• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Ducarmel

Oct 25, 2017
Finished the latest season

good stuff all around
As much i would like to see J Edgar go after the dirty cops I hope he just kicks it to IAB and just focus on the Jamaicans.

Also disappointing Irving framing Borders, I still think he is guilty as fuck but it does show Irving is willing to cross the line, so as mayor I feel like he is going to screw somebody big time..

Pierce and Espinosa seem like they stumbled on to something big maybe it will be next season Korea Town killer b plot.

Pharaun

Oct 27, 2017
Just finished season 5, and it was excellent like always.

Bosch and Honey Chandler working together was great.

As for the Irving/Borders sub plot. Irving didn't frame him in the sense of completely fabricated evidence. Irving found the pendant in Borders' backpack when the patrol cop detained Borders when he wasn't supposed to. It couldn't be legally used because Borders was illegally detained, so Irving planted it in the apartment where it could be "legally" found. It was definitely a scummy thing to do and crossing the line Bosch talked about.

chalkitdown

Oct 26, 2017
Just finished episode 9 of season 5. God damn, that court scene is one of the most satisfying things I've ever watched. Mimi Rogers is great at eating up the screen.

effzee

Oct 26, 2017
NJ
I love this show so much. It just hits all the right spots from the case solving, cop drama, and some politics mixed in. Season 5 was excellent just like the previous 4. I am shocked we already have gotten 5 seasons of this show.

chalkitdown

Oct 26, 2017
Loved that final episode and the season in general. It was a very different season to the previous ones which is a good thing. You don't want the same formula over and over.

Lot of set up for next season in that finale which is unusual for this show isn't it? The stuff with Edgar and Irving has great potential.

The only downside was the small amount of screentime Lance Reddick had this year. You get the feeling he filmed all of his scenes over the course of a week. He was either in his office all the time or in the backseat of a car or talking on the phone. Must have been busy with movies or whatnot.

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
The house with that view remains one of my favourite aspects of the show.

And chalkitdown , you are correct. This is the first time I have seen the show leaving open threads with the clearly intention of a direct sequel. I think it does a great job of setting it up without making it a cliffhanger.

Dr Doom

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know what it is with Bosch.

I just really like this cop show. Almost done with latest season.

I think season 3 is the weakest for me.

Edit: Finished it. I don't think the antagonist should have returned, but I guess they need closure.

Also Bosch is John Wick now. Got a dog

Last edited:

NIN90

Nov 6, 2017
I dunno this last season felt kinda unfocused? The main case about the drug dudes felt pretty undercooked and there's like a dozen other little threads. Like they wanted to be The Wire but couldn't pull it off.
Felt like season 2-4 had a better balance in that respect.

ConanEd

Alt account
Banned
Dec 27, 2018
I dunno this last season felt kinda unfocused? The main case about the drug dudes felt pretty undercooked and there's like a dozen other little threads. Like they wanted to be The Wire but couldn't pull it off.
Felt like season 2-4 had a better balance in that respect.

S5 is largely bases on one book (the one that came out in 2017) instead of including 2-3 book plots, I think S6 will be based on the last book and continue the story of the druggy mom. I don't find S5 worse than other seasons.

One thing book has is that Bosch's lawyer is Lincoln Lawyer and he is a much better character than the show female lawyer.

Last edited:

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The main thing I'm surprised wasn't followed up on this season (and hope will be visited next season) is revenge against the Chinese/follow up to the Eleanor story. It was a bit weird to completely overlook that this time. Especially since, AFAIK, there IS a book that covers that. (I haven't read it though).

Lotto

Oct 28, 2017
Earth
one of the most overlooked shows imo, binged this shit with a friend from season 1 to the end of season 5 in about a month

he reminds me a lot of phoenix wright even though he's a detective and not a lawyer

ConanEd

Alt account
Banned
Dec 27, 2018
one of the most overlooked shows imo, binged this shit with a friend from season 1 to the end of season 5 in about a month

he reminds me a lot of phoenix wright even though he's a detective and not a lawyer

Check out Lincoln Laywer books. And the movie if you haven't watched it already.

Oct 27, 2017
A little bump as I recently discovered this show... and then binged all 5 seasons. It's been a long time since I did that. There are quibbles here and there, and season 1 wasn't as strong, but man... this is hands down the best police drama on TV right now. It's top tier.

