• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
If you are gonna do a cult, goal is survival.

So you focus on players that tend to survive. Skirting that line of scummy that mafia won't bother to kill, but town enuff to not bother lynching.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
Went back and looked at the reactions to turmoil's claim. Rac tried to move a vote to Flux, kyan argues for Flux's lynch, and Sorian initially says to lynch Flux first but that becomes to lynch "one of them" without further instruction. Zubz (now Zeke) was not present to say anything. The one that stands out the most is kyan if we're hoping to find the cult leader that might be a good place to look.

uh....that still is talking about the modifier talk and you saying there was an effort to make sure brazil couldnt prove his power.

Looks like the same thing to me.
..You literally talk about Brazil and him verifying his power in those posts. That's why I discussed your fail in KH. What are you even saying lol You've still not produced your lie about me attacking you over CeeCee and accusing you of things that weren't true.

Fireblend

I may have missed it, but why did you handle the shot the way you did?
=================

What is the priority for this day phase? Looking for cultists on scum?
Cult even if restricted to a max likely has close to a majority. I'm pretty sure we have to hit cult to not lose. Hell, even then we need scum to kill cult as well. We still might not even be able to win then. We might not even be able to make it past today if they're at five members.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Lone_Prodigy
D2

• Did not vote on turmoil7. (Did not vote at all)
D3
  • Did not vote on faddy. (Did not vote at all)
D4
  • Voted on malus.
D5
  • Did not vote on Pirate Bae. (Did not vote at all)
D6
  • Was the third vote in a weirdly abrupt Sawneeks train. (#6160)
  • Did not care much for who would get lynched between Sawneeks and malus, despite saying he'd be gunning for a malus lynch. (#6211)
  • Throws suspicion on Zeke at 6056. (possibly on opposing teams, along with Zeke's own suspicion of him).
Thought this'd be more involved when I started making it, but... there's not a lot there? In general, he likes to throw suspicion around people who end up being scum, and not on scum themselves. An example at 3237.

malus was an easy target for scum to attach themselves to, as it turns out, and he was primarily the only one Lone_Prodigy primarily suspected this game once others started doing so. Then, he started talking about suspecting Sawneeks when others did as well. Going after people who end up being town (or ex-town, I guess) when they become the focus of a potential lynch, but completely ignoring it if it's scum who ends up becoming that focus.

Fantomas, why do you think you're still alive? That first post of yours today was pre-typed, right? Guessing certain parts of it were modified based on what happened during the night phase? You're definitely not scum, so there's that, at least.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
Imagine if I hadn't used the shot, we'd still not know there's a cult. I wonder if I'd be out of the game.
I was all set to give you PPM. Then I saw the cult and decided you were cult too and it had something to do with the modifier. Now I kind of am back to believing you but like Sorian said if you leave the game we probably instantly lose now so..uh...thanks very much for the help, please enjoy your remaining time until we lose the game for us and you lol

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
..You literally talk about Brazil and him verifying his power in those posts. That's why I discussed your fail in KH. What are you even saying lol You've still not produced your lie about me attacking you over CeeCee and accusing you of things that weren't true.
Yea im talking about brazil verifying his power in response to you saying a grp was working against him.

Yea I knew you brought up KH to shitsling, which is why I said it was stupid for you to bring it up.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
@Fantomas, why do you think you're still alive? That first post of yours today was pre-typed, right? Guessing certain parts of it were modified based on what happened during the night phase? You're definitely not scum, so there's that, at least.
It was pre-typed only because I asked Grizzly to tell me as soon as he could whether or not I died, so yeah, I knew I was going to be alive shortly before the day started and typed that up.

I don't know why I am alive. I think the point Sorian made earlier made sense because I could be considered a Cult suspect due to the Saw flip.

It's either that, or the Scum team has me deeeeeeeeeeep in their pockets by now and know I won't advocate for one of their lynches.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
Yea im talking about brazil verifying his power in response to you saying a grp was working against him.

Yea I knew you brought up KH to shitsling, which is why I said it was stupid for you to bring it up.
Let's not go down this road again. We disagree. I tagged you in a post after I actually investigated it and decided it was unfounded. Sorry I'm an asshole.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Ugh... Hey, Natiko, can I have a quick reads list from you? Hard to tell what's even happening now. I figure you're not part of the cult because of how you chased after Sawneeks, but that still leaves town/scum.

