Deleted member 4413

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Keep in mind I'm not as good at making gifs as I am at making avatars, but meh, it's ok I guess.

tbMAqhq.gif

Lol amazing.

T2 is the conclusion to the Terminator movies in my eyes. Those other sequels never happened.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
I've never seen a Terminator movie tbh
You only need to see Terminator 2 honestly, one of the best action movies ever made. I'm not nearly as big a fan of the original as I am the sequel.

Also, it's a time travel movie, so we're technically still somewhat on topic talking about it in here lol.

ExMachina

Oct 25, 2017
USA
Those are amazing! Wow I really love your art style and the colors you choose!
Thanks! Gotta be on point with colors when doing LiS fanart, IMO. :P

OH! MY! GOD! I LOVE IT!

Thank you so much for doing this! Both of them are amazing, but let's be honest here, Dana is looking GORGEOUS! Wowsers!
You're very welcome! Super stoked that you like 'em (especially Dana). It's good likeness practice and I always dig doing art of characters who deserve more love.

Thank you. :3

b^^

Thank you so much. Your fanart of Brooke and Dana is amazing! Thank you, thank you, thank you! <3
My pleasure! Was super fun drawing Brooke... and this sounds kinda weird, but I gain a new appreciation for LiS's character faces whenever I have to stare at them for reference lol.

Yo draw me a kickass Chloe avatar? Your art is hella dope and I have a neeeeeeed
Ah, thanks! I can definitely put Chloe next on the queue, doesn't take much to motivate me to draw her haha. just has to be avatar-worthy, no pressure *sweats*

Echo

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Mt. Whatever
Ah, sleeping during the day always makes me miss out on the good stuff.

I'd be down for another Decknine game which focuses on the side characters at blackwell. Like a series of supplemental mini-episodes.

mudai

Oct 27, 2017

Hahahahaha, this is great. Another one for the collection, thank you! Love all the attention Brooke is getting all the sudden. <3

It's interesting that they ended up combining 3 different Brooke concepts to give us the one we ALL know and LOVE.

Yeah, I like how they combined the best of the different concepts and put them together!

<3

Roses are red. Violets are blue. Life might be strange. But you all are hella cool! <3

brooke_x_max_by_rikkustarling-dagmte8.png

Last edited:

mudai

Oct 27, 2017
I'm glad you liked it :D
I would do more, but I'm really bad at doing transparent backgrounds. That is the only Brooke head I have. And I have to thank Fantomas for it.
Also hope you like this one too :P

qQWI2GR.gif

I LOVE IT! This one will get some great usage, I'm sure! Thank you so much for putting the time and effort into these! <3 I also suck at transparent background, let alone creating gifs. So I'm always very grateful when others do those amazing and funny edits.

I can see Brooke in that comedy rap battle:

"Here's my drone's controller. PSYCH! That's the wrong controller!"

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Ok people. No one else posts about loving Dana except for me, so it's time to explain exactly why Dana is the best. Please take the time to read this entire post, however, if you have not played the game yet, there are some light spoilers here and there. Nothing major plot-wise, but it does spoil your chance to get to know Dana on your own.

Reason #1: Dana is nice.

3UWKfDG.png

Dana is one of the all-around nicest people at Blackwell Academy, and certainly the nicest member of the Vortex Club. When we first see Dana, Max notes that she is "such an archetypal gorgeous cheerleader" in her head, but then quickly reminds herself that Dana is actually really nice to her though, so she shouldn't judge her so much for being preppy. When we next encounter Dana, she is in the dorms having just gotten locked into her own room by her best friend, Juliet. Juliet locked her in the room because Victoria told her that Dana was sexting with Juliet's boyfriend, Zachary. Of course, Max is unable to believe that this is true because Dana is so nice, why would she try to get with her best friend's boyfriend? That's not very nice. So, of course, Max finds out that Victoria was lying, and brings the proof to Juliet, who then unlocks Dana's door. In episode 2, we meet Dana again in the morning, after she had just spent the night together with her new boyfriend, Trevor. Dana is very happy about this new relationship, as she had just gotten over being with her ex-boyfriend, therefore she is dancing on her bed while listening to some upbeat pop rock. Dana then very nicely invites Max to come to the Halloween party that she is planning for the school, which Max is not so sure about, but Dana is very nice all the same. In episode 3, we again meet Dana in her room at the start and she has a nice chat with Max, and is very nice to her the whole time. In episode 4, we meet Dana at the party and she invites Max to dance with her, and although Max turns her offer down, it is yet another very nice thing of her to do.

