Rhete

Oct 27, 2017
Picked this up to use with Utawarerumono which has forced 30 FPS tactics section, instantly turning them to 60 fps feels like magic

derFeef

Oct 26, 2017
Austria
What scaling option are you using? Each one has a different level of overhead, some have performance modes, etc.

I previously made the mistake of using Anime 4K for upscaling some non-video solutions and that was a big mistake even on an RTX 3080.
So far sticking with FSR, it seems to work best on my Surface Pro 9.
If I have enough headroom at 30 or 40 fps I try enabling LSFG and in most games it actually works well - but the GPU utilization goes from 50 to 90 or so haha. Still a neat thing - can't wait to try it on my 4070 desktop and select games.

Maximo

Oct 25, 2017
I'll have to give it another go, haven't been too impressed by the visual cost, at least it's obvious to me.

SirNinja

One Winged Slayer
Is it true this is really great now?
It's been great for a very long time (the LS1 upscaler makes a ton of games at 1440p60 look like native 2160p120 for me), but this update is still a cut above. I never thought 30 FPS games would ever be able to look like they ran at 60 this well, and through a completely external postprocessing method at that.

kev2k83

Oct 1, 2023
Wow this is great.

I haven't used the scaling but I just tried it with the frame gen playing lost judgement with dldlsr 4000 and something by 3000 and something.

Frame rate jumped from 50 to 60 to 120.

Found capping the frame rate introduced latency so running it uncapped which seems to work fine on a gsync monitor.

It's incredibly fluid.

Rickyrozay2o9

Dec 11, 2017
What GPU do you have?
I actually figured it out. I was using the app wrong and when it was right I didn't realize RTSS wouldn't be able to read the correct output (even though technically it is) so once I turned on the apps fps counter I could see and feel it was working. I have a 4090 and tried it on a switch emulator.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone know if it's possible to record footage using this? Cause all my previous attempts had it just look as if it was off.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
I *think* RTSS is just going to show your actual framerate and you'd have to use the built in overlay of Lossless to see what their framerate is.
I thought as much, shows 60 in RTSS but shows 120 in draw fps in the app

Will using this in destiny 2 or helldivers get me banned?
No, it doesn't touch the game just the window

Although Destiny has banned players for weirder shit in the past

SunBroDave

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
Wow, this works very well with TOTK. Frame gen-ing to 80 fps from 40 fps looks much better smoother, without introducing too much input lag or visual artifacts.

SirNinja

One Winged Slayer
Will using this in destiny 2 or helldivers get me banned?
This shouldn't get you banned in anything; LS doesn't touch any game files whatsoever. I've used it in Destiny 2 before without so much as a peep from BattlEye, which is something considering its rare-but-scary tendency to give players stern warnings for things like random internet hiccups.

(That said, it doesn't work incredibly well in D2; LS works best on games that already have decent antialiasing, and D2's AA sucks. Really hoping it gets DLSS support one day.)

Doskoi Panda

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Now that PSPlay (the absolute best PS Remote Play app bar-none, better than Chiaki, far better than the official one) is on PC, I'm thinking about grabbing this just to use with that, lol. I wonder if it would even work.

Tortillo VI

May 27, 2018
So happy I bought this, having lots of fun trying games that are wicked locked to 30fps, such as Split/Second.

I also locked Cyberpunk and Helldivers to 60 and with this it feels like locked 120. It's like I got a new GPU.

Since I have a 3070, I do not have DLSS3 and FSR3 rarely arrives to any game... But now with this tool, I can get a similar benefit on any old and new game. Amazing.

Teepo671

Nov 1, 2017
Guam
Been using this for my legion go and the artifacts in this update are imperceptible to me now. Before this update there was smearing all over my character whenever I moved in the games I've tried but that seems completely gone now.
The new performance mode is great and the higher framerates from using that makes the latency a little more tolerable now. Very happy with this update.

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
Been using this for my legion go and the artifacts in this update are imperceptible to me now. Before this update there was smearing all over my character whenever I moved in the games I've tried but that seems completely gone now.
The new performance mode is great and the higher framerates from using that makes the latency a little more tolerable now. Very happy with this update.
Isn't the performance mode essentially just the older build before the latest update which has a little more processing demand?

