• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
What's majority? I don't want to accidentally turbo
You really can't help but try to link people together, can you? That's how you've played all game. You're always leaving some trail in your EoD posts so that you can just jump back at it without having to reassess your reads.
I really don't know what you want from me here. I've reassessed my reads, you just don't like the conclusions I have from them. I really don't know what to tell you.

I don't know.

Also this whole gamestate makes me want to lay my head down on the table.

vote: Sawneeks
I have long questioned her motivations and while I am still really curious about malus's role in dueling lynches (or the role of people who pushed him, I still believe he's town.

I keep thinking back to that purity argument, though. It's sticking in my head though I'm not sure what to do with it or if I'm going to have time today. I might shift, but I wanted to have a vote down here.
I still want to flip malus, but he's close to majority.

Vote: Sawneeks

This isn't a throwaway vote either. Brazil and Natiko have made good arguments against her.
I don't want to go back and quote Blarg's so imagine Blarg's is here too.

:|
:||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

monkey at least has talked about me, what the hell are the two of you doing? Especially that vote from LP. 'Made good arguments' is handwavey as all hell.
The fact that I'm still alive doesn't even come close to justifying why I would do that as scum. Not to mention that that's a logical fallacy.

There was no risk of me being lynched during that phase. I could've just stayed in the corner while Fandorin was lynched, and the end-result would've been exactly the same.

The only possible explanation for what I did is the fact that I'm town. You're all just too stubborn to accept it because I didn't play that phase conventionally.
He's really not. Once again: I would've gained more town points if I'd just laid back and let Fandorin get lynched. The claim, the mess I made - that stuff didn't help me. That stuff hurt me. I was, after all, trying to get lynched.

My D4 behavior doesn't make any sense for scum!Brazil. None. There would've been no reason for me to move like that.
Excuse me sir but to quote what you have told me

that's some WIFOM nonsense.

You're alignment for doing what you did isn't suddenly locked into Town by all of that. And what other's have said, your claim and defense of Fand is holding people back. That didn't 'hurt' you at all, it has clearly helped you out.

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
But Monkey I already hit my post count for the day.

Pretty sure I mentioned Sawneeks before. Her continued pursuit of Fandorin stuck out to me back on D3. So maybe both wagons are scum here, but if they were, scum would be pushing a third, and I don't see one here. Unless Fireblend was it, and that was scuppered when he claimed.

malus is my strongest scum read though. I had my doubts D3 with Faddy flipping scum, but revisiting the wagons made me consider the possibility of alternate scum.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Pretty sure I mentioned Sawneeks before. Her continued pursuit of Fandorin stuck out to me back on D3. So maybe both wagons are scum here, but if they were, scum would be pushing a third, and I don't see one here. Unless Fireblend was it, and that was scuppered when he claimed.

malus is my strongest scum read though. I had my doubts D3 with Faddy flipping scum, but revisiting the wagons made me consider the possibility of alternate scum.

?

If malus is scum, you're very clearly scum, yeah? This is an intense hedge. You just justified an out of left field vote and finished it by saying that the vote leader up i that point is still your top scum read.

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

So your scum read of me is predicated on my Fand tunnel? That's it?

Like I disagree with Brazil/Nat on their premise but this is a bandwagon read if I've ever seen one. And it reads here like you don't even think both Malus and I are scum, yet you're fine with voting either? Why?

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
The issue with Fandorin that gives me pause is how turmoil kept bringing him up. Could be WIFOM but putting fellow scum in the spotlight when you go down isn't the most optimal play. Also Saw was the first to push Fandorin and one of the last voters on turmoil so I'd be wary if Fandorin flips town.

My first mention of Sawneeks.

Pedro

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Majority should be 8?

---

==== DAY 6 VOTES ====
Day Start

malus (6 votes)
ezekelrage - #5,453
ceecee - #5,675
sorian - #5,693
fireblend - #5,695
fantomas - #5,904 #6,042
fluxwavez - #5,914 #5,954
blargonaut - #5,953 #6,009
rac - #6,085
fluxwavez - #6,100
blargonaut - #6,173 #6,187

sawneeks (5 votes)
natiko - #5,670
fantomas - #5,742 #5,904
brazil - #5,802
blargonaut - #5,935 #5,953
malus - #6,054
fantomas - #6,093
blargonaut - #6,151 #6,173
dr. monkey - #6,157 #6,169
lone_prodigy - #6,160 #6,162
blargonaut - #6,187

brazil (1 votes)
sorian - #5,680 #5,693
sawneeks - #5,854

sorian (0 votes)
brazil - #5,410 #5,414
blargonaut - #5,567 #5,657

ceecee (0 votes)
fluxwavez - #5,507 #5,778

fireblend (0 votes)
fantomas - #5,571 #5,742
sawneeks - #5,662 #5,800
dr. monkey - #5,760 #5,903
blargonaut - #5,774 #5,894
fluxwavez - #5,778 #5,914

Post Counts:
blargonaut: 137 fantomas: 90 dr. monkey: 89 sorian: 83 ezekelrage: 66 brazil: 59 fireblend: 48 sawneeks: 47 natiko: 42 fluxwavez: 35 rac: 27 kyanrute: 21 malus: 17 grizzly: 15 lone_prodigy: 13 ceecee: 11 pedro: 2

Click here to go to the Vote Tool!