Reason #2: Dana is caring.

4DXMrUO.png

Dana genuinely cares for the well being of her friends, and even students that she doesn't know that well at Blackwell. In episode 1, as I mentioned before, Dana is accused of sexting with Juliet's boyfriend, Zachary. Because she cares so much about her best friend, Juliet, she pleads with Max to go search Victoria's room because she knows Victoria must have had something to with this lie. As the player, we immediately go and do this, because we agree with Dana, how would someone so caring ever do that to their friend? Obviously Dana is telling the truth, which we confirm. In episode 2, towards the end when SPOILER is about to SPOILER, we see Dana and Juliet together outside the dorms. Dana is looking very concerned, because she cares about SPOILER's well-being, and is hugging her friend Juliet, not only because she is very worried about what SPOILER might be about to do, but because she cares about Juliet and her feelings on this matter as well. This is another instance of Dana being a very caring person, which is only further elaborated on in episode 3. In episode 3, as noted before, we talk to Dana again in her room. She is very broken up about what happened to SPOILER the day before. Regardless of the outcome, she has a very caring chat with Max about those events, and is very supportive of Max's feelings about it. Max tries to comfort her as well, though it's not like Dana really needs much comforting, which leads us in to reason number 3.

Reason #3: Dana is independent.

k4SZKYn.jpg

Dana is possibly one of the most independent characters in the entire game, relying on really no one but herself to make it through some really rough things. In episode 1, as previously mentioned, we meet Dana in her dorm room. Upon searching through her room, Max finds a pregnancy test, which came out positive, meaning that Dana was pregnant. Upon speaking with her about this, Dana reveals that she is no longer pregnant, though she was at one point. This, along with a note on her table about an appointment at a clinic, leads us to believe that Dana had an abortion. However, we also see that Dana had purchased some books about parenting, so we know that she did seriously consider her options here. Being the independent person that she is, Dana came to the conclusion that she would have an abortion because she was not ready to become a mother yet at this point in her life, which is a very difficult decision to make, especially when faced with it all by herself. We know this to be true because we can also see in a note that her ex-boyfriend, Logan, was not really there for her during this time, as he notes that he "pussed out" and then offered her some money. Dana did not need money from him of course, what she needed was some support and to know that he would be there for her no matter what her choice was. However, she did not get that from him, so therefore she dumped him and instead started dating Trevor, who we see come out of her room at the beginning of episode 2, implying that he likely stayed the night with her. We also know that Justin had a crush on Dana, as can be assumed when he is chatting with her in the beginning of episode 1, and is confirmed when Max talks to him in episode 2. However, Dana was likely not that interested in Justin romantically, so she made her own independent choice to pursue Trevor instead.

oI2uWWn.gif

So, if you've read all of this and for some reason you are still thinking to yourself "Meh, I don't get why Fantomas likes Dana so much, she's not all that great really," then I simply do not know what else to say! Dana is one of the best people in this entire game! We should all hope to be as nice, caring, and independent as Dana already is at the young age of 18.

Last edited:

Hail Satan

Oct 27, 2017
Ok people. No one else posts about loving Dana except for me, so it's time to explain exactly why Dana is the best. Please take the time to read this entire post, however, if you have not played the game yet, there are some light spoilers here and there. Nothing major plot-wise, but it does spoil your chance to get to know Dana on your own.

Reason #1: Dana is nice.