Teepo671

Nov 1, 2017
Guam
Isn't the performance mode essentially just the older build before the latest update which has a little more processing demand?
Hmm. Maybe it was optimized a bit more?
It looked and felt like I was getting a higher average framerate than the previous builds but I guess it could just be a placebo

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm. Maybe it was optimized a bit more?
It looked and felt like I was getting a higher average framerate than the previous builds but I guess it could just be a placebo
store.steampowered.com

Lossless Scaling - Introducing LSFG 2.0 - Steam News

- Enhanced architecture for processing large-scale movements, enabling efficient usage at lower frame rates. Hence, the minimum recommended base frame rates are 30/40 for 1080p/1440p resolutions respectively, with 60 FPS and higher recommended for an optimal experience. - Noticeable reduction of...

Hm, maybe it's still somewhat improved. I just picked it up, so I don't have much frame of reference. I don't really follow the last release note item.

RedHeat

Oct 25, 2017
This shouldn't get you banned in anything; LS doesn't touch any game files whatsoever. I've used it in Destiny 2 before without so much as a peep from BattlEye, which is something considering its rare-but-scary tendency to give players stern warnings for things like random internet hiccups.

(That said, it doesn't work incredibly well in D2; LS works best on games that already have decent antialiasing, and D2's AA sucks. Really hoping it gets DLSS support one day.)
Edit: turning off color management fixed it

SunBroDave

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
As a side note, TOTK/yuzu seems to work much better when not using RTX HDR. Not sure if it's RTX HDR specifically, or just running Lossless Scaling in HDR mode period that causes the issues, but there seems to be a lot more visual artifacts in this "HDR on" scenario, compared to it running relatively smoothly and artifact free when HDR is disabled

Last edited:

Folie

Dec 16, 2017
I had scaling set to off (as I just wanted to test the frame gen) but it still seemed to further/over-sharpen TOTK in Yuzu. Any tips for making sure it doesn't?

Overture

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
This update is truly incredible. Emulating stuff always made this shine, but I tried The Witcher 3 with ray tracing and everything up to maximum which brought my computer to its knees and I can keep it above well 60 at all times and with a controller it feels pretty good. I also tried Star Citizen and it did wonders, minimal artifacts, sometimes I even forget it's on... it's magic.

Vexii

Oct 31, 2017
UK
The performance mode is still an improved version of LSFG, but it's been tweaked to keep the same performance profile as the previous version.

ive struggled to see much quality difference between performance mode on/off - but both modes are definitely more temporally stable than the previous version ever was

Moebius

Oct 28, 2017
I tried this with Okami a few months ago and it felt great. I'm going to have to try it again with 2.0 to see if there's any difference. It was kind of annoying how you had to cap your framerate to something specific. Is it easier to use now?

Slick Butter

Oct 25, 2017
oh wow this works exceptionally well now on switch games through a capture card. Kirby and the Forgotten Land looks really really good!

Moebius

Oct 28, 2017
I just tried it with Okami. Getting 120fps and it looks pretty nice! I'll have to try it with my ultrawide mod to see if it still works, but so far, this is fantastic! This kind of tech is only going to get better too. For games like Okami, stuck at a horrible 30 fps max, there will be software like this available to achieve 60 fps and beyond.

Lilly-Anne

Feb 14, 2024
One thing I really wish is that this had a Linux version. Dreaming of a future where you could build a small factor PC that you could basically use as a receiver for all your consoles , automatically applying LS1 upscaling and LSFG...

Sotonian

Oct 25, 2017
just tried it out using a capture card with my PS5, Bloodborne in 60fps, its not perfect and the latency from the capture + lossless scaling itself is high noticeable but visually its incredible. Also tried Deux Ex Mankind Divided which is stuck at 30 on ps5, works much better but the latency when moving the crosshair is too much

derFeef

Oct 26, 2017
Austria
just tried it out using a capture card with my PS5, Bloodborne in 60fps, its not perfect and the latency from the capture + lossless scaling itself is high noticeable but visually its incredible. Also tried Deux Ex Mankind Divided which is stuck at 30 on ps5, works much better but the latency when moving the crosshair is too much
I'm not sure this is how the app should be used. But I'm no judge so if it looks better to you go ahead heh.

Vexii

Oct 31, 2017
UK

I'm not sure this is how the app should be used. But I'm no judge so if it looks better to you go ahead heh.
It would mostly depend on the latency from the capture device. In my experience the latency caused by the framegen / scaling is unnoticeable, if not almost non-existent. I've used it to upscale the output of my elgato capture card which is playable, but the latency from the card by itself is a bit too noticeable for my tastes.

However using it for games running natively is top notch.

KamenRiderEra

Oct 25, 2017
This software is pure magic. In my opinion if the newer nvidia cards don't do something better by default in all games I'll be dissapointed.