Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
apps.32471.14479109482538687.fee2b7fd-33b8-463e-b444-b5f0839c1d2b.78f6a377-c5d7-4184-abfa-356d58fc720f

This gives me vibes back to when GTAIII was being hyped up. I couldn't wait to explore the world with those graphics.

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
Well, if they are only releasing it as a single trilogy release I guess that explains the lack of Switch port maybe since I doubt Switch could handle Mafia 3 without a lot of work.

Never played Mafia 1 and 2, but really didn't enjoy 3 at all. I've heard the first two are much better, especially two, so may check this out for those.

The Switch could probably run Mafia III, just on the basis of PC system requirements The Witcher III requirements aren't less than Mafia III's.

The Switch isn't PC sure enough, but the dev nature of these games makes it scalable. It's just a shame people can't let go of the stigma because of the Wii U being moderate upgrade compare to PS3/360 gen, it seemily attached to the Switch despite the fact its quite a bit more powerful then the Wii U which it in itself was more powerful than the PS3 and 360.

Psyrgery

Nov 7, 2017
Holy shit I was NOT expecting a full blown remake of Mafia 1.

This is insane, I love it. Looks gorgeous!

Lord Fanny

Apr 25, 2020
The Switch could probably run Mafia III, just on the basis of PC system requirements The Witcher III requirements aren't less than Mafia III's.

The Switch isn't PC sure enough, but the dev nature of these games makes it scalable. It's just a shame people can't let go of the stigma because of the Wii U being moderate upgrade compare to PS3/360 gen, it seemily attached to the Switch despite the fact its quite a bit more powerful then the Wii U which it in itself was more powerful than the PS3 and 360.

If you notice in what you quoted, I said "without a lot of work." Not that it couldn't be done, period

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
I hope the Mafia 1 6 month EGS exclusivity isn't true. If it is it's not a big deal I'll wait but still.

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
Okay so I guess Mafia 2 remaster comes out the 19th, and Mafia remake comes out August so the Trilogy pack is...what? Just all three titles bundled together?

Is the story of 1 and 2 tied together or is it standalone?

All three games have connections actually. A couple of characters from 1 return for 2, and Vito Scaletta the main from 2 has fairly important role in 3.

Night Hunter

Dec 5, 2017
God I hope they don't change too much about the first game. Sure, the gameplay systems could use some upgrades, but I still love the flow and feeling of the game.

BurnKnuckle21

Nov 17, 2017
Here's hoping

zRILR2y.gif

Hkq7wFZ.gif

gifs by user Net_Wrecker

This is my biggest hope for 2.

I like it as well, amazing soundtrack, great story, I don't know why people hate it so much.

Because it was horribly repetitive, the AI sucked, and it was an absolute chore to beat. The story was alright but Lincoln's buddy (the former CIA guy, can't remember the name) was a lot more interesting and likable than Lincoln IMO. I'm sure a lot of people didn't like the fact that it wasn't a traditional Italian Mafia story either but I didn't have a huge problem with that.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Well damn, I'd be in for the first game alone, Mafia 2 Remastered is a nice cherry on top though. Mafia 3... well, Mafia 2 Remastered is a nice cherry on top!

ManOfWar

Jan 6, 2020
Brazil
Because it was horribly repetitive, the AI sucked, and it was an absolute chore to beat. The story was alright but Lincoln's buddy (the former CIA guy, can't remember the name) was a lot more interesting and likable than Lincoln IMO. I'm sure a lot of people didn't like the fact that it wasn't a traditional Italian Mafia story either but I didn't have a huge problem with that.

As if the other ones weren't repetitive? I mean, the three games revolve around the same drive from point A to B to shoot guys and watch cut-scenes. The three, at least, had some stealth elements into it, Mafia 2 didn't even got that. I played quite sometime ago, so I can't really remember the AI in detail, but if it were this bad I'm pretty sure I'd remember.

The CIA buddy was a great character indeed, but I didn't mind he as a sidekick. Really liked the story precisely because it wasn't full of old italian mafia tropes.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Those Mafia 1 shots look next-gen. Have to be bullshots. If the game looks like that on my Xbox One X, my fucking jaw will snap off.

