• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Now let me ask, were you able to get a better picture about Apollo? I'm honestly having some trouble there (although I do agree with her that if the messengers and the gossips are of opposite alignments, I'd be inclined to believe Kyandonna to be town).
Apollo's one post of substance today so far didn't really fill me with much confidence, and overall I have felt like she is coasting and also latching onto a scumread of SkyChuggs, which could be subtle bussing behavior or could just be Scum trying to act like they have a scum read. I haven't seen Apollo as Scum yet in previous games, but something does feel different here to me compared to playing with/spectating her as Town. Could just be trouble keeping up though, since I know others are probably thinking the same possible coasting scum thoughts about my partner who I know to be Town, and that was something that I got wrong just in this game about my read on B-Dubs. I have a hard time distinguishing genuine coasting from just low-post-count Town players. Ask LP lol.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Work equally but is not equal when it comes to the likeliness of the cases. A town mistake is likelier than a grand scum plan.
I don't see why it's so far-fetched when in Mafiera we claimed both doc and cop. I just really don't. Is it a big play? Yeah, it is. Is it an impossible play? Nope - especially considering this game only needs a few mislynches. If it had to be sustained? I'd say it's unlikely. But in a smaller game when you just have to set something up that's scum favorable for a few phases? Especially when me and Sorian are screaming at each other (mea culpa)? Yeah, I think it's possible.

This all also hinges on this being a watcher and not just a role cop. Your most recent post also hinges on scum believing Baelus were one-shot if they are town. There are a lot of potential gaps there.

Kyanrute

Oct 25, 2017
Tomato
Basically we're just at trying to figure out if town even has a cop, but agree it's unlikely Bae is one?

Naah, we are creating narratives in public so we can justify our votes and try to get others voting our way. Some of us are doing it because we are town, some because we are meanies. The wine is being stared at, no conclusion will be achieved.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Terraforce, I posted what you asked for.
So potentially a Baelus, SkyChuggs, Verepollo, and XReki squad? That's fair. Swap Chuggs with Fantipped and that's my current read, except I'm much less certain on the latter two which is why I've mentioned rereading them.

I think the key takeaway is that there's a lot of players who are coasting pretty hard, and there's definitely scum in the midst. If you have someone like Fanto who is vocal guide the town narrative, the other scum players can mostly stand as bystanders as long as they remain consistent. Luckily a couple of the players I would normally be weary of (Fatbro and CS in particular) have meta in their favor which eliminates them from my list of suspicion.

empressdonna

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland, United Kingdom
Sorry I've been a little quiet, I've just been trying to mull over all the possibilities (and I had a song stuck my head at one point).

I'm also trying to remember back to the previous games now that had a cop and something similar to me and kyaa's power/the same power because the wondering of would we have town thieves, town messenger and town cop sort of thing.

Part of me admittedly is worried that we are missing something here but I honestly wouldn't be able to say what it is. Maybe that's just me overthinking it though?

Kyanrute

Oct 25, 2017
Tomato
I don't see why it's so far-fetched when in Mafiera we claimed both doc and cop. I just really don't. Is it a big play? Yeah, it is. Is it an impossible play? Nope - especially considering this game only needs a few mislynches.

It's not the claims, those are zzz to fake. It's that it began with cop softing on D1 and involves multiple scum roles and scum offering themselves as possible sacrifices.

It's not impossible. I just don't think this this is the not impossible.

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
Only 4 pages? Ya'll are slipping!
Apologies but I had to take care of some unexpected stuff yesterday. Answering some posts while catching up;

I could see my vote changing today based on our interactions, but to be clear, it's not the slip for me. Those are rare, right? It's the overreaction to it. Brazil and TheChuggernaut quoted some Fanto's post too, but I'm not really sure on that mostly because I'm still considering my view on TheSkyChugger.

I see, thanks for the explanation. Although you said the "confidence" is what gets you, there were a few pairs who looked disconnected from EoD. You could say that of Xbro and me, for example. Is it just TheSkyChugger that gave you that feeling?
I think it was mainly the way he said it, and it reminded me of someone seeing their friend about to get their ass whooped and going "Oh, no, don't do that. Stop" while genuflecting on the sidelines.
I take offense to this. I was on a love boat with Rac in MafiEra for a whole day and night. I know what he's like, I know how he plays, it is not a light read. Rac is in my Town pile. Add Vincent into the mix and I feel even better about them.
What makes you feel good about VA?
Because I'm not x-shot and I didn't want to lie? I don't pick scum's NK targets.