3UWKfDG.png

Dana is one of the all-around nicest people at Blackwell Academy, and certainly the nicest member of the Vortex Club. When we first see Dana, Max notes that she is "such an archetypal gorgeous cheerleader" in her head, but then quickly reminds herself that Dana is actually really nice to her though, so she shouldn't judge her so much for being preppy. When we next encounter Dana, she is in the dorms having just gotten locked into her own room by her best friend, Juliet. Juliet locked her in the room because Victoria told her that Dana was sexting with Juliet's boyfriend, Zachary. Of course, Max is unable to believe that this is true because Dana is so nice, why would she try to get with her best friend's boyfriend? That's not very nice. So, of course, Max finds out that Victoria was lying, and brings the proof to Juliet, who then unlocks Dana's door. In episode 2, we meet Dana again in the morning, after she had just spent the night together with her new boyfriend, Trevor. Dana is very happy about this new relationship, as she had just gotten over being with her ex-boyfriend, therefore she is dancing on her bed while listening to some upbeat pop rock. Dana then very nicely invites Max to come to the Halloween party that she is planning for the school, which Max is not so sure about, but Dana is very nice all the same. In episode 3, we again meet Dana in her room at the start and she has a nice chat with Max, and is very nice to her the whole time. In episode 4, we meet Dana at the party and she invites Max to dance with her, and although Max turns her offer down, it is yet another very nice thing of her to do.

Reason #2: Dana is caring.

4DXMrUO.png

Dana genuinely cares for the well being of her friends, and even students that she doesn't know that well at Blackwell. In episode 1, as I mentioned before, Dana is accused of sexting with Juliet's boyfriend, Zachary. Because she cares so much about her best friend, Juliet, she pleads with Max to go search Victoria's room because she knows Victoria must have had something to with this lie. As the player, we immediately go and do this, because we agree with Dana, how would someone so caring ever do that to their friend? Obviously Dana is telling the truth, which we confirm. In episode 2, towards the end when SPOILER is about to SPOILER, we see Dana and Juliet together outside the dorms. Dana is looking very concerned, because she cares about SPOILER's well-being, and is hugging her friend Juliet, not only because she is very worried about what SPOILER might be about to do, but because she cares about Juliet and her feelings on this matter as well. This is another instance of Dana being a very caring person, which is only further elaborated on in episode 3. In episode 3, as noted before, we talk to Dana again in her room. She is very broken up about what happened to SPOILER the day before. Regardless of the outcome, she has a very caring chat with Max about those events, and is very supportive of Max's feelings about it. Max tries to comfort her as well, though it's not like Dana really needs much comforting, which leads us in to reason number 3.

Reason #3: Dana is independent.

k4SZKYn.jpg

Dana is possibly one of the most independent characters in the entire game, relying on really no one but herself to make it through some really rough things. In episode 1, as previously mentioned, we meet Dana in her dorm room. Upon searching through her room, Max finds a pregnancy test, which came out positive, meaning that Dana was pregnant. Upon speaking with her about this, Dana reveals that she is no longer pregnant, though she was at one point. This, along with a note on her table about an appointment at a clinic, leads us to believe that Dana had an abortion. However, we also see that Dana had purchased some books about parenting, so we know that she did seriously consider her options here. Being the independent person that she is, Dana came to the conclusion that she would have an abortion because she was not ready to become a mother yet at this point in her life, which is a very difficult decision to make, especially when faced with it all by herself. We know this to be true because we can also see in a note that her ex-boyfriend, Logan, was not really there for her during this time, as he notes that he "pussed out" and then offered her some money. Dana did not need money from him of course, what she needed was some support and to know that he would be there for her no matter what her choice was. However, she did not get that from him, so therefore she dumped him and instead started dating Trevor, who we see come out of her room at the beginning of episode 2, implying that he likely stayed the night with her. We also know that Justin had a crush on Dana, as can be assumed when he is chatting with her in the beginning of episode 1, and is confirmed when Max talks to him in episode 2. However, Dana was likely not that interested in Justin romantically, so she made her own independent choice to pursue Trevor instead.

iBWpcBh.gif

So, if you've read all of this and for some reason you are still thinking to yourself "Meh, I don't get why Fantomas likes Dana so much, she's not all that great really," then I simply do not know what else to say! Dana is one of the best people in this entire game! We should all hope to be as nice, caring, and independent as Dana already is at the young age of 18.

Fuck yeah! Great write up and some great points.

I really love how Dana is so nice to everyone and constantly commends Max for being such a good person. She really is one of the nicest characters in the game and doesn't really care to engage with any school yard politics, like popularity or status. She's almost like the polar opposite of Victoria. I was really happy to see her return in BtS too.

I still don't like that she can't figure out how to open a door that locks on her end, but if anything she probably thought Juliet didn't know how doors worked so she was just being nice again.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
but if anything she probably thought Juliet didn't know how doors worked so she was just being nice again.
A very good point indeed!

