• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
Revival.

Decided to make my goal of 2021 to read many of my light novels.

So on to Accel World 17 and...it has another Haruyuki x Kirito story I guess, right when the AW got good lol.

Lord Arcadio

Oct 27, 2017
When do ebooks go on sale?

I bought the Monogatari humble bundle when that came out and I finally got around to it last year. I'm a slow reader so I just finished Tsukimonogatari. I have Koyomi parts 1 and 2 left from the bundle. After that, I'll need all of Owari and Zoku Owari.

RedHeat

Oct 25, 2017
Apologies for the minor necro-bump, but I'm getting into to the Cautious Hero series after really enjoying the anime. Does anyone know if the books stay the same or better quality after the Gaeabrande arc? I liked books 1 and 2 despite the lesser comedy compared to the anime and slightly emotionless dialog in the first book.

E_i

Oct 27, 2017
Yen Press has announced new audtiobooks:

Spice and Wolf
So I am a Spider, So What?
Rascal Dreams of Bunny Girl Senpai (This about the closest we'll get to an Englsih dub)

Last edited:

SaberVS7

Oct 25, 2017
Found Volume 1 of King's Proposal at Kinokuniya today - Was surprised that it's already being translated, given that Date a Live's English run didn't even start until after the LNs had already concluded in Japan.

E_i

Oct 27, 2017
J-Novel club announces an audiobook for Ascendence Of A Bookworm! And the VA for Mine is reading it.

SaberVS7

Oct 25, 2017
Decided to buy the whole damned Old Testament for shits and giggles
because it looks like after the first three individual volumes everything's out of print and going for ridiculous Scalper Prices now.

30-d0b64a73-895f-4738-9e6e-f220d97c97c0.jpg

30-3c62a15d-2fca-4d1d-b690-6cec6791cf72.jpg

Time to begin reading the sum literary achievement of Human Civilization.

NMNR

Oct 29, 2017
Hey folks just wondering what genres you guys read?

I would say I've recently converted from being an anime viewer to being more interested in light novels.

I've been binging a lot of Isekai at the moment:
Mushoku tensei
Evil Lord
Survival in another world with my mistress
Reborn as a space mercenary
My status as an assassin exceeds the hero

I guess I enjoy fantasy genre a fair bit. Any recommendations?

E_i

Oct 27, 2017
Hey folks just wondering what genres you guys read?

I would say I've recently converted from being an anime viewer to being more interested in light novels.

Reborn as a space mercenary

I guess I enjoy fantasy genre a fair bit. Any recommendations?

Yeah, Reborn As A Space Mercenary is lots of fun. Sarcastic space elves FTW.

NMNR

Oct 29, 2017
I've decided to read Classroom of the Elite. I watched the anime but it seems the light novel is significantly better material.

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
Binged the The Apothecary Diaries LN over the past few weeks, all caught up now. Hope the anime gets another couple of seasons that cover the later books, really good stuff in them.

Looks like the entire Rokka series is out in english. I really enjoyed the anime back in the day and it had a pretty great central mystery. Might pick this up to tide me over until Vol 11 of maomao.

NMNR

Oct 29, 2017
Binged the The Apothecary Diaries LN over the past few weeks, all caught up now. Hope the anime gets another couple of seasons that cover the later books, really good stuff in them.

Looks like the entire Rokka series is out in english. I really enjoyed the anime back in the day and it had a pretty great central mystery. Might pick this up to tide me over until Vol 11 of maomao.

I've started the anime. I'm hoping to carry on with the novels thereafter. I'm hoping it's entertaining!

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
I've started the anime. I'm hoping to carry on with the novels thereafter. I'm hoping it's entertaining!

I went through almost a book a day, I found them really entertaining and hard to put down. Excited to see peoples reactions to the anime as it progresses, the latest episode was especially amusing!