Also because I didn't like the idea of you or anyone else telling me how to play my own fucking role.
But Malus had free reign for the shot that night.
I'm about to start typing nasty things in this thread so I'm going to take a step back, take a shower, take my antidepressants so I don't actually shoot myself for real, and relax. Maybe I'll be back, maybe I won't. Don't really care. I'm on vacation and I'm spending the day with my mom who I haven't seen in a year.
Hey, who's awesome? You're awesome.
So, let's start by taking a look at Vere's response to my post from yesterday, where I ended by asking for him to elaborate on the many reads he had teased.

The summary is:

Stu/Monkey: Scum lean.
SkyOdin: Scum lean.
Sorian: Possibly a Neutral.
Flux: Scum lean.

And he did not give a read on Natiko. I asked for him to get me one if he were to get a chance., and Natiko also commented on the fact that he was left out from the list. Vere said that Nat had too many posts and so he didn't feel like going through them before he was caught up. Well, Monkey/Stu, Sorian, and Flux had quite a few posts as well, so I'm not sure if that was the best excuse, but I can buy it I guess.
I was going to come in and say you're wrong, but you make some good points. It's my fault I didn't elaborate yesterday. I meant that after going over Monkey(long)/Stu(long)/Sorian(long) and Flux(medium), I looked at Nat's posts(long), said hell no at the time, and skipped to Sky.

Once Vere does catch up completely, he comes in with this post:

So, one thing I actually like about this post compared to some other Vere ones is that he is actually evaluating some of these posts with his responses and how they make him feel about the person alignment-wise. It isn't just random shade or asking follow-up questions, so it feels more legit to me.

Now, of course this one could look bad in hindsight depending on a future flip, but at the time I and many others certainly felt the same way. It does feel a bit weird to see though because I don't think anyone was seriously considering this vote yesterday, so even as "an aside" it does feel a little out of place maybe?
It kind of felt like it could've happened yesterday based on the conversation, mostly because it was an easy alternative.

Now Vere isn't around again until the final 9 minutes of the day, after all the "slip" talk came up. Here were his posts:

So with a few minutes to go, he picks out a post from Sky and calls it scummy, putting his vote there with a few others who had joined that one. He doesn't really give a really solid opinion on the "slip" then two fluff posts about LP. Calling out Sky for being a "bystander" while he had this activity at EoD isn't exactly that great.
Well, yeah, I believed that Zipped was joking because that's how I read his post. It's possible but unlikely for it to be a slip. Anyone who has a solid opinion on if it's a slip or not should definitely be heavily scrutinized because only Scum would know for sure. And for Sky, the two are mutually exclusive. Me not getting here in time has nothing to do with Sky's attitude.

That wraps up his D2, I'll take a look at his D3 so far next in another post. For now, I would say the one thing that sends me back and forth here is that catch up post where he was giving some reads that he wasn't prompted for, just getting his thoughts down on some posts he saw, but then the read list he gave me felt maybe a little forced and he skipped over Natiko even though he was able to give detailed reads on the other players, and then dropping the vote on the SkyOdin train at EoD with a quick "you scummy" post, but it does line up with his reads from before, so... Yeah, back and forth.
Hm. What was forced about the read list, in your opinion?

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
It's not the claims, those are zzz to fake. It's that it began with cop softing on D1 and involves multiple scum roles and scum offering themselves as possible sacrifices.

It's not impossible. I just don't think this this is the not impossible.
Ah, gotcha. But it doesn't offer multiple sacrifices. Just the one, really - potentially the cop. But it also could just be there was a role cop and that's how they got the doctors. It could be dumb luck. We really don't know.

What I know is that Baelus's play around the claim does not give me any townie vibes at all. Not their reads, not their behavior, not their engagement. The rest of this is speculation.

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
Sorry I've been a little quiet, I've just been trying to mull over all the possibilities (and I had a song stuck my head at one point).

I'm also trying to remember back to the previous games now that had a cop and something similar to me and kyaa's power/the same power because the wondering of would we have town thieves, town messenger and town cop sort of thing.

Part of me admittedly is worried that we are missing something here but I honestly wouldn't be able to say what it is. Maybe that's just me overthinking it though?
What possibilities did you come up with?