Blue Skies

Banned
Mar 27, 2019
On season 2
Season 1 took me about a year to finish
Already like episode 1 of season 2 more than the entire season 1 lol.

Edgars a great partner

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
On season 2
Season 1 took me about a year to finish
Already like episode 1 of season 2 more than the entire season 1 lol.

Edgars a great partner
Season 1 is the worst by far. I mean it is still an alright show, just kinda generic. I feel like S2 is where they really figured things out, and the show has been really great since.

Piston

Oct 25, 2017
I had an itch for a good detective show and this is scratching it hard. Watched all of Season 1 in the last two days and I'm excited to continue if everyone is saying Season 2 is even better.

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
I had an itch for a good detective show and this is scratching it hard. Watched all of Season 1 in the last two days and I'm excited to continue if everyone is saying Season 2 is even better.

I don't know if it's better but almost all seasons are on par with each in terms of quality.

I am still waiting for the next season.

Oh, and that view allied to Vinyl record player is just.. sublime.

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Season 1 is definitely the weakest. 2+ are all of a pretty consistent quality.

chalkitdown

Oct 26, 2017
This has been renewed for a 7th and final season by Amazon. We still have season 6 to come this year as well!

Great that it's gonna have a natural end. Every seasom I get worried that they'll just cancel it so this is really excellent news.

Piston

Oct 25, 2017
I've almost caught up fully on this show. I'm at Season 5, ep. 2.

Been super addicted to this.

chalkitdown

Oct 26, 2017
Fuck yes! I wasn't expecting it back so soon!

The wait for the final season (7) is probably gonna be 2 years or more with all that's going on in the world right now, isn't it? :(

BeeDog

Oct 26, 2017
Just passed the middle of season 5, and this show is top-tier. Obviously it's not super-original, but it's well-acted, it has GREAT characters, and it's always consistent and each plotline is logical. I like how they meticulously show pretty much every step of the way, be it an investigation or connecting random dots from earlier episodes or even seasons.

Probably the best straight cop show I've ever watched (if it's not compared to let's say The Shield or The Wire).

Bonestorm

Oct 27, 2017
I watched all 5 seasons the last couple of months not even realizing there was a 6th coming out right away. Super excited to watch the new season. Been telling everyone I know to watch it because it seems really under the radar.

BeeDog

Oct 26, 2017
WTF, I completely blanked on Season 6 releasing today. NOW I KNOW WHAT I'M DOING THIS WEEKEND

BeeDog

Oct 26, 2017
Saw the first two episodes of season 6, great start and I love how consistent the show is in its style and quality. But it's a major bummer that the gross plotline introduced at the end of season 5 seems to have been resolved off-screen. I guess they figured they didn't have room for it in the plot or something...

Ducarmel

Oct 25, 2017
Finished it a couple of hours ago

Solid season maybe some threads were rushed and got deflating conclusions but life is like that sometimes

But did they have to do J Edgar like that.

thenexus6

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Great season. Sad the next season will be the last, but happy we managed to get Seven in total. I could've done with shorter side burns in this season!

I noticed on audible some of the novels are actually narrated by Titus Welliver himself, so I might start getting to the books.

Off topic, but does anyone else think Lance Reddick would make an awesome Robocop? He's got the cool voice, and the robotic walk.

thenexus6

Oct 26, 2017
UK
It's L.A. Noire with better stories and characters you actually care about. It's great.

The sideburns are like tree rings telling you what season it is. I wanna see mutton chops for S7 haha

Speaking of L.A. Noire, anyone else catch the FBI boss?

fb622d20046c325528a727ed19a5ac4c.jpg

.Detective.

Oct 27, 2017
Loved S6. Looking forward to the series finale.

Will probably go back and do a huge binge marathon of all seasons before it comes out.

chalkitdown

Oct 26, 2017
Only 3 episodes into the new season and it's great stuff so far. Intrigued about where it's going now that what I thought was gonna be the season-long plot has already been solved.

No Paul Calderon this season has me kinda bummed out, though. Really like his character. It makes sense why he's not around after last season but it's still a loss for the show. Hoping he's back in some way for the final season.

Last edited:

MrBS

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
Finished up on the weekend, more Bosch quality, going to suck to not see anymore after next season :(