Mine, I guess, are:

Town (Or Former)
  • Dr. Monkey (trust meant I also believed she wouldn't be part of the cult but, now that I think about it, she totally can be, especially if she was recruited last night or something)
  • Fantomas
  • CeeCee (again, reluctantly simply because of counter to the bomb. wouldn't be surprised at all if he's cult)
Neutral (?)
  • Fireblend
  • Sorian
Dunno
  • Blargonaut
  • Kyanrute
  • Natiko
Suspect
  • EzekelRAGE
  • rac
  • Lone_Prodigy

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Also, are we supposed to be focusing on lynching cult members or scum right now? I'm not sure that cult wins by gaining a majority here, but assuming the worst case scenario, should we actually be gunning to lynch them? There might actually only be 1 scum member left now, with a cult being in play.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
You've still not produced your lie about me attacking you over CeeCee and accusing you of things that weren't true.

Here. Sorian/Mal say dayvig = counter to Bomb, thus confirming CC as town. Sorian brings up that in a previous game an override couldve been used ot defeuse a bomb. Malus says there HAS to be a counter to the bomb. I tell malus that override being the counter is just as likely as day vig being the counter. I didn't believe it, but figured it would be enuff for malus.
And Grizzly said post-game it was probably a mistake to have the role in the game like that. I would actually have been more shocked if this game had a role like that than having it countered in a different form.

From my memory our counter to it who was playing it up all game suddenly became very anti-town and refused to vote.
I never said there was a defuser in this game, So bringing up Grizzly never wanting to have the role in a game again doesnt matter.

2nd part is you just shitslinging. Me and fanto were jokingly referring to the game.

I think an override being unaffected by a lynch bomb is atypical as opposed to the norm. Making an assumption that the role would be given an exception in this game vs. a role we know beyond any doubt would not be affected by a lynch bomb seems like a streeeeeeeetch. Tunneltunneltunneltunneltunnel.
I never cared about override being right or not for the bomb.
Idk what you are arguing. I'm just saying scum bomb =/= cc day vig is bomb counter
I clarify what im saying, because it's obvious to me you think im pushing override.
And I'm saying you're probably wrong and this reach to use the override as justification is poor.
I didnt use the override as justification.
Natiko i don't think there was a specific counter to the bomb AT ALL.
Me trying to clarify again.

rac

Oct 25, 2017
Like Fireblend, you're not going to achieve your win condition. Either we lynch you eventually and get the uncertainty out of the way, or you get killed by scum like how Brazil was.

why the hell would we lunch fire eventually?
the only reason he's still in the game because town didn't vote pizza
we needed to get that question mark it

rac

Oct 25, 2017
we needed to get that question mark out of the game last night not wait for a mislynch
if you want to find scum and cult the first clue is whoever didn't vote pizza last night

fucking mobile

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
Sure, haven't reread everything I want to get but right now I'd say:

Town:
Fantomas
CeeCee
FluxWaveZ

Neutral?:
Fireblend (true neutral)
Sorian (cult aligned now)

Cult:
EzekelRAGE
kyanrute
rac
Blargonaut
Dr. Monkey?

Scum:
Lone_Prodigy
Dr. Monkey?

It's possible Dr. Monkey is cult or scum, but if she's cult she was converted last night after lynching Saw (she did claim vanilla).

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
I'm pretty sure we have to hit cult to not lose. Hell, even then we need scum to kill cult as well. We still might not even be able to win then. We might not even be able to make it past today if they're at five members.
Also, are we supposed to be focusing on lynching cult members or scum right now? I'm not sure that cult wins by gaining a majority here, but assuming the worst case scenario, should we actually be gunning to lynch them? There might actually only be 1 scum member left now, with a cult being in play.
I honestly have no idea, I've never been in a Cult situation. I think LP is Scum which is why I voted for him. If I were going to vote for a cult member, it would be Zeke/Rac/Kyan like Natiko was saying earlier. They look the most suspect to me with the days long thirst for Malus's blood.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
not how it read to me
That was a reply to Sorian. It was after I said that Fireblend isn't going to win because Pineapple Pizza won't be chosen. So he won't win either, as the other neutral, since he won't survive. I don't know how you interpreted it differently, but that's why I'm clarifying.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
we needed to get that question mark out of the game last night not wait for a mislynch
if you want to find scum and cult the first clue is whoever didn't vote pizza last night

fucking mobile
lol

I didnt vote pizza because we just lost 2 ppl in one day phase. If FB was telling the truth, they leave and increases scum chances of winning.