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Dr. Monkey I also want to hear more from you on why you decided to vote for me. I expect you to make a case about me when it comes to wanting to lynch me yet it feels like you're just following Brazil/Nat, not making your own conclusion here. Why?

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
Excuse me sir but to quote what you have told me

that's some WIFOM nonsense.

You're alignment for doing what you did isn't suddenly locked into Town by all of that. And what other's have said, your claim and defense of Fand is holding people back. That didn't 'hurt' you at all, it has clearly helped you out.
There's no reason for scum!Brazil to do what I did.

There's nothing WIFOM about this. What's my motive for doing what I did as scum? Tell me, please.

If your answer is really "because look where we're at now", like Sorian said, then you're basically saying that I have a crystal ball, and that I was able to somehow predict that, by coming up with a weird-as-fuck fake claim, moving in bizarre ways, and almost getting myself lynched, I'd come out of that nonsense somehow a little less scumread.

When, once again, I could've just stayed put and let Fandorin be lynched. I'd still be able to shade people who voted for him. No weird-ass claim to back up. That path would've had an entirely predictable outcome.

Which one of these two sounds like a move that scum would do? If your answer isn't the latter, then you're probably too far gone in this game anyway.

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil

Honestly, I think I'd rather lynch you than Saw right now.

This is some nonsense. If malus is your strongest scum read, there's no reason for you to vote for Sawneeks.

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
I was going to vote malus but he was close to majority, so I put a vote on the other wagon to make things interesting.

Fireblend

Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
I'd like to know if you guys think I should remove my vote. I think there's a decent chance Malus is scum but seeing how I'll have won or lost the game by the start of the next phase, it's really not my game to play anymore.

Also after the flip, knowing who'd wanted me to remove my vote might come in useful to town, so hey, a parting gift in exchange for your help.

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
There's no reason for scum!Brazil to do what I did.

There's nothing WIFOM about this. What's my motive for doing what I did as scum? Tell me, please.

If your answer is really "because look where we're at now", like Sorian said, then you're basically saying that I have a crystal ball, and that I was able to somehow predict that, by coming up with a weird-as-fuck fake claim, moving in bizarre ways, and almost getting myself lynched, I'd come out of that nonsense somehow a little less scumread.

When, once again, I could've just stayed put and let Fandorin be lynched. I'd still be able to shade people who voted for him. No weird-ass claim to back up. That path would've had an entirely predictable outcome.

Which one of these two sounds like a move that scum would do? If your answer isn't the latter, then you're probably too far gone in this game anyway.
Because I am saying the exact same thing when it comes to my read/tunnel on Fandorin yet you keep handwaving it away like somehow your situation is somehow different.

If I'm scum why would I build fake connections between multiple scum players to just one person? Especially if I knew this person was going to eventually flip Town? My time would be so much better spent looking in the rest of the pack with everyone else instead of making myself stick out with that read. I was the only person pushing that for a long time and that makes no sense if I'm scum.

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
I was going to vote malus but he was close to majority, so I put a vote on the other wagon to make things interesting.
Interesting for who? How does making the train you think is less likely to have scum get into hammer range help town?

If you don't want to hammer but still think the leading train is scum, you simply don't vote.

VOTE: Lone_Prodigy

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, Kyan said earlier he wanted to vote Malus too, but wasn't going to place one because he's close to majority. He's not voting for Saw to "make things interesting."

But whatever, you do you LP. Got any vote spreadsheets to share with the class by the way? I miss those. Just make sure you highlight my name in green.

CeeCee

Oct 25, 2017
I actually think Brazil is the next most likely scum after malus, but it could be Saw.

The way Brazil and Saw have gone after each other would be unusually bold for wolf/wolf

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
Because I am saying the exact same thing when it comes to my read/tunnel on Fandorin yet you keep handwaving it away like somehow your situation is somehow different.

If I'm scum why would I build fake connections between multiple scum players to just one person? Especially if I knew this person was going to eventually flip Town? My time would be so much better spent looking in the rest of the pack with everyone else instead of making myself stick out with that read. I was the only person pushing that for a long time and that makes no sense if I'm scum.
That... makes sense. I feel like my situation is different because there was a clear alternative to the path I took that would've made much more sense for scum. But I understand why you would see these two situations similarly.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I see everyone else picked at that quick. I'm all for making wagons interesting but not this late in the game and that close to a hammer, come on now.

CeeCee You don't think how Brazil was first half of day 4 against malus was pretty bold to be wolf/wolf?

CeeCee

Oct 25, 2017
I see everyone else picked at that quick. I'm all for making wagons interesting but not this late in the game and that close to a hammer, come on now.

