Deleted member 11093

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They also got some MW2 map designers back. Which makes me interested even more in IW's next title.

Should be noted that Ranon Sarono didn't used to work at the old Infinity Ward. He made quite a name for himself in the Sourcemod community and doing silly reload animation videos before getting hired at Respawn for Titanfall 2

Titanfall 2 showcase:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBbcRhDCbcM

TF2's reload animations are so good. This is a good addition to IW.

Charpunk

Oct 25, 2017
Work at an EA studio that can be shut down at a moment's notice, or work on a call of duty game. Seems a wise choice in terms of job security.

Deleted member 5167

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
? Care to elaborate?

Theres plenty of reporting on the West & Zampella vs Activision case, but - for example - allegedly taking the entirety of the teams bonus for themselves while telling their team that Actiivison had never paid a bonus, or claiming that they were entitled to the bonuses for games that Treyarch made.

Treestump

Mar 28, 2018
Curious why this is happening. I love Respawn and hope this doesn't mean anything bad for their Star Wars game or Titanfall 3.

Deleted member 26104

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
After they butchered Titanfall to appeal to the COD crowd with Titanfall 2 I don't even care, which is a shame as the original is a top 5 game of all time IMO.

Interficium

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I'm counting less than 10 people here. That's hardly what I would call "lots" in an AAA game, and certainly not enough to say that the "original infinity ward team is now all back there."

Wololo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 20, 2017
Hope nothings happened to Respawns Star Wars.

New Fang

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Theres plenty of reporting on the West & Zampella vs Activision case, but - for example - allegedly taking the entirety of the teams bonus for themselves while telling their team that Actiivison had never paid a bonus, or claiming that they were entitled to the bonuses for games that Treyarch made.
If that's all true as you describe it, why would all those people follow Zampella as he started Respawn?

Man, Titanfall 2 was so good. Sad to see we may never see a 3 :(
They have already said Titanfall 3 is coming.

s y

Nov 8, 2017
I thought it was more or less confirmed that TitanFall 3 was on the way while the other Respawn team works on the Star Wars game? Some of the replies here are worrying me....

God pls let there be a TF3, I was 2 years LTTP for TF2 and the MP is fantastic.

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
I'm counting less than 10 people here. That's hardly what I would call "lots" in an AAA game, and certainly not enough to say that the "original infinity ward team is now all back there."

Regardless the positions being filled seem significant - it's a lot of leadership positions, so I can understand seeing it as the band reforming.

Deleted member 5167

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If that's all true as you describe it, why would all those people follow Zampella as he started Respawn?

Thats why I'm not saying "Thats what happened" or linking to a specific summary - there are lots of reports on the case, and a lot of 'he said, she said' as would be expected.
If you're asking why you might follow co-workers when you don't get a bonus for your work because they told you they never got paid one, not that they got one but kept it for themslves because they believed they deserved it most, think it through.

West & Zampella literally declared in their allegations that Treyarch were incapable of making their own game engine, so all money made by Treyarch games 'deserved' to go to them which doesnt exactly show much in the way of solidarity.
As I said; much of the court filings do not portray them in a particularly flattering light.

Xbox Live Mike

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
USA
BT nooooooooooooo! With titanfall being my favorite nextgen title this saddens me to hear. I hope Titanfall FPS(as I know it) survives.

Oct 29, 2017
After they butchered Titanfall to appeal to the COD crowd with Titanfall 2 I don't even care, which is a shame as the original is a top 5 game of all time IMO.

These posts are hilarious, the movement system in Titanfall 2 is fantastic l and way more advanced then anything in Call of fucking Duty. Just another TF1 stan who never learned how to play TF2.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
Jesus christ. The loss of Joel Emslie and Geoffery Smith is just huge. I was so hoping that we'd see a return to Titanfall 1's level of art and design but with these two leaving I'd say it's not good. Super bummed to hear this.

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
This is real interesting. With the way EA has handled the Star Wars license and games in general maybe things aren't so great for the studio right now.

Chris.

Oct 27, 2017
These posts are hilarious, the movement system in Titanfall 2 is fantastic l and way more advanced then anything in Call of fucking Duty. Just another TF1 stan who never learned how to play TF2.
He didn't even say anything about the movement system lol

You're getting a tad bit too defensive, calm down

Elyian

Feb 7, 2018
Would be rad if they take what they learned from TF2 and throw it into a new AM COD. Would welcome that after two years of BotG.

Chris.

Oct 27, 2017
Titanfall 2's gameplay mostly revolves around the movement system and the titans, I just don't see how it's catering to Call of Duty players at all. I just dislike shallow comparisons I guess.
There's plenty of changes from 1 to 2 that panders to the cod crowd and makes the game worse that has nothing to do with the advanced movement.

Three lane map design for one. Less emphasis on titans and more on pilot v pilot. Could go on but it's been said a million times and this isn't really the thread for it it anyways

Deleted member 11626

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I vastly prefer Titanfall to Call of Duty so if the talent is leaving then I'm sad. But I'm all for people taking care of themselves and leaving EA. Closure is inevitable with them

Oct 29, 2017
There's plenty of changes from 1 to 2 that panders to the cod crowd and makes the game worse that has nothing to do with the advanced movement.

Three lane map design for one. Less emphasis on titans and more on pilot v pilot. Could go on but it's been said a million times and this isn't really the thread for it it anyways

Yea, sorry, I don't want to detail the thread

Hopefully this rumored MW4 brings back the magic from the MW-BO era. I really miss the old coD games, and they're almost impossible to play on the 360/PC due to cheaters.

Deleted member 11093

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They better get fucking Hans Zimmer to work on the OST again, MW3's and the other CoD games OSTs in general are hot garbage.