• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Prince Akeem

Nov 5, 2017
Oh god, I knew this was going to happen.

It's been amazing to bear witness to this complete role reversal between Microsoft and Sony compared to how the beginning of this gen played out. Now it's the former that are propping up the rights of the consumer and saving the medium while the latter have let all the success go to their heads to the point where they've morphed into the bad guy. I can only hope the PS5 is a colossal failure for Sony so that they become humble enough not to try and kill the used games market.

Good Lord. It's not real.

Tratorn

Oct 25, 2017
It says a lot about SONYs´ communication in the last weeks that this stuff gets taken seriously if even only for a short time

That might sound a bit rude but it doesn't say anything at all about Sony or their messaging, just about the people believing it.
I mean, people still believed travis after he said you can download games only 3 times. There is absolutely no point that Sony would need to clarify shit like this. Come on people, please think a bit more before posting...

Team_Feisar

Jan 16, 2018
That might sound a bit rude but it doesn't say anything at all about Sony or their messaging, just about the people believing it.
I mean, people still believed travis after he said you can download games only 3 times. There is absolutely no point that Sony would need to clarify shit like this. Come on people, please think a bit more before posting...

I would like to agree with you on principle, but a week ago i also would have called BS on somebody telling me cross-gen Saves will only work on a case-by-case basis.

Oct 27, 2017
Holy shit, I can't believe PS5's are breaking already based on some of these videos, surprised noone else caught this. We might have another RROD situation on our hands.

tF15lds.png

Very concerning.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
I would like to agree with you on principle, but a week ago i also would have called BS on somebody telling me cross-gen Saves will only work on a case-by-case basis.
But we have seen that there are examples of games that count as different skus and thus save files and trophy lists aren't compatible.

The fact that this is a surprise to some people says more about the attention people are paying to the services they are using.

KeRaSh

I left my heart on Atropos
Oct 26, 2017
Oh god, I knew this was going to happen.

It's been amazing to bear witness to this complete role reversal between Microsoft and Sony compared to how the beginning of this gen played out. Now it's the former that are propping up the rights of the consumer and saving the medium while the latter have let all the success go to their heads to the point where they've morphed into the bad guy. I can only hope the PS5 is a colossal failure for Sony so that they become humble enough not to try and kill the used games market.
Yep. Can't believe a thread hasn't been made about this yet.
Stop being so gullible. It's clearly fake. People are so anxious to get more Sony news that they start believing anything they see on the internet.

/edit: Apparently that was saecasm. Sorry, can't really tell anymore with all the concern trolling going on here.

Jun 5, 2020
Sony can do no wrong on this forum.
It's not exclusive to Sony but rather, ones preferred brand. I really wish people held their favorite products and/or brands to a higher standard as it could only improve their overall experience if these companies heard their voice as a collective group.

I nitpick the fuck out of my favorite products to the point of people accusing me of being "on the other side." lol

Issen

Nov 12, 2017
Some of the videos reveal they drilled a hole in the table right behind the console.

t2JfVer.png
If you pay very close attention, you can see the Sony executive reptoid peeking from right under the table.

In all seriousness, coming back to review all the pre-release PS5 FUD after release is going to be a blast.

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
lol what happened in this thread.

But we have seen that there are examples of games that count as different skus and thus save files and trophy lists aren't compatible.

The fact that this is a surprise to some people says more about the attention people are paying to the services they are using.
Umm. Ok. I feel like the panic in this thread is not supported by the facts. But, no, I wouldn't say that the cross-save situation was something that reasonable people were expecting. This forum didn't have any PSAs that were like "Just so you know, there will probably be many cross-gen games that won't have save compatibility!". If you have a post to that effect from more than a few weeks ago, I shall admit that I am a dirty loser wrong person.

This isn't on us "not paying attention to the services we're using". What kind of rhetoric is that..

it says more about the desperation for crumbs of information from some people than it says about Sony's communications
BUT WHO'S FEEDING THAT DESPERATION, HUH!?!?1 SONY, THAT'S WHO. INSTEAD OF FEEDING ME BREAD, THEY'RE WITHHOLDING THE CRUMBS AND LAUGHING IN MY FACE.

It hurts me deeply.

Brohan

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Netherlands
It's not exclusive to Sony but rather, ones preferred brand. I really wish people held their favorite products and/or brands they enjoyed to a higher standard as it could only improve their overall experience.

I nitpick the fuck out of my favorite products to the point of people accusing me of being "on the other side." lol

I wasn't being serious. But Yeah I definitely nitpick the products I buy. Sometimes in a different and more obsessive way, like making sure there are no marks or whatever. I had once returned a TV 5 times before finally accepting the final one.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
lol what happened in this thread.

Umm. Ok. I feel like the panic in this thread is not supported by the facts. But, no, I wouldn't say that the cross-save situation was something that reasonable people were expecting. This forum didn't have any PSAs that were like "Just so you know, there will probably be many cross-gen games that won't have save compatibility!". If you have a post to that effect from more than a few weeks ago, I shall admit that I am a dirty loser wrong person.

This isn't on us "not paying attention to the services we're using". What kind of rhetoric is that..
I didn't call you a 'dirty loser wrong person' so don't put words in my mouth.

As for the issue at hand, this is how it works on PlayStation and has for years. Game of the year versions of games will have different trophy lists and save files compared to the original versions.

Anyone who actually pays attention should be aware of this and could logically deduce this would be the same for some games going forward. Doesn't mean you have to like it but acting surprised is on you.

But we have seen that using logic is a hard thing to do for some people in a next gen discussion so maybe I'm foolish for expecting otherwise.