Kneefoil

Oct 25, 2017
Time to get my revenge on that fucker gun shop owner.

Also Mafia 1 is the very definition of a janky masterpiece. Do it justice and it's a day one cop. 💯 💯

That's a good video. I'm kind of expecting them to remove some of the simulation aspects of the first game in the name of modernization and quality of life. The thought saddens me a bit, but the original's not going anywhere; I still have a copy.

Also...
Fuck you, Sam! I can't wait to kill your sorry ass again, you goddamn bastard!

I think this is still the #1 video game betrayal to me.

MrH

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
I loved Mafia 1 & 2 but I booted up 3 and it ran like shit so I never played it. I couldn't get 60fps with a GTX 1080/8600K regardless of settings.

Shawt21

Banned
Apr 26, 2020
Well, I played all 3, never beat 1 because it was too hard, (I played it when I was like 11 or 12) loved it.
Lost interest in 2, I thought it was really boring.
Loved 3, pre-ordered it, beat it, bought all the dlc loved that also.

Long story short, I'm in 😊

Siresly

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
These images give off such classic next-gen bullshot vibes, reminding me of everything from The Getaway to The Godfather and those 2 Days to Vegas renders.

In any case, this is very cool. I did not expect the first game and I did not expect a full-fledged remake.
Might wait until I have a new PC to play it on though, as it will absolutely not look like that with a playable framerate on this one.

BurnKnuckle21

Nov 17, 2017
As if the other ones weren't repetitive? I mean, the three games revolve around the same drive from point A to B to shoot guys and watch cut-scenes. The three, at least, had some stealth elements into it, Mafia 2 didn't even got that. I played quite sometime ago, so I can't really remember the AI in detail, but if it were this bad I'm pretty sure I'd remember.

The CIA buddy was a great character indeed, but I didn't mind he as a sidekick. Really liked the story precisely because it wasn't full of old italian mafia tropes.

If you liked it, I'm not here to change your mind but to say they all share the same repetitiveness is not true at all. Mafia 2 is a much more narrative-driven campaign and can be beat in around 12 hours. It does have side missions but they are short and happen far less frequently than Mafia 3. Mafia 3 drags you around on hours of the same, boring, side-quests for the city takeover part of the game and forces you to go to the literal same exact areas sometimes multiple times to complete different side missions. If you don't remember the AI being that bad, don't take my word for it. Go back and play it or look at the countless other people that have also complained about it.

Mifune

Oct 30, 2017
Mafia 1 was pretty much unplayable once I got far enough into it. Super excited to play a revamped version because the narrative was awesome.

low-G

Oct 25, 2017
Ooh I really hope this is a remaster and less a remake of Mafia 1. If they downgrade M1 to fit M2's scope I'll be sad...

Bradford

terminus est
Aug 12, 2018
This is very exciting, I've had Mafia installed for a while but its Kbam controls are actually insane, so I haven't played it yet.

OozeMan

Feb 21, 2018
I hope they don't dumb down the unique mechanics of the first game to make it more palatable for the modern gamer. Because otherwise it'll turn into another generic open-world cover shooter game.

barksi

Oct 27, 2017
What an amazing annoucement. Beautiful screenshoots. I'm so hyped (as you can tell from my avatar).

Charamiwa

Oct 25, 2017
Bundling a full Mafia remake with 2 remasters as part of a trilogy feels like burying the lead. If it's as amazing as those screenshots make it seem you'd think they'd go stand alone.

dgrdsv

Oct 25, 2017
apps.32471.14479109482538687.fee2b7fd-33b8-463e-b444-b5f0839c1d2b.78f6a377-c5d7-4184-abfa-356d58fc720f

This gives me vibes back to when GTAIII was being hyped up. I couldn't wait to explore the world with those graphics.
Reflections here specifically look interesting as I don't think that these are SSR: look at the reflection of the left car tires, it's not occluded by the bumper. So either planar or... RT?