• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

darz1

Dec 18, 2017
You guys never shook hands with the losing team after a big win? Seem to me like a sly gloating moment for Harris. Lol. Graham had to acknowledge her, that was like him admitting defeat.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I personally wouldn't have done this, but it's threads like these that make me realize how vastly out of step with the American electorate this board is.

We live in a world where the President acted like it was maybe okay to kidnap a governor. The electorate is fucking wild now. And it's only gonna become a wider divide as OANN and Newsmax add their voice to the Fox News Chorus.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
"It was only a debate" Kamala Harris immediately rubbing elbows with a person she pretended to be against drops it the second she gets political power?

I for one am shocked.

5jjCq6n.png

You're a big fan of TPUSA? Neat.

Big Baybee

Oct 27, 2017
ah yes. let's talk about what Bernie did wrong. why learn from our mistakes when we can just blame Bernie
Just pointing out hypocrisy. Folks don't bat an eye when he talks about reaching across the aisle to republican voters and politicians but shit on Biden daily for literally the same rhetoric, or when he gushes about his friendships with horrible people. No one cares when he constantly talks about coddling "white working class" voters. Can't help but notice the selective outrage.

Deleted member 4367

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wasn't there a thread about how Obama torpedoed Charlie Crist's political career by hugging him and everybody talking about how ridiculous that was?

Real

Oct 28, 2017
Politics as usual. You know a lot of the folks, On Capital Hill and in the WH, golf together regardless of party affiliation.

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Politicians are studio gangsters. A small percentage are real ones.
Politics as usual. You know a lot of the folks, On Capital Hill and in the WH, golf together regardless of party affiliation.
"If I get this hole in one, that's proof White Christians are better LOL!" -- playing golf with Lindsey Graham

At Beer # 5 Lindsey is doing his notorious Eddie Murphy impersonation.

Oct 25, 2017
I dont see the big deal, it's a couple of teammates sharing a fist bump let's not make a mountain out of a mole hill.

Zombegoast

Oct 30, 2017
I imagine every moderates and Republican behind the scene drinking whine and laughing at us.

Just like with the Reagan meme. Also fuck Reagan

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
As much as I'd like the standard greeting for Linsey Graham to be a punch in the face, the Senate floor is not Twitter.

If you're curious about what their working relationship is like, though, Senate records are public.

dabig2

Oct 29, 2017
Quit making it sound like this is a mere disagreement between coworkers because it comes off as silly.

Yep. Quoting this post
I don't get the people that are acting like this is typical coworker shit like they work at Dunder Mifflin or something. Graham's actions, especially this year, contributed to the covid pandemic spreading, people being evicted from their homes, etc. The rhetoric he supports about a stolen election is bound to (and possibly has already) lead to bloodshed.

I have no idea what Harris is thinkining wanting a fist bump from him.

The whole "but they're coworkers" line is beyond trite. Furthermore, none of us on the ground should give a damn about their working relationship. Lindsay Graham is traitorous trash of a human being, and anything that makes him more relatable or takes the focus off him being traitorous trash should just not be done, and can easily not be done.

If Kamala doesn't extend the bump, then what happens? Lindsay walks right on by and that's 1 less thread on Era and fewer takes on Twitter and the like. So just do that - which is nothing.

No one is asking for Kamala and the Dems to ritually sacrifice the guy on the floor.

MrCibb

Dec 12, 2018
UK
This seems like nothing. Harris threw up the fist and he bumped it. If anything it's Harris throwing out some shade, she's not a fucking moron. People in this thread are acting like Kamala Harris, future Vice President, doesn't know who Lindsey Graham is or what he's done/is doing.

etrain911

Oct 27, 2017
lmao at everyone thinking this is 5th dimensional chess or that "they're co-workers" when they're literally in charge of policy that affects the lives of you and everyone you love. Way to lend him some more legitimacy after Feinstein already did. It's a big club and none of us are in it. Dude is on the record on TV saying that she and Joe cheated and didn't win and some of ya'll are still defending this as an act of "civility".

etrain911

Oct 27, 2017
Her giving him the finger would actually be appropriate considering what he has accused her of, that´s literally where we are now, but I would have been happy if she just ignored him.
For reals, no one is calling for her to eviscerate him on the senate floor or start a fist fight, but this was an an unforced error, all she had to do was say nothing. There are 100 people in the senate, yes, it really would be that easy to just ignore him.

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
People called the Clintons badass for ignoring Trump at GWB's funeral. If Kamala did the same with Lindsey she'd be unprofessional? Double standard.

Sulik2

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This is a perfect synopsis of what is wrong with the Democrats in a single gif. Lindsey Graham would happily lynch Kamala Harris and she is fist bumping him. This party just will not see the GOP as the enemy of the state they are.

etrain911

Oct 27, 2017
This is a perfect synopsis of what is wrong with the Democrats in a single gif. Lindsey Graham would happily lynch Kamala Harris and she is fist bumping him. This party just will not see the GOP as the enemy of the state they are.
Because at the end of the day, they're on the same team, it's just two bourgeois parties.

CNoodles

Banned
Mar 7, 2019
It's all fake, it reminds me of wrestling. Both parties are corrupted as hell and the only difference is that the democrats pretend to care about the u by a throwing u a bone.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
Maybe things are going back to normal if fist bumps are now the biggest scandal happening in the political world.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
yup. anyone upset by this is going to have a looong 4 years.
I'm fully aware.

Going out of your way to fist bump a white supremacist who has dedicated his life to making others as miserable as possible and is currently leading the charge to throw out thousands of legal ballots in Georgia while calling your win illegitimate is such a shitty thing to do.

This forum expects us to cut off all Republican family members no matter the circumstances but is perfectly fine with Kamala/Feinstein going out of their way to show affection to the actual ghouls in charge of the party.

And yes for the record Bernie being friendly with snowball guy sucks too.

Oct 25, 2017
Ontario
Considering what he tried to pull with the Gerogia SoS it's a pretty bad look. But the democrats have shown that they'd rather put on a fake show of unity that no conservatives will actually buy.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
This seems like nothing. Harris threw up the fist and he bumped it. If anything it's Harris throwing out some shade, she's not a fucking moron. People in this thread are acting like Kamala Harris, future Vice President, doesn't know who Lindsey Graham is or what he's done/is doing.
I don;t think anyone is under the illusion that she doesn't know what she's doing. We all know that at the end of the day they're playing for the same team.

DjDeathCool

Oct 28, 2017
Bismarck, ND
I think sometimes this board buys into the kayfabe of American politics a little too hard. Most of these people are friendly if not friends, despite being across the aisle. That makes this even more gross, IMO.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
I don;t think anyone is under the illusion that she doesn't know what she's doing. We all know that at the end of the day they're playing for the same team.

Has she cosponsored legislation with Graham? Promoted any of his legislation?

Ceded to him on the Senate floor?

Defended him to the press?

There are quantifiable ways one could verify if they're on the "same team" that are of more consequence than a fist bump.