• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 42

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
I still don't know the actual lyrics to Shinin' after 14+ years

on bleagrhgaah baaaaay
melting through the waaaay

Deft Beck

Oct 26, 2017
Space
I still don't know the actual lyrics to Shinin' after 14+ years

on bleagrhgaah baaaaay
melting through the waaaay

World of Silence creepin' sightlessness time
Port of sadness sleepin' flightless mind
World of silence blinkin' farthest light
Rard of brightness I will get there
And shinin'

Unbearable pain melt into the rain
Find the stilly ray of light
Oh I push my way through the crowd
Now hear the sound of the ground
Oh I push my way though the crowd
Just start at dawn from the clouds

And shinin'
And shinin'

Unbearable pain melt into the rain
Find the stilly ray of light

Mupod

Oct 25, 2017
Will grab when I get home. You know it's funny, I spent a bazillion hours playing Lumines 2 on PSP and got extremely good at it. But I can't remember at all how the game plays. I guess I'll just dive in and see if it comes back.

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017
The Switch version seems pretty great so far. The game plays surprisingly well using the faux d-pad on the Joy-cons. HD Rumble is indeed pretty fucking rad. The load times could definitely use some improvement but otherwise I'm really happy with it.

I may end up double dipping on that PS4 version too for 4K support and that sweet theme.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
i'll get this when i'm done with a few games. i really hope they add the 2/vita skins too, as those are the games i haven't played. either as DLC or just separate remastered titles (preferably DLC)

Even with rumble off, the Switch version devours the battery.
whoa this is sad, specially coming off of hollow knight that was surprisingly super easy on the battery. hopefully it's something that can get fixed in a patch.

Duffking

Oct 27, 2017
Managed 32450 and level 20 first go. I have much to learn. Is it a practice makes perfect situation?

Also to my untrained eye I'm pretty sure the game isn't down-rezzing in portable mode, it's supersampled 1080p basically. That's why it's draining the battery so fast.

MMaRsu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Ya this is such a dope dlc track.. maybe I should just fire up my 360 instead of spending 15 bucks for the ability to play on steam :P

then again.. the 360 controller sucks ass with it's terrible d-pad

bytesized

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Amsterdam
I love puzzle games with good mechanics but I don't care about the musical aspect of the game. Will I like this? Is the gameplay deep and satisfying enough by itself or is the enjoyment very reliant on the presentation music etc?

Looking at videos it just doesn't feel very interesting or complex.

TSM

Oct 27, 2017
For those using a 360 controller make sure to remap the movement controls to the analog stick before you start. It defaults to the POS 360 d-pad. It ended up screwing me over 90% of the way through challenge mode. I'm going to use my Hori Fighting Commander 3 for this game next time I play. I did get 535k before the terrible d-pad made multiple terrible placement in a row in the center. Getting 10k for full clears is still very satisfying.

I love puzzle games with good mechanics but I don't care about the musical aspect of the game. Will I like this? Is the gameplay deep and satisfying enough by itself or is the enjoyment very reliant on the presentation music etc?

The game is all about block management. Really high scores are all about the 1k single color bonuses and the 10k full clear bonuses. When things get out of hand you have to work with the blocks they give you to pull everything back to the middle. It's very satisfying when you grasp how to slowly move things into the configurations you need for the bonuses. The clear line tempo changes can make getting the bonus points very challenging. Unlike most puzzle games Lumines gets much more difficult when the clear line gets much slower.

Last edited:

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017

Ya this is such a dope dlc track.. maybe I should just fire up my 360 instead of spending 15 bucks for the ability to play on steam :P

then again.. the 360 controller sucks ass with it's terrible d-pad

I was losing my mind because I was persuaded I heard this somewhere else and it hit me. The same song is in No More Heroes.

QisTopTier

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017

It's both very simple and more complex than it looks so yes.

low-G

Oct 25, 2017
I forgot how difficult the game is. Failed twice trying to finish marathon. (I finished it a few times on PSP)

There are times I think I have it in the bag then stuff gets out of hand and I lose. Did finish VS CPU though.

