Darkstar0155

Oct 27, 2017
Never really followed this series. Does it really have enough people thatd be interested in it to pay the development for a full remake?

Just seems odd so late in the ps4/xb1 lifespan

dreamfall

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if they still have the Playboy & Vargas licenses, and if they incorporate them into collection for Mafia 1 - the tough questions I know baha!

Matzpxl

Jun 4, 2019
Brasília, Brazil
Mafia 1, still in its old version, is the best of the 3.
Mafia 2 was great, but had story content cut becuase the game was bloating at the time, i think they added some of it in the DLC. I still think 2 is better than 3 though. 3 really shows it was made by completely different studio. I just hope they dont Mafia 3 their remake of Mafia 1.
I see. Looking forward to replay (and play Mafia 1 for the first time) these games tho

Geist

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Holy fuck, this was my first GTA-esque game I played, so hyped for this. Can't fucking wait.

Zaubrer

Oct 16, 2018
if they don't implement the cop mechanics I'm gonna be pissed. Loved that you couldn't go over red or drive to fast.

DrKelpo

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
CAy9wT8.png

If only that file size was true.. lmao

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
Never really understood that criticism of Mafia 2. For me, the only extra worth doing in these open world games is creating mayhem and seeing how much carnage you can cause. With Mafia 2, you could definitely go on crime sprees and see how long you could hold out against the waves of cops sent after you. That's all that matters to me. The cell phone calls to go bowling... whatever. Not missed.
And it was incredibly realsitic. I still remember vividly how racist were the cops in the black neighbourhood, that even when it was you who created problems they went after the npcs (and that didnt happen in other neighborhoods), and how the police came to a store that you ransacked after some time putting the police line and drawing in chalk on the floor any dead bodies.
And how the gas station exploded with the nividia physics explosion tech at the time. OMG!

dreamfall

Oct 25, 2017
I hope Mafia 3 gets some gameplay adjustments like the mission structure to make it a bit less repetitive.

This is what I hope for also - just give us a story mission option to progress without unlocking the city. If they can redesign it as such, it would really be a marvel. Those Mafia 3 mission beats to assassinate targets were some of the absolute best. And the DLC for Signs of the Time was a step in the best direction , so who knows !

Benjamin1981

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I still have my Mafia PC Game CDs somewhere. Really really loved the game. Hopefully they can deliver a worthy remake.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
mafia 3 problem was that it was a video game, the writing and acting was movie or tv series level. Honestly the best i seen before that and since

Dusktildawn48

Chicken Chaser
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
St. Louis
Not really. There's a few callbacks IIRC but nothing that would stop you from enjoying the story. 2 > 3 has more story connections.
Only thing connected is one mission, but doesn't have anything to do with the main plot.

And... I suggest you to wait for the first one and beat it first, yeah.
not really. there is one mission in 2 which is like a head nod to 1, but there are no ties besides that at all.
Awesome thanks! I can't wait to play these.

Tango-Pirate

Oct 29, 2017
UK
I've never played the first game but I think Mafia 2 is really underrated and one of my fave games from last gen. I can remember it selling really well here in the UK where I think it went to the top of the charts the week it came out or very high up at least.

Yes there wasn't much to do in the open world but the detail in the environment and atmosphere was superb and the missions were very good too.

Joris-truly

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Netherlands
Holy shit!!! My childhood game. I intensely remember my weekend playthrough with my best friend at the time.. who i haven't spoken for over 17 years :(

...i should call him with this (rumoured) news :)

HeRinger

Oct 28, 2017
Mafia is legit one of the best games ever made. Super excited for this.

Mafia 2 and 3 I'll pass.

Nzyme32

Oct 28, 2017
Mafia 1 is one of my favourite games.
Really REALLY hope there are no screw ups to the score, which is super underrated