• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Syntsui

Oct 25, 2017
Majority of side characters were also great and interesting. For example Kate, Victoria, Nathan, David, Frank, Mark... Then there was Rachel mystery...
Overall it was just a better game, in almost every aspect. Technically LiS2 is better, which is not strange at all. And that's about it really. LiS was just a better game.
True, the cast and overall plot were also very interesting.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
They already lost half their fanbase once they announced Max and Chloe weren't in the sequel.

Captain of Outer Space

Come Sale Away With Me
Oct 28, 2017
Actually it was. Especially after 2nd or 3rd episode. A lot of players were disappointed by the ending tho. But game was very popular after first episode was released. And it just became bigger and bigger as episodes were being released. There was so much hype between every episode, fan theories, art... etc.
I remember tons of hate for the writing and Chloe/Max that lasted for at least a few episodes to die down, but the end of Episode 3 is where things started to take a turn for general sentiment.

Echo

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Mt. Whatever
Less interesting from the start.
More expensive.
Bad release schedule.
Fear of episodic games thanks to how it's turned out for others lately.
Bad word of mouth. (All of my friends who tried it so far don't like it compared to LiS 1 which we all loved.)

JahIthBer

Jan 27, 2018
The first one came out at the perfect time i think, people were a bit sick of HOO RAH BALD AMERICAN MARINES POW POW shooting games & a more relaxed point & click like game was different, big bonus points because the cast is focused around women which is rare.

Also yeah probably waifu's too.

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
For me, there has been nothing memorable at all in 2. The characters, chemistry, power, setting, and music were all pitch perfect in the first one. In 2 all the characters are very forgettable and one note. Thank god for recaps, cus I wouldn't remember anything from the previous episode without looking it up.

SCUMMbag

Prophet of Truth - Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
No waifus is sadly the most accurate one. Lesbian shipping aside, season 2 is much better.

eXistor

Oct 27, 2017
I always with until the final episode is out with episodic games. I need to be able to play it from beginning to end otherwise my interest will wane after 1 or 2 episodes. So LiS2 is essentially not relevant to me yet. I have the physical version pre-ordered though.

Hadok

Feb 14, 2018
Not this thread again lol.

1)A lot of people are waiting for the final episode to jump in
2)the game is not about mysteries and plot twists,so there is no really theories to think about between episodes.
3)the game is more mature than the first one,and probably young adults and teenagers will prefer the first season because teenage drama and classic teenage characters.
4)the game is more ambitious than the first one,so the wait between episode is unfortunately longer.
edit: also the price.

Game has some flaws (like the first season) ,some things are better than the first season(writing/dialogue,choice/consequence,graphics),some are worse(a road trip is less appealing than a "twin peaks"-like story),but it's a really interesting one,with a totally different narrative.
And It's a really important game dealing with very important themes

Last edited:

Danteyke223

Banned
Oct 24, 2018
This might get me banned (also some light spoilers) but.... People like to pretend they support minority characters in videogames but as soon as they're actually released and not LGBT, or women they threw their arms up and go make excuses why they dont like the characters.

This forum particularly keeps saying the first one had better writing, but oddly enough I found Life Is Strange 2 to be better in all aspects. It's also much more depressing (which i love cause i like depressing stuff) . A lot of people here I think blew the game off as soon as it turned out you ain't playing as a women and an LGBT character and it turned the main leads were males. Which is odd cause im white male - 29 years old and people like to assume I wouldnt play a game with POC main lead games - yet i bawled my heart out at the end of episode 1 and parts of episode 4 cause the game actually tackles a lot of interesting topics.

After playing four episodes through I have to say this is my game of the year in terms of story ( I know the first ep came out in 2018). It hits home a lot, and the topics brought up range from racism, abandonment to, a women's place in society and what is expecting from them, and whether they have regrets on some life decisions. The fourth episode deals with some religion. There's a lot of somber talk about relationships that I haven't seen in videogames for awhile, or if ever. There's also Captain Awesome side content that deals with loss and broken family, plus in a way survivor's guilt in terms of the young kid blaming himself for the passing of the mother.

I also wonder whether the people complaining about the brother aspect are having issues cause they never had siblings or if they had their siblings were ok to deal with, but the fact is not every brother relationship is perfect and younger brothers / sisters can be difficult ... and with this story arc I don't feel that the younger brother should be super perfect and rational.

People want games to be taken seriously as an art form and LiS2 is damn near perfect for that. I think a lot of people either will need to replay it when all of the episodes are out, or they need to realign their expectations as to how characters can be written in a dramatic story.

Grath

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Maybe I'm misunderstanding what waifu means in this context but are there really throngs of people dreaming of fucking Max or Chloe?