Maybe we should look at the ppl that did vote for FB to leave?

======
I think FB claim of neutral is true.

FB didnt have to claim the shot on Mal. Doesnt make sense from a scum pov. Couldve just let cc take the fall.
FB wouldnt have put a fellow cult member in jeopardy like that by letting them get lynched.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
Here. Sorian/Mal say dayvig = counter to Bomb, thus confirming CC as town. Sorian brings up that in a previous game an override couldve been used ot defeuse a bomb. Malus says there HAS to be a counter to the bomb. I tell malus that override being the counter is just as likely as day vig being the counter. I didn't believe it, but figured it would be enuff for malus.

I never said there was a defuser in this game, So bringing up Grizzly never wanting to have the role in a game again doesnt matter.

2nd part is you just shitslinging. Me and fanto were jokingly referring to the game.

I never cared about override being right or not for the bomb.

I clarify what im saying, because it's obvious to me you think im pushing override.

I didnt use the override as justification.

Me trying to clarify again.
Dude the very first post of mine you quote I was responding to this:

Kh had a dedicated role to defuse the bomb.
That's my only experience with it.

Day vig being in the game to counter a bomb wn day vig doesn't know a bomb is in the game doesn't make sense.

I was pointing out that this game would likely not have a direct counter to he bomb like KH, so it would come in a different form. You clearly push that you think CeeCee is NOT a counter to the bomb (as you believe he is scum), which means to me at that point you think Override is counter (you also jumped on Sorian for not sharing said information about a past game sooner). It's only after you try and pivot at the end to say you think there's no counter that I realize what you're arguing and drop it because frankly you're just wrong.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Okay. I'm fully here now. I still want to read back a little for more depth, but a few things:

I have not been converted to cult. I expect it's people least likely to be NKed or lynched at all before game end, so very middle-ground people: Kyan, Blarg, possibly rac - there's been some discussion around him, but he has had some loud and staunch defenders, I guess.

Re: Brazil dying over Fanto: I wonder if there was speculation Brazil was lying and was cult. He took himself off the Sawneeks vote, after all.

What I do not believe is Sorian's claim. Sorian, you've been the first one willing to talk about game balance and design this game and you really think that there are two neutrals and a whole-ass neutral cult converting people to more neutrals?

I also think at this point it's very possible and maybe even likely there's more cult than scum because they managed to go a long time without getting busted so unless recruit has been very unlucky, we could be right at end game.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
We have to lynch cult:

5 cult - 4 town - 1 scum - 2 neutral
Lynch scum, no NK, neutral leaves due to cult stacking

5 cult - 4 town - 1 cult aligned neutral
We lose
——————
5 cult - 4 town - 1 scum - 2 neutral
Lynch cult, NK cult, neutral leaves

3 cult - 4 town - 1 scum - 1 neutral
Suddenly it's not as clear cut for Sorian and we at least have a chance.

Both of those scenarios assume cult can't get more members past the six total. If they can we cannot win straight up.

fucking mobile
Cult would have loved for Fire to leave

5 cult - 4 town - 1 scum - 1 neutral
Sorian votes with the cult and we lose

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
Dude the very first post of mine you quote I was responding to this:

I was pointing out that this game would likely not have a direct counter to he bomb like KH, so it would come in a different form. You clearly push that you think CeeCee is NOT a counter to the bomb (as you believe he is scum), which means to me at that point you think Override is counter (you also jumped on Sorian for not sharing said information about a past game sooner). It's only after you try and pivot at the end to say you think there's no counter that I realize what you're arguing and drop it because frankly you're just wrong.
There was nothing to pivot from.

There was just no real counter to the bomb.

Not wasting time discussing how a bomber being in the game doesn't give any evidence to cc being town. That is a reach.

Those posts are before the one where you said I tried to "pivot"
Actually Sorian in the examples you brought up.
malus if there must be a counter present I would go with it being Stan, than it being cc. It makes more sense.
Tagged malus in the above post because HE was the one that believed there had to be a direct counter.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
There was nothing to pivot from.