And yes, I didn't even touch on her in BtS, though there isn't really all that much added to her. We know that she was playing Miranda in The Tempest, and we see her rehearsing with Hayden in episode 1. Dana is a much better actress than Hayden, but she is still very nice and doesn't ridicule him when he forgets his lines.

Damn Silly

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, Dana's pretty cool. Wish you interacted a bit more with her actually, as I tend to kind of forget about her when it comes to characters.

Deleted member 4413

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I like Dana. Not enough to write an essay about why, but I dig it all the same.

Her character gets explored a bit more in some fanfics which I was happy about.

broncobuster

Oct 26, 2017
I'll give Dana this, she's one of the top five girls living in the Blackwell dorms.

Obviously, Max and Kate are the top two.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
I'll give Dana this, she's one of the top five girls living in the Blackwell dorms.

Obviously, Max and Kate are the top two.
I would argue that Dana is the 4th best character in the entire game, as can be seen in my totally 100% objective character ranking that I did a couple of days ago.

Chloe > Max > Kate > Dana > Rachel > Steph > Mikey > Joyce > Ms. Grant > Samuel > Bongo, Chloe's Deceased Cat > Alice, Kate's Bunny > Pompidou, Frank's Dog > Hawt Dawg Man > Skip > Brooke > Most Of The Other Blackwell Students > Frank > Lisa The Plant > Warren > Victoria > Principal Wells > David > Everyone Else I Didn't List So Far > All Of The Skeevy Club Duders from BtS > Nathan > Eliot > Damon > Jefferson

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
I beat the first game a few weeks ago and then BtS.

It's pretty much impossible to pick bay because it essentially just erases everything, except now Max has severe ptsd and likely severe depression that could literally never be explained to anyone, let alone a psychologist. If she tried to explain it, they would think they she was delusional and possibly schizophrenic. Oh right, and uh she has to be with chloe.

Hail Satan

Oct 27, 2017

It's pretty much impossible to pick bay because it essentially just erases everything, except now Max has severe ptsd and likely severe depression that could literally never be explained to anyone, let alone a psychologist. If she tried to explain it, they would think they she was delusional and possibly schizophrenic. Oh right, and uh she has to be with chloe.

Agreed.

I know sacrificing Chloe is probably best as the canon ending, but I just can't let her go. Besides I had no guarantee sacrificing Chloe would end the storm.

Especially after playing BtS theres no way I could sacrifice her. I'm not a monster.

Deleted member 11025

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Yeah, that was one of the many reasons why I chose bae.

Oct 25, 2017
Agreed.

I know sacrificing Chloe is probably best as the canon ending, but I just can't let her go. Besides I had no guarantee sacrificing Chloe would end the storm.

Especially after playing BtS theres no way I could sacrifice her. I'm not a monster.

That was one of my issues with how they structured the game, actually. I get why especially in an episodic series they start with the storm dream before you have to sit through damn pretentious teacher table-setting, but it really should have come after Max uses her powers for the first time, because it's clear the narrative says that all the stuff is a result of her time powers being used, but we see the effects before the time powers. Which I suppose you could explain in a timey-wimey Doctor Who fashion of "time travel" but it doesn't really hold in the context of the rest of the game.

Hail Satan

Oct 27, 2017
That was one of my issues with how they structured the game, actually. I get why especially in an episodic series they start with the storm dream before you have to sit through damn pretentious teacher table-setting, but it really should have come after Max uses her powers for the first time, because it's clear the narrative says that all the stuff is a result of her time powers being used, but we see the effects before the time powers. Which I suppose you could explain in a timey-wimey Doctor Who fashion of "time travel" but it doesn't really hold in the context of the rest of the game.

Yeah that's exactly how I feel as well. Because of the storms introduction and place in the narrative it felt as if they took a metaphor and tried to apply it to real world events.

A storm does indeed come, we know because we witness the arrival and aftermath in later episodes, but we have no real sign of what started it or how it can be contained or controlled. Max reads it as a sign or metaphor and bases her decisions on that.

I mean, sure, technically Max's theory that the storm is tied to saving Chloe does prove to be true, but she didn't know it would work until it did. She made a guess that if she sacrifices Chloe the storm wouldn't come. I wasn't going to kill Chloe on a theory.