CeeCee You don't think how Brazil was first half of day 4 against malus was pretty bold to be wolf/wolf?

Malus looked like a pretty likely lynch there, could be a misjudged bus

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Malus looked like a pretty likely lynch there, could be a misjudged bus

I guess, the arc of malus is scum to Sorian/malus is scum to Sorian is scum/malus is a patsy read consistent enough. If he's going to bus, he just busses, I don't see why he's pull out there, it's not like I was getting traction that wasn't there already.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
Feeling preeeetty good about my last scum list.

Maybe because you always planned to try and back down when the time came to create separation from the lynch? You voted Brazil when the time came, not Fand.

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
giphy.gif

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
hey um I'm kind of in a situation here - my car door has been freezing and the latch may have snapped (not sure yet) and i'm kinda stuck for a bit but i should make it back before eod I hope

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Feeling preeeetty good about my last scum list.

Maybe because you always planned to try and back down when the time came to create separation from the lynch? You voted Brazil when the time came, not Fand.
There is nothing I can say here other than you're wrong. There's no proof of that but I understand there isn't proof against it either, it's a WIFOM argument. Again I reiterate that why would I purposefully put myself in the spotlight like that if I knew Fand was going to flip Town? Whether I stayed with him or not I had garnered attention for that read of him and I feel like we'd be having this same argument if I voted for him the last Phase.
hey um I'm kind of in a situation here - my car door has been freezing and the latch may have snapped (not sure yet) and i'm kinda stuck for a bit but i should make it back before eod I hope
Yikes, stay safe Monkey. Mafia is whatever, just don't get hurt. D:

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Vote: Malus

Self-preservation. Will claim if you all want me to but my response may be slow as I'm at work.

Would also not be against a push on LP after that vote either.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
There is nothing I can say here other than you're wrong. There's no proof of that but I understand there isn't proof against it either, it's a WIFOM argument. Again I reiterate that why would I purposefully put myself in the spotlight like that if I knew Fand was going to flip Town? Whether I stayed with him or not I had garnered attention for that read of him and I feel like we'd be having this same argument if I voted for him the last Phase.

Yikes, stay safe Monkey. Mafia is whatever, just don't get hurt. D:
I wish I could magically know how many times you've scumread someone for doing exactly that. You're sitting here arguing "why would scum push a mislynch" lol If you had voted him the other phase I would have at least felt like you were committed. Instead you jumped ship to Brazil and gasp now scumread him instead.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
Natiko what do you make of LP in these last few pages?
If it wasn't clear from earlier I wouldn't at all be surprised to see he's scum. He's probably the person I most suspect out of that more nebulous group that I pegged as containing scum (LP, rac, fire, and blarg). Fire's claim will resolve itself one way or the other, I don't have any reason to town read rac but others have been pretty confident there, and Blarg is a mystery. LP on the other hand came in the other day and had a couple more involved posts and he was handed a bunch of town reads as a result. I already mentioned previously that I felt like Malus was potentially being protected from a lynch by Bae when she bussed turmoil. I wonder if this was another similar scenario and it's scum v scum.

malus

Oct 30, 2017
Sorry for disappearing, I had to take care of something but I should now be around for a bit.

As it looks now I guess there's nothing saving me anymore. Maybe that's for the best since I seem to have drawn quite a bit of attention over the course of the game without providing many useful reads. I just hope you don't waste the next day phase going after Brazil as well to clear up the last doubt about the Fando/Brazil/malus trio.

Another thing I want to say, if you fail to hit scum in the next day phase you had better go for Sorian, since he will almost certainly side with scum after that.

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
Sorry for disappearing, I had to take care of something but I should now be around for a bit.

As it looks now I guess there's nothing saving me anymore. Maybe that's for the best since I seem to have drawn quite a bit of attention over the course of the game without providing many useful reads. I just hope you don't waste the next day phase going after Brazil as well to clear up the last doubt about the Fando/Brazil/malus trio.

Another thing I want to say, if you fail to hit scum in the next day phase you had better go for Sorian, since he will almost certainly side with scum after that.
I take it from your tone that you don't have an incredible claim up your sleeve.

Blargonaut

Oct 26, 2017
I'd like to know if you guys think I should remove my vote. I think there's a decent chance Malus is scum but seeing how I'll have won or lost the game by the start of the next phase, it's really not my game to play anymore.

Also after the flip, knowing who'd wanted me to remove my vote might come in useful to town, so hey, a parting gift in exchange for your help.
unvote if you want to eat

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
my response may be slow as I'm at work
Last time I was away from a bit I got 3 rapid votes on me. :p
I wish I could magically know how many times you've scumread someone for doing exactly that. You're sitting here arguing "why would scum push a mislynch" lol If you had voted him the other phase I would have at least felt like you were committed. Instead you jumped ship to Brazil and gasp now scumread him instead.
So I'm damned if I do, damned it I don't? Isn't this the same thing you're accusing me of doing to Fand?