 96% mucin, but not so bad that it is off-putting. In fact, the viscous slipperiness of the product helps it spread evenly in application. As for performance, I find it to be incredibly calming and hydrating as it sinks in, helping to heal irritation while making my skin feel more resilient. It layers well, too. I picked it up on Amazon (with Prime) for around $15 (USD).

Sch1sm

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto, ON
I generally use the CeraVe AM and PM moisturizers, but it seems they're on back order for manufacturers in my area (I work in a pharmacy, so I checked) - it's not in stock in any of the places I'd usually check outside my work, and I'm almost out of 'em. Help my sad soul with suggestions. I've gotten so used to the two and they've been a staple after going through a series of others that didn't agree with my skin and caused breakouts. I see some people mentioned Cetaphil's, but I'm curious about any others that exist for more sensitive skin.

Poodle

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone know of a good AHA body lotion that's in the right PH range? Seems like most test above 5.5, which makes them useless for exfoliating afaik.

Been using amlactin but it does nothing. Really wish beautypedia/cosdna listed ph for products more consistently.

I can immediately think of three options, but this is not exhaustive:
1. Paula's Choice - RESIST Skin Revealing Body Lotion with 10% AHA (US $28, 7oz, pH 3.5-3.9)
2. Makeup Artist's Choice (MUAC) - Glycolic Body Lotion (US $19, 8oz, pH 2.6, 15% AHA)
3. MUAC - AHA Hand and Body Lotion (US $25, 8oz, pH 2.5, ~18% AHA)

MUAC products can be great, but definitely ease into them by patch testing and giving your skin time to adjust. They also makes an AHA body wash worth checking out. I believe Alpha Hydrox also made a low-pH AHA body lotion at one point, but I think it has since been discontinued. Another idea you might want to consider is purchasing something like the Glycolic Acid 7% Toning Solution by The Ordinary (a lovely 240ml of product for ~$8, one of my favorite products) to decant into a spray bottle for use as a body mist. Also, keep in mind that AHAs are photosensitizing and proper suncare is important (e.g. apply sunscreen to exposed skin, only apply AHA at night, etc.). Good luck! I hope you are able to find something that works well for you.

Calico Spice

Oct 27, 2017
I suggest trying the Advanced Snail 96 Mucin Power Essence by Cosrx. Though the most basic formula, it is my favorite of all snail mucin products I have tested (Mizon, Tonymoly, and Benton) because of its simplicity and efficacy. The texture is... snail-y, as expected at 96% mucin, but not so bad that it is off-putting. In fact, the viscous slipperiness of the product helps it spread evenly in application. As for performance, I find it to be incredibly calming and hydrating as it sinks in, helping to heal irritation while making my skin feel more resilient. It layers well, too. I picked it up on Amazon (with Prime) for around $15 (USD).

Welp, I'm sold. It sounds like a miracle potion, and it's actually affordable! I already placed an order for it on Amazon.

Encephalon

Oct 26, 2017
Japan
My skin got fucked up bad from chemo, I went from pretty normal skin to dry as an autumn leaf, and constantly flaking. Needed to clean my glasses multiple times a day just because I couldn't see through the skin flakes. My doctors weren't really sure why it happened, but gave me a bunch of stuff to try (none of which worked)

4 months of heavy exfoliation and the Body Shop Hemp line and I'm finally starting to approach normal again.

I had a weird bout of skin flaking in a specific spot on my face a year ago. I added this to my regimen and it instantly went away:
lbDal5C.jpg

Maybe a coincidence, entirely anecdotal, but ...

Exhumed

Oct 29, 2017
Washington
I too have a question on how to handle keratosis pilaris on the arms/thighs? Saw a dermatologist and she basically said there was nothing to be done. Gave me some stuff called Excipial. It helped the dry skin part but didn't do a thing for the keratosis pilaris.

I also have really oily skin on my face/scalp that flakes after a shower then just gets super oily as the day goes on. I also tend to get random rough patches where it looks kinda scaly? Usually elbow, legs, and feet. It's almost like my skin isn't properly shedding. A good physical scrub gets rid of it but it always comes back. Tried many products but not really sure what the proper method or routine I should be starting to handle these things.

RpgN

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Yeah, never use a regular body soap on your face since it just dries it up really bad. You need some sort of a natural soap without the bad chemicals (SLS for example which makes the soap foam up but is actually bad for the skin and dries it up)
which you can use daily, but a cleanser will feel better.
Your enlarged pores are a direct result of oily skin - basically your glands produce a little bit more sebum than the average person, thus slowly making the pores bigger because they have more sebum in them and that leads to blackheads as well.
The only thing I would change in your routine is maybe find a gentle peel suitable for oily skin since you don't want to use a scrub on your face, it can dry it up and even make the pores bigger with micro-scratching.

About my skin being oily. The thing is, I mentioned large pores and blackheads because I saw them mentioned here and looked them up not knowing for sure where I fall. I mostly have little small dots around my nose, a little bit around the cheeks close to the nose and some on my forehead. They are barely visible and mostly noticeable when you look closer at the face. It surprised me that my skin might be oily because it looks very dry most of the time. Don't most people normally have some pores around their noses etc? How can I tell for sure that mine is above average and thus my skin is oily? I'm taking the advice given in this thread very seriously and am willing to do whatever is recommended here.

I've tried to search about using a peel but this is what I have come up with and it is confusing me to no end:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chemical_peel

There are apparently different types and there are risks involved. I have no idea what type I would need.

Is this the kind of product I would need?

https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B072XNJJ2Z/?tag=e10004583-21

Black

Oct 26, 2017
So I have these dandruff like skin on both sides of the nose. Not on the nose itself but just outside of it. You can't really notice it and even when I look at the mirror, I don't see any difference but once you touch it, it's kinda flaky. I tried peeling it off and it just made the skin there red and irritated. I tried putting rubbing alcohol cause I thought it may be an infection but sadly it just comes back after 2-3 days every time I peel it.