Juxtapozed

Oct 28, 2017
anyone got full screen working on steam? it just seems to crash to a black screen after selecting full screen at 1080p.

Novocaine

Oct 26, 2017
Not showing up on the Aus Xbox store yet so I bought on Switch. Man those joycons are doing some serious rumbling.

Probably gonna double dip for 4K

Merton

Oct 25, 2017
Why not put electronic symphony on the switch, for me its arguably a better game and also why not have both on the switch, thatd be cool.

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
Yikes, I forgot what it was like to suck at Lumines. I haven't played it since Lumines 2 came out, so pretty much 10 years. I used to be really good, but I'm back to total noob now.

Kovacs

Oct 27, 2017
I've got a horrible feeling I'm about to double-dip. I want it on Switch as on a portable with earphones is how Lumines should be played. But damn, that PS4 offer with the downloadable soundtrack and theme is killing me.

Dreenk

Oct 27, 2017
Lumines is the rare series where I'll just consume everything that ever gets created for it. I never had a PSP, but I've played hundreds of hours between the original PC port, Supernova on PS3, ES on the Vita, and P&M on mobile. It's the game for me where I can just sit down and zone out with it for hours, at some point looking up and seeing that it's gotten dark outside.

Grabbed this one on PS4, and will almost certainly grab the Switch version later since the HD Rumble stuff sounds really cool, and it's never a bad thing to have Lumines on-the-go.

TSM

Oct 27, 2017
It looks like the old PC release of Lumines got stealth-delisted from Steam alongside this release. It was $10 and had this DLC which is not yet delisted.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/11920/LUMINES_Advance_Pack/

No Genki Rockets is a damn shame.

I own both versions, and it's very bare bones. Maximum in game resolution is 960x540. Full screen is anything but full screen. There is a huge border around the game "full screen" at 1080p. It's worth noting that the Advance Pack is stand alone. You do not need to own the base Lumines to play it.

Oct 25, 2017
I was going to put this off for later while I cleared backlog, but as an HD Rumble enthusiast from day one, the visible astonishment here has made me very curious about trying it now.

Richiek

Nov 2, 2017
This is my first time playing Lumines ever and I gotta say I'm impressed with the HD rumble, probably the best use ever on the Switch. The rumble is extremely strong and matches with the beat perfectly.

BriGuy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's probably been 10 years since I've last played Lumines, but I still managed to get to level 42 until a combination of an unfortunate theme change and colorblindness fucked me over. Still as fun as I remember. What I don't remember though is the chain blocks just working as soon as they're dropped. Didn't you used to need to at least have a block of four to get them started?

marc^o^

Oct 26, 2017
Paris, France
I was going to put this off for later while I cleared backlog, but as an HD Rumble enthusiast from day one, the visible astonishment here has made me very curious about trying it now.
I would recommend it for this only reason in your case, it's the best use of the tech by far, and multiplied by the amount of joycons you have. And Lumines is a must have, rumble or not.

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe it's just me but I like the part where it goes shinin shinin shinin shinin shinin shinin shinin shinin shinin shinin shinin shinin shinin shinin shinin shinin

and shinin shinin shinin

WiiDSmoker

Banned
May 13, 2018
It's probably been 10 years since I've last played Lumines, but I still managed to get to level 42 until a combination of an unfortunate theme change and colorblindness fucked me over. Still as fun as I remember. What I don't remember though is the chain blocks just working as soon as they're dropped. Didn't you used to need to at least have a block of four to get them started?

Yeah..seems they changed it. I noticed this change in the iOS version too.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I remember playing the shit out of this on my PSP. Plus I used credit so it was only $7. Insta bought.

pants

Shinra Employee
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Legit cant wait to get home and praise the hypnotic rhythms of one of my GOAT games

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
OT title should've been "NO, this doesn't have Genki Rocket"

Absolutely enjoyed the Vita game, it was the one that finally clicked with me after trying the 360 version & not really able to play well due to the 360 d-pad plus not having headphones kind of didn't help. Would be amazing if we got DLC from the other games.

Just gave Challenge Mode a try & so far, made it to level 52 in 27 minutes. Trying to remember the last time I played Electronic Symphony, but I know it was years ago