Curler

Oct 26, 2017
It's primarily in danger due to being licensed to LRG. :/

LRG still releases everything they announce. The only exception being the cancelled Sharin no Kuni for Vita, and no one knows what's going on with the other Sekai Project titles that got announced (World End Economica and Narcissu).

Sephiroth

Oct 26, 2017
I wonder if the Hi-fi Rush physical release is endangered due to the closure of Tango. Would be criminal for that game not to see the light of day physically.

Nah. Microsoft can still get their payment up front and let LRG handle it. Would be nice knowing that any residuals would go to the affected, but that is not how this works sadly.

kodax_shc

Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
Nah. Microsoft can still get their payment up front and let LRG handle it. Would be nice knowing that any residuals would go to the affected, but that is not how this works sadly.

Sometimes physical releases involve folding patches (and sometimes DLC) into the game in what is effectively a special SKU just for the physical release, which would have required people at Tango to work that out.

I guess we don't know the kind of product limited run will offer but hopefully it's at least complete on disc regarding the need for bug fix patches.

Sephiroth

Oct 26, 2017
Sometimes physical releases involve folding patches (and sometimes DLC) into the game in what is effectively a special SKU just for the physical release, which would have required people at Tango to work that out.

I guess we don't know the kind of product limited run will offer but hopefully it's at least complete on disc regarding the need for bug fix patches.

They can have an unpaid intern get that master over to LRG easy peasy.

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
This one had an update at one point and I forget what that was, but there was some issues working on it.

They announced it June 14th, 2021 and said there'd be more information to come May 19th 2023. So, announced it almost three years ago and said there'd be an update almost a year ago. I'm not adding it to the "they release everything they announce" pile until they at least put it up for order.

Seafoam Gaming

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
They announced it June 14th, 2021 and said there'd be more information to come May 19th 2023. So, announced it almost three years ago and said there'd be an update almost a year ago. I'm not adding it to the "they release everything they announce" pile until they at least put it up for order.

Their subreddit account answered a question about it a few months ago with a generic "it's still coming!" So who knows lol

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
Finally got Radiant Silvergun from a reseller for way more than the original price. Not sure what they did but the back cover is almost unreadable. Such poor printing quality. Also got Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon 2 with alternate cover for a reasonable price. Not gonna bother with the first game looking at the prices. LRG can fuck off for all I care now. Awful business practices.

PallasKitten

Jul 11, 2022

View: https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/1788563319302836665?t=F_owVX-toFHYS5u6dtLhjA

Seems Hi-Fi Rush is still happening. Probably.

On a slightly unrelated note, I've been hearing adding a shipping box to an order can often hold it back, as it's treated as a separate "item" and placed into a lower priority queue. May explain why I've been waiting 4 months on Beacon Pines, since I added a shipping box to that order. Supposedly someone who works for another Embracer owned company said they received new rules this year stating any orders big enough to require a box are lower priority for shipping than orders that can ship in a standard mailer, so I imagine it may be a similar thing with LRG if that's true.

This is all hearsay I've read elsewhere, nothing concrete, but I can definitely believe it. Still wondering if my purple dot orders will even ship in boxes since they updated their FAQ to pretty much just say "only collector's edition games ship in a box by default". I still remember receiving a game in a bubble mailer several years ago from them and it was utterly crushed, so it'd be nice to not have to deal with something like that again.

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada

View: https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/1788563319302836665?t=F_owVX-toFHYS5u6dtLhjA

Seems Hi-Fi Rush is still happening. Probably.

On a slightly unrelated note, I've been hearing adding a shipping box to an order can often hold it back, as it's treated as a separate "item". May explain why I've been waiting 4 months on Beacon Pines, since I added a shipping box to that order. Supposedly someone who works for another Embracer owned company said they received new rules this year stating any orders big enough to require a box are lower priority for shipping than orders that can ship in a standard mailer, so I imagine it may be a similar thing with LRG if that's true.

This is all hearsay I've read elsewhere, nothing concrete, but I can definitely believe it. Still wondering if my purple dot orders will even ship in boxes since they updated their FAQ to pretty much just say "only collector's edition games ship in a box by default". I still remember receiving a game in a bubble mailer several years ago from them and it was utterly crushed, so it'd be nice to not have to deal with something like that again.

If true, that's trash. Their whole audience is collectors. What percentage are going to be happy with just a bubble mailer?

They should really just do boxes by default.

PallasKitten

Jul 11, 2022
If true, that's trash. Their whole audience is collectors. What percentage are going to be happy with just a bubble mailer?

They should really just do boxes by default.
I really don't get why they don't. I don't think boxes are even much more costly to ship than bubble mailers. I'm actually struggling to think of any other limited print game companies I've ordered from that don't send their games in boxes or cardboard envelopes by default, at least based on the ones I've ordered from throughout the years (Red Art Games, Fangamer, Strictly Limited Games, Super Rare Games, etc.).

SpiralEngine

Jul 6, 2023
With LRG, I've only done single-item orders with them twice, and both times the game came in a bubble mailer, so since then I usually try to order at least 2 things at a time from LRG so hopefully they ship it to me in a box. However, it looks like the only way to guarantee a box is to have an order of at least 3 games, since I've had orders of 2 games come in a bubble mailer as well.

apathetic

Oct 25, 2017
Think they have a bit in their FAQ about what is guaranteed to come in a box, and it's just Collectors Editions. Think there use to be a threshold of a certain number of games that guaranteed one as well but not seeing it there now.

Semoreh

Oct 28, 2017
France
Just received Arzette standard edition o/

I was about to preorder Rogue Legacy 2 and probably Lara Croft Collection and I've noticed they've considerably lowered their shipping cost to Europe. I tried to add several games to my cart and apparently shipping now costs $10.09 up to 7 games, and even then after that it only jumps to $13.51.

Before that it was I think around $13 up to 4 games and then it jumped to $18 or something.