Flandy

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
For me it's that I preordered the first game for like $14 and the sequel released for $40. In that time I've never seen it be on sale less than $20 and between that the bad release schedule, and the ehhh impressions I just lost interest in it

Common Knowledge

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Popular female character = waifu sentiment is annoying as shit. But I guess lonely assholes can only relate to female characters if they want to fuck them.

julia crawford

Took the red AND the blue pills
Oct 27, 2017
Still gotta play this... honestly i really want to play Vampyr before this.

Aaaaaan tbh femc was one of the main reasons why LiS caught my eye. That and i really liked Remember Me. This one is more of a known quantity.

Dogenzaka

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 20, 2019
Man, the amount of people talking about waifus and how everyone just fetishized the characters in the first game really shows the lens they're looking at LiS with and how they don't understand the audience the game appealed to the most.

Flame Lord

Oct 26, 2017
For me, they fucked up with the release schedule, time powers are more interesting than regular telekenesis, also you don't even have the powers, and lastly I think being in one place and solving a mystery there over a set amount of episodes is more interesting than the road trip thing they have going on.

Meows

Oct 28, 2017
I think Sean is a more interesting character than Max, granted I am only three episodes in. I really like him and you can do cool (yet subtle) things in helping mold his character. Like, I liked that I could establish that he was gay in the third episode but I could have also defined him as straight, bisexual, unsure, etc. It was a cool moment. I'd take Chloe over Daniel any day of the week though, even if seeing how Daniel can change based on your choices is interesting. I find him really annoying lol.

The horrible release schedule hurt the game bad and the second half of the first episode didn't help interest people. I found the episodes that followed much better, imho.

TheBaldwin

Feb 25, 2018
For me it's that I'm sick of the novelty of episodic gaming and the release gaps between each episode are kinda ridiculous

I'll grab the game for sure when it's complete though

Danteyke223

Banned
Oct 24, 2018
I'd take Chloe over Daniel any day of the week though, even if seeing how Daniel can change based on your choices is interesting. I find him really annoying lol.
People don't really seem to understand that siblings can be annoying as hell at times and pretty dumb ( have a brother 10years younger than me so maybe that's why i can releate to this game). Making him annoying is more fun and realistic than making him super smart or a good boy. It would mean there would be no internal conflict between the brothers, and you would be bored out of your skull

VaanXSnake

Banned
Jul 18, 2018
Bad story, weak characters, we're waiting too much to have another episode, writing is a mess... I won't bother with the last episode and I'm starting to dislike with a passion episodic games...

Almagest

Oct 28, 2017
Spain
I'm waiting for all episodes to be out before giving it another chance. I played episode one and liked it, but it surely didn't grab me as strongly as the original did.

Zed

Oct 28, 2017
People saying LiS 1's main audience was something along the lines of "a bunch of horny males in it for the lesbians" seems like quite an exaggeration.

If you look at the stats here, the very last of the minor choices is how Max interacts with Warren at the end.

68% of players chose to kiss him. I don't think many people playing it "for the lesbians" are going to kiss Warren.

Deleted member 17184

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't know about anyone else, but I'm really glad they're exploring challenges that the Latinx community faces - every day if they're immigrants or descendants.
Tame compared to pulling the heartstrings and emotions compared to the first. It's just hard to feel much of anything between the brothers and the people they encounter.
I disagree. People don't talk enough about what Latinx have to deal with. I'm hoping LiS2 helps increase that conversation. Maybe it's not relatable to you, but it's important to think about how it can feel like what Sean and Dan deal with for us. Even if the most obvious layer of the story is the trip to Mexico, there's more to it: how sometimes we feel like we don't belong, how we're only defined by our race, and how we can get separated from those we care about (like Sean's friends in Seattle) and the lives we have.

Mass_Pincup

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The release schedule is a bit of a disaster for me, I still haven't played episode 4.

Being woke about lesbian ships >>>> Being woke about cop brutality and minorities.

Its sad but its the truth. I saw in this forum that people didnt think it was an "important story".

That's sadly the case. Couldn't believe what was said when the game was announced.

Meows

Oct 28, 2017
People don't really seem to understand that siblings can be annoying as hell at times and pretty dumb ( have a brother 10years younger than me so maybe that's why i can releate to this game). Making him annoying is more fun and realistic than making him super smart or a good boy. It would mean there would be no internal conflict between the brothers, and you would be bored out of your skull
No, I know it is actually pretty realistic considering what he is going through but I just get tired of babying him when all he is gonna do is be an asshole when all I've done is be responsible with him lol. Like I said, seeing how his character shift due to your choices is interesting and some moments of brotherly love is quite moving. I loved finally getting a break from him and enjoying time with all the homeless people working at the factory.