Kyanrute

Oct 25, 2017
Tomato
Ah, gotcha. But it doesn't offer multiple sacrifices. Just the one, really - potentially the cop. But it also could just be there was a role cop and that's how they got the doctors. It could be dumb luck. We really don't know.

What I know is that Baelus's play around the claim does not give me any townie vibes at all. Not their reads, not their behavior, not their engagement. The rest of this is speculation.

The one sacrifice is too much to me. Three scum is a possibility I think?

Did we ever get an explanation why the cop role was crumbed in the 1st place?

OP
OP
The Bear

The Bear

Forest Animal
Oct 25, 2017
==== DAY 3 VOTES ====
Day Start

Pirate Bae & malus (8 votes)
Dr. Monkey - #3,157
Vincent Alexander - #3,162
Stuart444 - #3,164
Terraforce - #3,222
rac - #3,385
Fantomas - #3,481
Natiko - #3,572
CoolestSpot - #3,605

Stuart444 & Dr. Monkey (2 votes)
Geno - #3,155
Funky Dude Sparks - #3,199
Fantomas - #3,148 #3,481

SkyOdin & TheChuggernaut (1 votes)
empressdonna - #3,170

Verelios & Apollo (1 votes)
TheChuggernaut - #3,404

Fantomas & Zippedpinhead (1 votes)
Reki - #3,205

Not voting: Xbro, malus, flatearthpandas, Pirate Bae, absolutbro, Stantastic, Fat4All, Kyanrute, Lone_Prodigy, Apollo, SkyOdin, Zippedpinhead, Verelios

Post Counts:
Dr. Monkey: 77 Stuart444: 59 Fantomas: 52 Kyanrute: 50 Geno: 46 TheChuggernaut: 45 Fat4All: 30 CoolestSpot: 23 Natiko: 19 empressdonna: 19 Vincent Alexander: 17 flatearthpandas: 16 Pirate Bae: 15 Reki: 14 Verelios: 14 Terraforce: 14 rac: 12 Funky Dude Sparks: 9 SkyOdin: 9 malus: 6 Zippedpinhead: 6 Xbro: 2 absolutbro: 2 Stantastic: 2 Apollo: 2 Lone_Prodigy: 1

Current Countdown:
4syma5iocb

Click here to go to the Vote Tool!

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Hm. What was forced about the read list, in your opinion?
I guess it was that you had teased having the scum reads since the start of the day, and then you finally come in with things like "slight scum lean here" on pretty much all of them, and also the Sorian Neutral take felt like you didn't want to take a hard stance on him but wanted to make sure you still let it be known that you had bad thoughts there.

Of course, this is me trying to view it in the worst possible light lol but if I come into it under the assumption you are not Town and working on the angle that you are Scum with Bae, then I can see some things in there.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
The one sacrifice is too much to me. Three scum is a possibility I think?

Did we ever get an explanation why the cop role was crumbed in the 1st place?
Other games were 30 with 3. I would guess this is more likely 4 but it could go either way.

If there's a neutral, I'd guess it's you two, a la the disruptions in LB1.

empressdonna

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland, United Kingdom
What possibilities did you come up with?

A: "I'm just going through the motions" aka Town vs Town, scum happily eating popcorn
B: "What can't we face when we're together?" aka Town vs Scum, either scum happy to let Baelus die or happy to let monkey deal us into a mislunch.
C: Neutral is in play

I don't believe the monkey side of that theory, but I have it there because some may.

Which when I word it like this is just what we've been discussing in the thread ^^; I've just been trying to get down to how this will all play out and going over ideas in my mind aka overthinking it.

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
I guess it was that you had teased having the scum reads since the start of the day, and then you finally come in with things like "slight scum lean here" on pretty much all of them, and also the Sorian Neutral take felt like you didn't want to take a hard stance on him but wanted to make sure you still let it be known that you had bad thoughts there.

Of course, this is me trying to view it in the worst possible light lol but if I come into it under the assumption you are not Town and working on the angle that you are Scum with Bae, then I can see some things in there.
No, Sorian was generally unhelpful but he hadn't done anything scummy as I said. Why would that feel like a cop out instead of giving him a hard scum read?

Oct 26, 2017
I can't help but go back to the question, "what flip has the chance to tell us the most today?" And I keep landing at either Monkey/Stu or Bae/Malus.

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
A: "I'm just going through the motions" aka Town vs Town, scum happily eating popcorn
B: "What can't we face when we're together?" aka Town vs Scum, either scum happy to let Baelus die or happy to let monkey deal us into a mislunch.
C: Neutral is in play

I don't believe the monkey side of that theory, but I have it there because some may.

