• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Apr 5, 2022
Yoshimi Yasuda has been posting screenshots of Lollipop Chainsaw RePOP it seems on his twitter, I'm curious what people think about the game look wise so far! it's still slated for a Summer 2024 release too, also it was confirmed this month that players can choose either Yoko Hikasa san or Eri Kitamura san when selecting the Japanese VO in this version.

GG-sfFLbMAA7Rjl

GF2mOh2agAAEG5R

GIJYZlHX0AAx7J5

Coolduderedux

Oct 25, 2017
Yasss finally! I've been dying to play this. Glad it's still on track to release this summer. We need more B-level hack and slash games like this and Wanted: Dead.

Praxis

Sausage Tycoon
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Enjoyed it when it came out. We need more games that remind me of Troma

OP
OP
TheKupoxBooper
Apr 5, 2022
Yasss finally! I've been dying to play this. Glad it's still on track to release this summer. We need more B-level hack and slash games like this and Wanted: Dead.

Yasuda also says that the combat is gonna get retooling so it isnt as sluggish as the OG Lollipop Chainsaw's combat was which is awesome. I can't wait to play this game whenever it drops! Also never knew Juliet had 2 japanese VA's xD; unless It's just for this version.

ShinkuTachi

It's Pronounced "Aerith"
Oct 29, 2017
SWEEEEET~! So looking forward to another romp through Lollipop Chainsaw. Game was a fuckin blast.

OP
OP
TheKupoxBooper
Apr 5, 2022
Still sad the remake was scrapped

Kinda curious how things would of gone. At least people will get to play this game in some fashion, the other stuff is still intact which are the upgraded visuals, retooled combat, also a new soundtrack was confirmed too due to copyright/licensing from the OG OST. I DO hope they keep Hey Mickey though.

GlitchyDegree

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Dec 4, 2017
Can't wait! Game is looking good based on those screenshots. Glad to hear there's going to be some updates to the combat. The original was a bit clunky. Now I'm just curious what songs will be coming back. I really need "Lollipop" to make the cut again.

OP
OP
TheKupoxBooper
Apr 5, 2022
Can't wait! Game is looking good based on those screenshots. Glad to hear there's going to be some updates to the combat. The original was a bit clunky. Now I'm just curious what songs will be coming back. I really need "Lollipop" to make the cut again.

Same! That was one of my favorite songs in the OG version of the game xD Although like I said, Hey Mickey is so essential. I dont know if they're gonna replace it x_x;

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
Yasuda also says that the combat is gonna get retooling so it isnt as sluggish as the OG Lollipop Chainsaw's combat was which is awesome. I can't wait to play this game whenever it drops! Also never knew Juliet had 2 japanese VA's xD; unless It's just for this version.
Ok maybe I'm interested in it again. I remember the combat in the first one not feeling all that great.

OP
OP
TheKupoxBooper
Apr 5, 2022
is this the game that James Gunn was involved with?

Yeah. Not sure if things have changed since then but when this version of the game was announced it was noted that he wasn't involved in this particular version of the game, but I'm sure he'll be credited for the work/contributions he did in the OG though in the credits of this game.

Gitaroo

Nov 3, 2017
hope the gameplay is tweaked, biggest problem of the original, too janky. Hope for a PC version so OG OST can be modded back in if they can't get the music liscenses

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
Hmmm, that looks good. Might buy it. I picked up the original but never actually played much of it.

OP
OP
TheKupoxBooper
Apr 5, 2022
Oh yeah, I forgot but here are more screenshots of the game Yasuda posted over the course of time from December of last year to Feb of 2024. He also noted that resolution and FPS is really important so it's going to take priority in Lollipop Chainsaw RePOP so that it could be played comfortably by players to enjoy the vivid visuals which are shown in RePOP!
GBWNoF6bgAA2rJs
GAyMdmta8AABxE8
GHivRYkakAAjZX6

OP
OP
TheKupoxBooper
Apr 5, 2022
hope the gameplay is tweaked, biggest problem of the original, too janky. Hope for a PC version so OG OST can be modded back in if they can't get the music liscenses

Indeed it is! Yasuda noted this back in October of 2023 about this when asked about improving the "sluggy" combat from the original PS3/360 release. He responded that Lollipop Chainsaw RePOP is doing away with the sluggishness in the chainsaw battles, combat speed adjustments, improved input timing for cheerleading and chainsaw combo attacks overall as well as camera movement improvements! It seems everyone is excited for this release which is a good thing xD
F9UzWSca0AAe-WV

Oct 26, 2017
I love how vivid this looks. Might grab on a sale or something. I still have the OG and never beat it due to how brutal it got in the back half. I think I got to that one zombie rocker boss and just never got any further :l

dreamfall

Oct 25, 2017
Oh my, it's looking clean and spiffy! I really love the vibrant colors, it's going to be pure madness - I do wonder if we're going to get all the DLC costumes in the game without MTs, they were pretty egregious when it launched.

