IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Fucking hell thought I fell into an even worst reality after see the Joe Lycett tweet without any context. That's some funny shit.

Sammex

Oct 25, 2017
Not the photo I would have chosen to show our new amazing ready to tackle the energy crisis serious times PM.

_126601940_times-nc.png

_126601889_mail-nc.png
_126601892_express-nc.png

DazzlerIE

Oct 25, 2017
Every single item on that daily mail front page is so on brand for them and incredibly funny, just playing the hits

Arkanim94

Oct 27, 2017
I like when the anti identity politics parties do the brst identity politic ever.
"WE HAD THREE FEMALE PMS WHILE LABOUR HAD ZERO. ask yourself, who is the real pro woman party?"

Sputnik Sweetheart

FIVE HUNDRED DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 31, 2017
I think I am literate, but this excerpt causes me to doubt myself.

Is this really hard for anybody else to read? Not emotionally (that goes without saying), but linguistically.

Am I illiterate or is Nadine Dorries just that bad of a writer?
The first half... Reading the positions of the characters felt like solving a math problem or an ikea assembly guide. Latter half is confusing... I think this is meant to be erotic but the words chosen better suit horror.

Mutedpenguin

Dec 5, 2017
Well at least it sounds like they are going to freeze energy bills...probably always the plan, they just wanted an easy PR win for Truss(while worrying the shit out of everyone else to do it).

Not a great position for Starmer to attack from, if the Tories are going to freeze prices for 2 years vs his proposal of 6 months. His policy timidity is a major own goal if it allows the Tories to outflank Labour from the left.

Last edited:

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
The tories were already in charge so what was stopping them freezing the energy prices already?

Oh right they are corrupt greedy assholes who wanted people to suffer so they could get an easy win that the stupid gullible public will clap and cheer for because the new PM is so much better. Barf

Deleted member 8579

Oct 26, 2017
When does she start, next Mondayā€¦..

Freezing the prices definitely isn't enough since they are high already along with food going up. Sort that one out.

Mutedpenguin

Dec 5, 2017
The tories were already in charge so what was stopping them freezing the energy prices already?

Oh right they are corrupt greedy assholes who wanted people to suffer so they could get an easy win that the stupid gullible public will clap and cheer for because the new PM is so much better. Barf
Yup...and plenty will fall for it as well (and it'll likely make it easier to push fracking through, by convincing the gullible that it will somehow help their energy prices ..and they'll get little push back).

Deleted member 8579

Oct 26, 2017
Yup...and plenty will fall for it as well (and it'll likely make it easier to push fracking through, by convincing the gullible that it will somehow help their energy prices ..and they'll get little push back).

The fracking thing confuses me, isn't that a direct up yours to countryside living Tories? Same as the sewage thing I guess. Why the fuck isn't there some news person saying it's all a load of crap, won't affect the prices whatsoever.

bremen

Sep 22, 2020
Well at least it sounds like they are going to freeze energy bills...probably always the plan, they just wanted an easy PR win for Truss(while worrying the shit out of everyone else to do it).

Not a great position for Starmer to attack from, if the Tories are going to freeze prices for 2 years vs his proposal of 6 months. His policy timidity is a major own goal if it allows the Tories to outflank Labour from the left.
Don't worry there's plenty of material available to Labour thanks to the last few weeks of hustings.

Nero3000

May 12, 2020
Freezing prices for two years...

first, is there a provision for if the price cap falls below teh freeze point?

second, is this another forced loan where we will be paying this off for decades through higher energy bills

(ideally this should be paid for through higher taxes on energy companies and/or reparations from Russia upon defeat but Tories will tory)

phisheep

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes
Oct 26, 2017
- "There's no magic money tree"

Yes, there is a magic money tree. It is being shaken vigorously by the management and shareholders of the energy production companies.

- "Don't you know there's a war on, we all have to buckle down and do our bit"

When you say "all" did you really mean to exclude the management and shareholders of the energy production companies?

- "If they don't make profits they won't be incentivised to invest"

Were they investing before? Yep. Have their production costs gone up? Nope. So they were making plenty enough profit before all this.

- "The market price is what determines our energy costs, the market can't be bucked"

Really? You think the energy production companies are paying market price for the energy they use?

Deleted member 8579

Oct 26, 2017
Are they really going to make us pay 130 billion+ into energy companies and not tax the fuck out of the energy companies to cover it? Robbery.

PJV3

Oct 25, 2017
London
- "There's no magic money tree"

Yes, there is a magic money tree. It is being shaken vigorously by the management and shareholders of the energy production companies.

- "Don't you know there's a war on, we all have to buckle down and do our bit"

When you say "all" did you really mean to exclude the management and shareholders of the energy production companies?

- "If they don't make profits they won't be incentivised to invest"

Were they investing before? Yep. Have their production costs gone up? Nope. So they were making plenty enough profit before all this.

- "The market price is what determines our energy costs, the market can't be bucked"

Really? You think the energy production companies are paying market price for the energy they use?

That's the thing about all this, yes there is unavoidable pain when it comes to energy, but the UK establishment seems determined to protect the people making out like bandits.

We will all be paying this "loan" off and giving the same people billions in incentives etc.

Are they really going to make us pay 130 billion+ into energy companies and not tax the fuck out of the energy companies to cover it? Robbery.

Biggest mugs on the planet.

MouldyK

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
But taxpayers would eventually have to pay back the cost of subsidising prices and it's a possibility that household bills would not majorly fall when the crisis settles.

Maybe by then, we'll all be able to afford it! /S

Deleted member 8579

Oct 26, 2017
Boris has resigned. Queen is in charge at the moment until Truss turns upšŸ˜‚