Which when I word it like this is just what we've been discussing in the thread ^^; I've just been trying to get down to how this will all play out and going over ideas in my mind aka overthinking it.
Cool, cool, cool. So you're on the side of believing Baelus?

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
No, Sorian was generally unhelpful but he hadn't done anything scummy as I said. Why would that feel like a cop out instead of giving him a hard scum read?
If you knew he was Town already you might not have wanted to join in on the "Sorian is so obvious Scum" angle since people might look at that weird later, so by having the "He's unhelpful, so maybe he's not Town, but maybe instead of Scum he's a Neutral?" read feels like it could be that to me.

But then also, that sticks out from the pack and makes it look weird on it's own anyways, so yeah I see your point.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017

empressdonna

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland, United Kingdom
Cool, cool, cool. So you're on the side of believing Baelus?

Part of me really wants to believe this is town vs town since no matter how many times I go over stu and monkey's posts, I believe they are town not to mention that like pirate bae said, she told us she was scared in our chat with her.

Maybe I've just being naive here, maybe we are being pocketed.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Part of me really wants to believe this is town vs town since no matter how many times I go over stu and monkey's posts, I believe they are town not to mention that like pirate bae said, she told us she was scared in our chat with her.

If it is Town vs. Town, which is something I have left open in my mind as well as a thought experiment, who do you think could be Scum in this game state instead then? Where the Cop claim and the green check are real, and Monkey/Stu are Town as well? This is something I've thought about, and I go back to my read on Natiko then and think I might be right there, but I'm not sure who he's Scum with if it's not Monkey.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
Agreed. And this works equally well with a scum watcher and a calculated gambit, with the added addition that it explains why you start breadcrumbing a cop early. You watch your claimed cop and see who comes to visit.
This also works. It sounds like the type of plan you need Blarg for to birth into existence though lol

Some gambles must be taken, such is the life of the meanie.

Softed town doctor will be protected: high chance of happening.
Doctor cannot protect the same target twice: high chance of happening.
Doctor cannot protect themselves: moderate chance of happening.
If the two above: doctor will protect the green check: high chance of happening.

Was there any need for the docs to protect themselves? It is the safe play, but achieves a protection only if the dice roll gets them or if scum somehow have found them. So on D2 they have the choice of killing a claimed 1-shot cop or someone whom they suspect being the doctor. I personally would expect the doctor to be the weak link in the design, the one shackle that must and can be taken care of 1st.

Ehh. Not without its flaws but far better than ideas about grand scum plans, I don't believe those.
Sure, you're not wrong that if I was a doctor I wouldn't have self protected in that scenario. That being said though, none of it accounts for letting the cop live N2. Like the only way I see that making sense is if scum have a role cop and said role cop also gets the 'x-shot' value from a check. Then they check Bae N1 and know there's no point in stressing over it. I don't think I've ever seen a role cop return that kind of info though.

empressdonna

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland, United Kingdom
If it is Town vs. Town, which is something I have left open in my mind as well as a thought experiment, who do you think could be Scum in this game state instead then? Where the Cop claim and the green check are real, and Monkey/Stu are Town as well? This is something I've thought about, and I go back to my read on Natiko then and think I might be right there, but I'm not sure who he's Scum with if it's not Monkey.

I promise to have an answer to this later, right now my head hurts a little ;_;.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Could be.

As for other candidates today, Stu and I hard agree that Verepollo should be on the table. I posted that whole breakdown earlier, but in short, I think it should be us, Baelus, or Verepollo.

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017

That's an interesting thought. Even though Monkey has seemed a lot more towny today, I can't help thinking that it might be because she's just really good at spinning yarn. And that makes me want her off the island even more.

What would you think if either Monkey or Bae flipped scum?

Reki

Oct 25, 2017
Apollo's one post of substance today so far didn't really fill me with much confidence, and overall I have felt like she is coasting and also latching onto a scumread of SkyChuggs, which could be subtle bussing behavior or could just be Scum trying to act like they have a scum read. I haven't seen Apollo as Scum yet in previous games, but something does feel different here to me compared to playing with/spectating her as Town. Could just be trouble keeping up though, since I know others are probably thinking the same possible coasting scum thoughts about my partner who I know to be Town, and that was something that I got wrong just in this game about my read on B-Dubs. I have a hard time distinguishing genuine coasting from just low-post-count Town players. Ask LP lol.

