Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017

I wonder if Allen got kicked because his Chudness

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
But will this include the rest of the crew?

e6uaUeN.jpg

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
Is this going to be related to the Star Command cartoon?

Because I'd be down for that.

bigstef71

Banned
Jul 5, 2018
Chicago
It's probably because it's a younger Buzz. If Disney was going to replace Tim Allen they would've replaced him years ago.

Sep 14, 2019
Meghan McCain: "But why do they hate conservative actors?!"

I grew nostalgic for the Latin American dub of the first film, so I don't hold nostalgia for the American voices.

Deleted member 420

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's not the toy lol. It's the real person the toy is based off. Super interesting concept.
Like, the Buzz Lightyear toy was based off of someone in the Toy Story universe? Because I feel like he probably didn't do crazy space shit, more like a boring Neil Armstrong type, since Toy Story is set in like the last 20 years.

SaintBowWow

Oct 25, 2017
It's probably because it's a younger Buzz. If Disney was going to replace Tim Allen they would've replaced him years ago.
Isn't Buzz a younger Buzz though? He's a toy based on a Saturday morning cartoon character. The stock voice lines in the toy are presumably just audio clips from the show, so even an explanation that Allen is toy Buzz and Evans is TV Buzz doesn't fly with me. I vote NAY!

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Like, the Buzz Lightyear toy was based off of someone in the Toy Story universe? Because I feel like he probably didn't do crazy space shit, more like a boring Neil Armstrong type, since Toy Story is set in like the last 20 years.
Correct.

But it's fiction.They can invent what they want.

Oct 22, 2020
I'll be shocked if there isn't at least one Fox News segment tomorrow about Tim Allen being "dropped from Toy Story for being a Trump supporter."

LifeLine

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nah that voice is iconic to the character. Just retire the character, don't change the voice.

also what a boring idea.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
I'm puzzled as to wtf this is about? So this ISNT a Star Command movie, but a Pixar movie about an actual human astronaut?

Kaban

Oct 25, 2017
Ah, I get it now - it's about the 'real' Buzz Lightyear which the toy is based on? That's an interesting idea for a prequel - this is the image from Pixar's twiter

Eo6sCs7UcAEvnV-

Bjomesphat

Nov 5, 2017
I guess the idea of the real Buzz Lightyear is semi-interesting. Because I had zero interest in anything Toy Story related, with or without Allen.

Sebalt

Oct 28, 2017
I waited so many years for this, since that Toy Story 2 opening. Can't fucking wait.

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
No, the idea is the Buzz Lightyear toy is the toy of a TV series like Woody is. This is the in-universe Buzz Lightyear.

Ionitron

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
You know what, I'll take it. What they did to buzz in toy story 4 was criminal, and I'm saying that as someone that loved that movie.

Also this is just hype. This is like, an adventures of star command kinda deal I take it? Not actually toys?