OP
OP
TheKupoxBooper
Apr 5, 2022
Oh my, it's looking clean and spiffy! I really love the vibrant colors, it's going to be pure madness - I do wonder if we're going to get all the DLC costumes in the game without MTs, they were pretty egregious when it launched.

I wonder myself or we could get some of them with some new ones as a replacement? xD Also Yasuda said that a PV would be coming soon to reveal the platforms but its still slated for a Summer release xD So we could be finding out soon enough, and it seems they're gathering cosplayers to market the game too which could go into overdrive in the coming months! I would laugh but be happy for fans if they got Jessica back to do promotion as Juliet again.

CO_Andy

Oct 25, 2017
Looks fine for the most part. I don't think the hyper realistic environment entirely meshes well with the character models.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Looks great so far! I kinda thought this was still in development hell, but it doesn't look like it anymore.

Here's hoping it runs and plays well. Gotta figure out when to sell my PS3 copy.

Windrunner

Sly
Oct 25, 2017
The original game's soundtrack was the best thing about it so not sure I am interested in this remaster.

Syne

It's Pronounced "Aerith"
Feb 5, 2023
UK
Japanese had two different voices? What for? Did I miss another re-release of this or did they do something crazy like give the 360 version one VA and the PS3 another?
That's exactly it lol

also it was confirmed this month that players can choose either Yoko Hikasa san or Eri Kitamura san when selecting the Japanese VO in this version
Yasuda also announced that there's a new third JP voice now too, someone we all "know and love"

Bravo

Aug 21, 2022
Been a long time since I've played or even seen gameplay of the original so I made a comparison on imgsli for 2 of the screenshots to quickly slide back and forth between the original and the remaster.

Comparison #1

Comparison #2

EDIT:
Side by side for those who would prefer that instead.
nhV9nxL.jpeg

njeCIpa.jpeg

Last edited:

Windrunner

Sly
Oct 25, 2017
What's the story on the soundtrack?
"The primary goal of the Lollipop Chainsaw remake project is to make it so that players who wish to play Lollipop Chainsaw can do so easily, not to make a new Lollipop Chainsaw game," producer Yoshimi Yasuda says on Twitter. "Of course, the ideal thing to do would be to make a remastered version of the original game, changing nothing. However, we were unfortunately unable to include 16 of the licensed songs, which were a great part of the original game's feel, and so we are instead aiming for a remake that is as close as possible to a remaster."

Like, why even bother if the likes of Hey Mickey, Cherry Bomb and You Spin Me Round aren't going to be included? The licensed music choices were fire...

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yy8Qjjsb2eo&list=PLAFE5C9C564253BB5&index=4

ErichWK

Oct 25, 2017
Sandy Eggo
Man I really enjoyed this trashy Schlock when it came out. Quick, cheap, silly and didn't overstay it's welcome. The combat was fun for the most part and I could've seen it have more potential with a sequel's worth of iterations.

Biteren

Oct 29, 2017
shoot at this point im gonna be replacing my copy of Killer is Dead

(please do Killer is Dead next)

MonadL

Oct 25, 2017
Played the living hell out of this back in the day. Felt like a playable trashy grind house version of Buffy The Vampire Slayer.

jediyoshi

Oct 25, 2017
Gameplay tweaks themselves are the most interesting part to me. I remember the pacing of the levels and a lot of sequences being abysmal.

LAA

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Looks good, been wanting to play it, hopefully not too far away the release.
Losing the licensed music sucks though, hopefully at least on PC they can be modded back in.

hikarutilmitt

"This guy are sick"
Dec 16, 2017
did they redesign her? I dont remember her character looking that good
There have been some touchups that are clear. No more UE3 model etc. But her face at first seemed like they drastically overhauled it when they showed this off the first time, now it just looks like they merely updated the poly count and textures so it's mostly the same (especially if you look at the pink sparkly zombie comparison there) and isn't a huge change, maybe.

Time will tell. I'm there either way.

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Seeing more of those screenshot, I do dig the look of this remaster. Whenever it's on Steam I'll wishlist it.