Let me say this first - both you and Dr. Monkey type way faster than what I can keep up with. I'm way behind, apologies.

Thank you for answering, honestly way more than I expected. As I said earlier Verollo is a boat I'm willing to reconsider, but that depends on how the day plays out. And I do think a good Apollo read is key for that.

@Reki - Excise meta on rac. Do you think scum sits on a cop claim for days?
(There are meta reasons why this might actually work, though I find them unlikely. But with a blank slate, tell me the pros/cons you see here.)

You mean the mafia team, right? Or a potential mafia!rac? Regarding the first, it depends on how much the mafia team trusts about Pirate Bae's claim;

1. In regards to her and malus actually being cops:
1.1. You'll want them dead as soon as possible. But that's the obvious doctor move too after a claim, and you don't want to lose the NK.
1.2. Knowing they're vanillas, they want to avoid a mislunch but bait a NK. That's a bad play though since the doctor will waste their move, the baddies won't look there that first night and other PRs could be at danger. It may work on successive nights too.
2. In regards to the amount of shots:
2.1. If it's true, then there's no reason to target them at night. The doctor will probably protect them and then they'll be just vanilla for the rest of the game.
2.2. But it could be also a lie to avoid a NK. This will mess not only with mafia's targets but with doctor's targets too.

In regards to mafia!rac, I think I've discussed this with you before (I mean in a spec thread, in general terms) but everything could be WIFOM there, sitting on a partner vote just to distance himself.

I know he's been alone pushing for it until D3, but I don't see how this helps us reading rac. You want to lunch Pirate Bae today so it's obvious where you're coming from, but I do need something else to go there.

By the way I'll answer your comments about my Kyandonna read. It's just that I've wrote and scrapped that post a couple of times already.

Reki

Oct 25, 2017
A correction;

1.2. Is from Pirate Malus' perspective, and the "too" at the end is a "though".

empressdonna

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland, United Kingdom
No problem lol I think about this stuff way too much, I don't expect anyone have to keep up with my pace haha.

Okay, painkillers taken.

I'm not as sure as you on Natiko/Terra being scum because I've been reading terra as town but if I go round in circles with everyone seeming townie to me, that means that a really good scum player is hiding in there somewhere.

There's also the possibility though slim that our new player in reki has been given the scum role like I was in my first game but that is just me focusing too much on previous games and previous placements instead of the game that is front of me.

Reki

Oct 25, 2017
There's also the possibility though slim that our new player in reki has been given the scum role like I was in my first game but that is just me focusing too much on previous games and previous placements instead of the game that is front of me.

This is a general question, not only to Donna. How do roles, couples and teams get distributed? Because as far as I understand any particular player has the exact same chance as any other player of rolling in a team/PR.

Apollo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

I won't deny latching hard onto the SkyChugg read. But I really do think they're scum, and the nature of the discourse we've had up to this point is making it a lot easier for me to have town reads than vice versa, as the competing trains have consistently and strongly felt town vs town to me each day thus far.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
This is a general question, not only to Donna. How do roles, couples and teams get distributed? Because as far as I understand any particular player has the exact same chance as any other player of rolling in a team/PR.
It's all randomized as far as I'm aware, yes. I think in this particular game the pairs were randomized first, and then the roles came after since we all knew our lovers as soon as the roster was posted.
I won't deny latching hard onto the SkyChugg read. But I really do think they're scum, and the nature of the discourse we've had up to this point is making it a lot easier for me to have town reads than vice versa, as the competing trains have consistently and strongly felt town vs town to me each day thus far.
If you could give some good thoughts on your SkyChugg read, I would love to hear it.

Apollo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
If you could give some good thoughts on your SkyChugg read, I would love to hear it.

My D1 thoughts still generally apply, but here's what's contributed more recently to my read. For one, they're the messenger. Based on the powers we've seen thus far (and I'm currently of the mind to believe Baelus), I think their role is the most likely one to be a scum role. Unlike the gossips, they appear to have the benefit of anonymity. Kyan/Donna (who I town read before learning of their role) can't hide their identity, so while we know their role we still have to be suspicious of their alignment. This would make it a somewhat dangerous power to use as nonchalantly as they have been, at least for scum. A lot of this point obviously relies on me assuming that these two roles don't share an alignment, but I think it's at least something worth considering.

Another small thing eating at me.