DarkVaber32

Nov 15, 2018
Mod Edit: Unverified information removed

Is this legit?
Another day, another FUD. Why should Sony do the exact same thing Xbox got shit on last gen?? Even Sony made fun of them, and you think Sony will just attempt to do the same thing now? Like come on, you can't be that gullible. Even the image looks fake as hell.

Last edited by a moderator:

Markratos

Hermen Hulst's Secret Account
Feb 15, 2020
Mod Edit: Unverified information removed

Is this legit?
Some people seem really desperate to see the PS5 fail. It will be fun to see their reaction in a few years if it sells twice as much as their favorite piece of plastic again.

Last edited by a moderator:

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
We are an enthusiast forum. We argue 100% about the 1%. The stiff most normal people don't care about that much. Like whether a TV is 999 nits or 1000 nits being a dealbreaker. Whichever you choose will be great but the small stuff gets our juices going I guess

So I can understand wanting to know everything about every molecule of the system. But it is getting a bit silly

Brohan

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Netherlands
I'd be far too lazy to return a TV 5 times, lol.

I tired myself out and the kicker is that the very first TV was actually the best one in terms of screen uniformity. I went through all that trouble and just ended up screwing myself. I have learned to give things a bit more time to get used to before making a decision to return it.

A recent example was the Nintendo Switch. I had borrowed one from my sister and came to love the thing so much that I decided to purchase one for myself. However, the one that arrived had a totally different colour screen. It was much warmer and seemed like it didn't get as bright. I was ready to immediately return it before deciding to just try it out for a few days and get used to it. And i'm happy that I did just that because I actually like the screen more now than the screen on my sisters Switch.

Alexandros

Oct 26, 2017
For people following the thread closely it might be ok to pretend that fake leaks are real as a joke. For people casually checking out these threads expecting actual information, which is most people, it is irresponsible and it makes the thread basically unreadable. Please stop it.

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
I didn't call you a 'dirty loser wrong person' so don't put words in my mouth.

As for the issue at hand, this is how it works on PlayStation and has for years. Game of the year versions of games will have different trophy lists and save files compared to the original versions.

Anyone who actually pays attention should be aware of this and could logically deduce this would be the same for some games going forward. Doesn't mean you have to like it but acting surprised is on you.

But we have seen that using logic is a hard thing to do for some people in a next gen discussion so maybe I'm foolish for expecting otherwise.
I... quoted you first. So, no, I wasn't accusing you of anything. Just a self-deprecating joke about myself, because I regularly call myself and my inflated ego things like that here.

Anyway. You can't tell me you expected that all cross gen versions would be equivalent to GOTY editions. They're not.. Or maybe it's just some games? What's the pattern? If it's logic, then you must have "logic-ed" this out beforehand. Perhaps you have some posts where you predicted this would happen. But if this is "logic" that only applies after we already know everything, then that "logic" maybe isn't as logical as you seem to think.

I'll admit - I certainly did not see this coming. I thought that Sony would have figured out a way to have the same game use the same saves, even if they hadn't always managed it in the past. I certainly hope that Sony hasn't shackled itself to past bad decisions and called it a day. "This is the way we've always done it" is a poor excuse.

If you don't care, that's totally fine. But, a reasonable person who hears that Spiderman is getting a remaster that will improve some models, decrease loading times, and raise the framerate could VERY WELL expect that their old saves would not be impeded by any of those upgrades. No?

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
I... quoted you first. So, no, I wasn't accusing you of anything. Just a self-deprecating joke about myself, because I regularly call myself and my inflated ego things like that here.

Anyway. You can't tell me you expected that all cross gen versions would be equivalent to GOTY editions. They're not.. Or maybe it's just some games? What's the pattern? If it's logic, then you must have "logic-ed" this out beforehand. Perhaps you have some posts where you predicted this would happen. But if this is "logic" that only applies after we already know everything, then that "logic" maybe isn't as logical as you seem to think.

I'll admit - I certainly did not see this coming. I thought that Sony would have figured out a way to have the same game use the same saves, even if they hadn't always managed it in the past. I certainly hope that Sony hasn't shackled itself to past bad decisions and called it a day. "This is the way we've always done it" is a poor excuse.

If you don't care, that's totally fine. But, a reasonable person who hears that Spiderman is getting a remaster that will improve some models, decrease loading times, and raise the framerate could VERY WELL expect that their old saves would not be impeded by any of those upgrades. No?
Lol fair enough, was a bit defensive there and worried I was gonna get painted as attacking other posters so over compensated in defending myself.

I also wasn't saying that how Devs decide on treating the save files/trophies between different versions of games is good or bad, just that we have historical examples of how it has worked before so should have been open to the idea some games could do the same thing again.

random88

Oct 25, 2017
Not US
Now that the "PS5 is going to cost 599$", "PS5 has bad yields" and "PS5 is going to be loud" FUD don't have legs to stand on, it's time to invent something else.

Last edited:

Betamaxbandit

Jan 30, 2018
Got this one from a Sony insider at a studio I can't talk about. Can't believe they think they'll get away with this!

IMG-20201005-102905.jpg

OK what the hell is going on in this thread lol

There are fake screenshots left right and center! This one "could" be real but if it is its more than likely related to dev units or preview units than actual retail consoles. There is no way Sony would introduce something like that, what would be their reason????

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017

There are fake screenshots left right and center! This one "could" be real but if it is its more than likely related to dev units or preview units than actual retail consoles. There is no way Sony would introduce something like that, what would be their reason????
Because they can get away with it.

Arrogant Sony is BACK, baby!!!!

P.S....read this screen shot and the other one again carefully. It's clearly fake.

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017

Lol, it's something I drew in MS Paint in about 30 seconds!