• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP
Pirate Bae

Pirate Bae

Edelgard Feet Appreciator
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
??
Pirate Bae

Chloe smiling is my aesthetic.

Sorry that took a while... Got distracted from arting and when I started on Chloe I had to draw her 3 times...? Lol.

I still think your avatar is super cute (the simple forms work better at the smaller sizes, IMO) but I threw together 2 options for you:

https://abload.de/img/chloe_bluefau0j.png
https://abload.de/img/chloe_transparentl3ufi.png
Aaaaahhhahahahahah this is amazing I love it and I love uouuuuu

R.T Straker

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Pirate Bae

Sorry that took a while... Got distracted from arting and when I started on Chloe I had to draw her 3 times...? Lol.

I still think your avatar is super cute (the simple forms work better at the smaller sizes, IMO) but I threw together 2 options for you:

Whoa, those are awesome!

I especially love the Rachel one.

You are very talented!

ExMachina

Oct 25, 2017
USA
Wow! That looks great! I love the ones with Rachel and Max too, so cute!
Thank you~ And yea, shippy art is fun yo.

:) These are so awesome! I love Chloe's smirk in the one with Max so much!
Thanks! It felt like an appropriate expression - trying to play it cool while Max takes a selfie, but can't help but let a smile sneak onto her face. :P

Yep, these are amazing!
Aw, thank you. :)

Aaaaahhhahahahahah this is amazing I love it and I love uouuuuu
:DDD Always down to share in the Chloe love, hehe.

Whoa, those are awesome!

I especially love the Rachel one.

You are very talented!
Thank you! Rachel is definitely harder for me to nail down, so I'm glad you dig it.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
What? No. That decision was about Chloe and Max, no one else; by virtue of its consequences, it couldn't be about anyone but them.

Though I'm curious to hear if that changes anyone's answer.
That's true. So then with saving chloe
would they go to seattle after leaving? They have no money, so I'm not sure what else they could do.

Rockstar

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
US
Pirate Bae

Pirate Bae

that's awesome! pretty nice art

Rockstar

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
US
Guys...to honor the awesomeness of LiS I made a video tribute of it.

I had a blast doing it, can't wait to play the bonus episode next month.

OP
OP
Pirate Bae

Pirate Bae

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
??
OP
OP
Pirate Bae

Pirate Bae

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
??

PVRIS is pronounced Paris.

I also think this song is lowkey Pricefield and I've been emotional about it for like three days.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Would you like to engage in said activity avec moi?

fwf5dnL.gif

Rockstar

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
US
Last edited:

Hail Satan

Oct 27, 2017

magiccarpet

Feb 14, 2018
Nice to meet you guys, I'm new here :)

I discovered this channel after Katy Bentz — Steph's voice actress — mentioned the Pricerich video on her twitter and I thought I would share it here:

The author made some other great videos:

Honestly I would have preferred BtS to tackle these subjects and be more like that, instead of playing it "too safe" like D9 did :/

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017

I discovered this channel after Katy Bentz — Steph's voice actress — mentioned the Pricerich video on her twitter and I thought I would share it here:

Honestly I would have preferred BtS to tackle these subjects and be more like that, instead of playing it "too safe" like D9 did :/

First of all, hi! Welcome to the community thread! I like your avatar, I think you're the first person with a Rachel one that I've seen in here!

That Steph and Chloe video is great haha! I haven't watched that tabletop one yet, because I got distracted when I saw this one on the recommended videos list while watching the first one.

I kind of love Dana, so this is amazing lol.

magiccarpet

Feb 14, 2018
First of all, hi! Welcome to the community thread! I like your avatar, I think you're the first person with a Rachel one that I've seen in here!

That Steph and Chloe video is great haha! I haven't watched that tabletop one yet, because I got distracted when I saw this one on the recommended videos list while watching the first one.

I kind of love Dana, so this is amazing lol.

I'm mainly a fan of punk Rachel, who wasn't shown long enough in the game in my opinion!

Oh right I haven't seen this video before. Dana is a great character who was somehow too transparent and shallow in the prequel, which begs the question: was it really useful to bring her back in the prequel for such a minor role?

Last edited:

Hail Satan

Oct 27, 2017

Lol that video is amazing

And welcome to one of the best threads on the Internet!

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
I'm mainly a fan of punk Rachel, who wasn't shown long enough in the game in my opinion!

Oh right I haven't seen this video before. Dana is a great character which was somehow too transparent and shallow in the prequel, which begs the question: was it really useful to bring her back in the prequel for such a minor role?
Yeah, they didn't really do much with Dana at all in the prequel. We see her practicing for the play at the beginning of episode 1, and then in episode 2 she's a nervous wreck backstage, and that's about it, we never even get to talk to her. I think she's in that group text conversation that you get at the start of episode 3 too, but that barely counts as an appearance haha.