I know that's not really how stories work, it's mostly just me trying to find a loophole to make the decision i want and divest myself of the responsibility of the consequences, but fuck. I want my happy ending and I'll take any loophole I can find.

Last edited:

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
Well Max doesn't really see it metaphorically as soon as the snow happens. At that point she feels like the storm is really coming. The eclipse kind of confirms it for her though. Either way, the way the storm and how/why/when she gets her powers is all pretty vague, which I think makes it more fair to save chloe.

Hail Satan

Oct 27, 2017
Well Max doesn't really see it metaphorically as soon as the snow happens. At that point she feels like the storm is really coming. The eclipse kind of confirms it for her though. Either way, the way the storm and how/why/when she gets her powers is all pretty vague, which I think makes it more fair to save chloe.

Oh yeah, the storm is definitely real to Max, even confirmed to be real later on, I meant more that the storm read more to me as a metaphorical device based on it's parallel to the game's events. More like, a storm is coming because of the actions we take. However, there's nothing to suggest that the actions we take are literally connected to the storm's arrival because the storms existence was not shown to be predicated on one event. Because, asfuchsdhsaid, Max was made aware of the storm before any of her uses of time travel.

But of course stories aren't meant to be broken down like this. I'm just rambling to justify my actions because I'm selfish and I want a very specific ending. Hail Pricefield :)

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah that's exactly how I feel as well. Because of the storms introduction and place in the narrative it felt as if they took a metaphor and tried to apply it to real world events.

A storm does indeed come, we know because we witness the arrival and aftermath in later episodes, but we have no real sign of what started it or how it can be contained or controlled. Max reads it as a sign or metaphor and bases her decisions on that.

I mean, sure, technically Max's theory that the storm is tied to saving Chloe does prove to be true, but she didn't know it would work until it did. She made a guess that if she sacrifices Chloe the storm wouldn't come. I wasn't going to kill Chloe on a theory.

I know that's not really how stories work, it's mostly just me trying to find a loophole to make the decision i want and divest myself of the responsibility of the consequences, but fuck. I want my happy ending and I'll take any loophole I can find.

It might just have been a casualty of LiS being a small production. You had a longer game you could probably have explained it a bit better, or alternatively restructured the final ep. I can definitely see how that uncertainty over causality would lead people to vote with their hearts not their heads :)

On the other hand that's one of the reasons I went with sacrificing her. From what we see there's every indication to me that Max and Chloe can outrun the storms, but they'll still be creating more wherever they go, either because Max's power usage is what causes it or because it's 'fated' that Chloe dies and ever attempt to avert that just causes more damage. One of the reasons I don't think they could ever really follow up the events of the game satisfactorily—aside from the emotional responses for the chosen ending, exploring post-credits just opens up a lot more questions that would not have good answers.

Hail Satan

Oct 27, 2017
It might just have been a casualty of LiS being a small production. You had a longer game you could probably have explained it a bit better, or alternatively restructured the final ep. I can definitely see how that uncertainty over causality would lead people to vote with their hearts not their heads :)

On the other hand that's one of the reasons I went with sacrificing her. From what we see there's every indication to me that Max and Chloe can outrun the storms, but they'll still be creating more wherever they go, either because Max's power usage is what causes it or because it's 'fated' that Chloe dies and ever attempt to avert that just causes more damage. One of the reasons I don't think they could ever really follow up the events of the game satisfactorily—aside from the emotional responses for the chosen ending, exploring post-credits just opens up a lot more questions that would not have good answers.

Oh yeah they'll probably never follow these characters again, sadly, although...

As you said they can outrun the storm and potentially cause more, that does suggest that not only can Max control time but Chloe can guide storms by leading them around the world. Theyd control the ultimate destruction and time itself. That would make quite the bad ass duo to go on a journey with :)

Deleted member 4413

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh yeah they'll probably never follow these characters again, sadly, although...

As you said they can outrun the storm and potentially cause more, that does suggest that not only can Max control time but Chloe can guide storms by leading them around the world. Theyd control the ultimate destruction and time itself. That would make quite the bad ass duo to go on a journey with :)

Ooh, Max could literally be Mad Max in a post apocalyptic world with Chloe bringing those giant storms that sweep across the wastes. LiS x Mad Max crossover when?