Me and Odin have been pretty suspect on Bae's claim for a bit now, but this seems like nothing. I'm not really shocked that a team of Malus and Bae wouldn't really be bouncing reads off each other. Neither of them are really high volume posters
I might be making a huge mistake, but I trust this post and I trust your read of Bae. Bread crumbing a cop role on and softing cop just seems super risky play for scum on day 1.
Baelus is town.

The one thing I've been thinking about the most regarding Baelus being cops is why are they still alive. Everything they've done has made sense in my head as a town thing.

These opinions on Bae don't really seem to mesh together well? Chuggs recently has felt super confident about Baelus's role, and Chugg's wording makes it sound like he's agreed with how they've handled things each step of the way. So that doesn't line up with them being suspect on the claim for a while.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
My D1 thoughts still generally apply, but here's what's contributed more recently to my read. For one, they're the messenger. Based on the powers we've seen thus far (and I'm currently of the mind to believe Baelus), I think their role is the most likely one to be a scum role. Unlike the gossips, they appear to have the benefit of anonymity. Kyan/Donna (who I town read before learning of their role) can't hide their identity, so while we know their role we still have to be suspicious of their alignment. This would make it a somewhat dangerous power to use as nonchalantly as they have been, at least for scum. A lot of this point obviously relies on me assuming that these two roles don't share an alignment, but I think it's at least something worth considering.

Another small thing eating at me.

These opinions on Bae don't really seem to mesh together well? Chuggs recently has felt super confident about Baelus's role, and Chugg's wording makes it sound like he's agreed with how they've handled things each step of the way. So that doesn't line up with them being suspect on the claim for a while.
Thanks, you definitely raise some good points, and I would like to see what Chuggs says about his opinions there.

Why are you currently of the mind to believe Baelus? Because I could still see a likely world where SkyChugg could be partners there.

SkyOdin

Apr 21, 2018
Okay, I've been following the thread today, but I have also been taking the time to reread some stuff, so I haven't had the time to post much. However, before I get into that, there is something that I saw that I need to respond to.

Also Kyanrute you TOLD me to mention that something happened to me at night and that I felt that it was townie (which is true, but you specifically told me this) so I tried to do that and people started going "what" and annoying the ever living fuck out of me so I told them. Like you can't have your cake and eat it too; I did what you asked and it didn't work out the way you wanted. Sue me.
You'll have the papers in a bit. The little was the only thing we asked for, we did not ask for a half-a-day long drip feed of our role nor did we consider that necessary. There was no need to go to that kind of lengths about us.
Well first off, Pirate Bae, I hope you are well and feeling better. This is a game that should be fun for all of its participants, and I hope that you will be able to continue to enjoy playing it.

Mow to back to the game: Holy Crap! Kyan, you TOLD Pirate Bae to drop vague hints about something townie happening to her? What the hell kind of plan was that? Were you trying to get her team voted off? The strangeness of that mention by Pirate Bae, especially the part about it seeming town, was the cause of 75% of my skepticism towards her claimed role.

Like, what was your plan here? Why on Earth would you ask Bae to tease that something happened? If you are town gossips, only two courses of action make sense: ask Bae to keep the gossip chat secret, or to simply trust in her and be ready to explain yourselves if things went sideways.

Were you even going to tell us this nugget of information if Pirate Bae didn't mention it? It is kinda relevant to whether or not she might be scum.

Apollo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks, you definitely raise some good points, and I would like to see what Chuggs says about his opinions there.

Why are you currently of the mind to believe Baelus? Because I could still see a likely world where SkyChugg could be partners there.

I had decent feels on malus early game. Bae has been mostly null to me. As for why I'm town reading them and buying their claim right now, forgive me for more role speculation but essentially I think between the vig kill and the gossip role, town has pretty aggressive means of communication (gossip) and checking (kill). Plus as I said the gossip reveals their identity, so at the very least that role comes with a surefire way to confirm one's ability. With these in mind I would not be surprised at all if our cop only had a single shot, especially as if they manage to get in contact with the gossip (who again I'm assuming is town), they have a way to share that check without outing themselves in the main thread. So while I disagree with baelus' decision to claim 1-shot, I think the fact that they are 1-shot is perfectly plausible in light of our current information

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017

Scared of what?

Also, I think it would be interesting if you would speak to the points Sky just raised that Kyan and Bae went over earlier. Did Kyan tell Bae to be vague? How'd that go?