Like, I guess I'm not going to complain that they brought her back, but it would have been nice if we could at least talk to her once lol. I remember seeing her in episode 2 and being like, "Nice, I can go talk to Dana!" but then it turned out I couldn't.

Oct 27, 2017
Just finished Before the Storm and I thoroughly enjoyed it. The writers did a great job of navigating the inherent problems with prequels by telling an effective, smaller scale story with a focus on characterization. Chloe and Rachel were both written and performed very well and as long as their relationship was front and center, the series worked very well. Which is probably why episode 3 was the weakest, with them being separate for the majority of the runtime. Like season 1, there was some stilted dialogue and subpar voice acting here and there, but it didn't bother me too much there and it doesn't here either. My only real complaint with BtS was the feeling of some elements of the story moving too quickly. I really think that 5 episodes would have worked a lot better, or maybe timeskips between what we got.

The music selection was great, just like season 1.

Overall, Deck Nine did a great job (except whomever had the idea to include that terrible and unnecessary post credits scene) and I would love to see them do another season taking place in Arcadia Bay, with Dontnod planning to move on to a new setting and cast.

Now I think I will replay season 1 for the first time since it came out. Should be even more depressing than before, after getting to know Rachel as a character.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
I really think that 5 episodes would have worked a lot better, or maybe timeskips between what we got.
Hey, welcome to the community thread!

I definitely agree about this. 3 episodes felt way too short in my opinion. I think the story they were trying to tell probably would have been better if it had been stretched out over more than just 3 episodes, or yeah some time skips would have worked well too. The first two episodes were great with telling the story of Chloe and Rachel's relationship, but the main plot didn't really get going until episode 3, which led to that one feeling kind of rushed and inconsistent.

And yeah, the prequel does add some good context to the first game, especially since we actually know who Rachel is now, so I think it's pretty interesting to hear how all of the characters in the first game talk about her.

Overdoziz

Oct 26, 2017
I think they mostly just mismanaged the last episode. All the other ones had a nice place to them. Episode 3 was all over the place.

Hail Satan

Oct 27, 2017
Agreed. Making BtS 5 episodes might've dragged it too much but splitting episode 3 into two parts would've been great.

I loved BtS but it felt like a 4 act story told in 3 parts. I think 4 episodes would've been the ideal.

Maxime

Oct 27, 2017
I cannot get behind the idea that Deck Nine needed five episodes for their story when they put like 90% of the plot in the last episode and did not take advantage of all three. By any means, and to me at least, three episodes was already too much for the story they wanted to tell.

Oct 27, 2017
Hey, welcome to the community thread!

Thanks!

I did appreciate that the episodes were fairly lengthy, unlike the recent Telltale games I've played, with their 60 to 90 min episodes.

And although episode 3 had its issues, I thought that episode 2 was really excellent and one of the best in the series. Everything from the play to the ending was fantastic.

Deleted member 4413

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I cannot get behind the idea that Deck Nine needed five episodes for their story when they put like 90% of the plot in the last episode and did not take advantage of all three. By any means, and to me at least, three episodes was already too much for the story they wanted to tell.

Then we wouldn't have gotten all the awesome moments from episode 1 & 2, which were definitely the highlight between the 3 episodes. LiS took some time setting up the characters and the story as well and it was a better game for it. I think that having 4 episodes would have been ideal. The 3rd episode wouldn't have needed to be rushed and we could have gotten more moments to develop the story and characters a little better.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
Well I think with BTS

they were ultimately trying to just get the message across that Rachel was basically just like her real mom, and long term would be bad for Chloe and burn her, like what ghost William said. It seems kind of obvious though

Damn Silly

Oct 25, 2017
Welcome fellow newbies (newbaes?)!

tenor.gif

As for BtS, while I loved it regardless, it did certainly feel like it sprinted towards the end in ep 3. Perhaps an additional main episode + the bonus one to have the same amount of episodes as the original would've worked a little better.

Damn Silly

Oct 25, 2017
If and when Insert Coin puts some of their Life Is Strange range on sale, I could definitely see myself picking up a few shirts. Much like Chloe, I don't fancy paying 20-odd for one T-shirt however.
The Cliffy B tweeting about LiS saga continues!

I can't believe I only just noticed the ramp foreshadowing that reveal at the end fairly recently. I feel so dumb >.<

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
I can't believe I only just noticed the ramp foreshadowing that reveal at the end fairly recently. I feel so dumb >.<
Yeah, this is something I only realized recently as well. I think it might have been someone on here or back in the BtS thread on GAF that pointed it out, I'm not sure, but I do remember being like "god damn, how did I miss that?" lol.