Those posts are before the one where you said I tried to "pivot"

Tagged malus in the above post because HE was the one that believed there had to be a direct counter.
And I'm telling you that 100% the vig shot was meant to counter the bomb. Arguing scum was handed a role with absolutely no counter is dumb. You're just trying to derail the issue at hand which is cultists. Because you're a cultist.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Also neutrals still can't be converted to the cult, good try though everyone.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Hello fellow kids, who we voting?
XlOIcD4.gif

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
So we lynch cult or potentially lose. Fine, that works.
Re: Brazil dying over Fanto: I wonder if there was speculation Brazil was lying and was cult. He took himself off the Sawneeks vote, after all.
What do you mean by this?
Seconding this, actually. I went back throughout the thread and the only mention of a cult was Fran's speculation regarding the game modifiers and Cthulhu, and then Sawneeks' flip. Are you saying that scum identified there was a cult in play?

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Seconding this, actually. I went back throughout the thread and the only mention of a cult was Fran's speculation regarding the game modifiers and Cthulhu, and then Sawneeks' flip. Are you saying that scum identified there was a cult in play?
I don't want to respond for Monkey here, but the way I read that, she's wondering if Scum maybe shot at Brazil instead of me, following the Saw flip, because they thought he could have been lying about his role and was actually recruited.

I would even add to that and say it would also make sense why he wanted to be killed so desperately on D4 to give Town "more answers" or whatever.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Of course, they were wrong and Brazil was telling the truth, but that might have been their guess.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
then they would have just done it
unless you think im the only cult to vote there
Except they couldn't risk it? Even if cult stacks and gets both neutrals, if scum hit a cult member with the NK then:
4 cult - 5 town - 1 scum - 1 neutral

They're actually in a weaker position than today (outvoted by 1 even with the neutral).

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Also you don't have to trust me. Trust the facts. Unless I'm counterclaimed about the vig shot/Price is Right stuff, which would not be fun, you should be able to believe I'm not part of any cult and indeed actually helped town by exposing said cult.
HOWEVER, knowing there would be three deaths, it is entirely possible this was done for town cred just in case. 2-1 if cult already had a fair number of recruits is not a bad trade.
There was so little time left that if you aren't counter claimed, I might give this credence. There was no way Sneeks wasn't dying after that.
(neutrals can't even be converted I asked and you probably can too) so have fun if I'm the lynch
Okay. Grizzly, can you tell us about this?
So....ne1 who voted for saw isn't in the cult it the cult leader
I don't know if it's that easy. I doubt they'd purposely sacrifice a member but it looked very like malus was going to be lynched.
Fantomas is part of the cult and was probably recruited before Cabot died. Thus the crazy emphasis on his town alignment after his Mason role was "confirmed."
I think the emphasis is just Fantomas but until or unless we know their recruitment condition, that's a possibility. Sneeks' whole role PM being wiped out feels important here.
If you want logic for a second, why would I ever be truthful about being neutral if I knew a cult was about? But i doubt you want logic.
I can think of a reason - you felt you had the game in the bag. malus as next lynch, probably Brazil after that, recruiting all the while. You were, I think, the first to press AB for his targets so if the cult does recruit vanillas, there's that to consider.
I'm guessing in this instance they can only recruit vanilla town.
We don't know if this is true but if we find out any information then we can also figure out how many possible recruit targets there have been and we can get an idea of numbers. Several ordinaries have died.
There's no way Blarg is town, right? I mentioned he claimed all possible alignments to me on our boat chat, and I'm starting to believe he wasn't joking lol. He did want Sneeks to be lynched yesterday though.
Blarg kept flipping his vote around. He did end on Sneeks, and it was close - Kyan and I voted after.

I do think Kyanrute is a prime candidate for cult.
I think Sorian is the leader.
I'm lynching in suspected cult today because I do not want to lose in what had felt like the middle of the goddamned game until yesterday. We were on a roll with scum and now I'm just mad.

more catchup coming

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I don't want to respond for Monkey here, but the way I read that, she's wondering if Scum maybe shot at Brazil instead of me, following the Saw flip, because they thought he could have been lying about his role and was actually recruited.

I would even add to that and say it would also make sense why he wanted to be killed so desperately on D4 to give Town "more answers" or whatever.
Oh, I see the alternate reading now. Basically, speculation during the previous night phase in their own chat that Brazil could be scum.

Actually, this makes me realize that we're on the same side with scum now. Temporary truce or we both lose!

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017

Yes. Though I didn't even consider that last part. I think if he'd been converted and pulled that, though, it would technically be against the rules. So I doubt that was it. But yeah, I answered too.