Magic: The Gathering |OT| Core Set 2020 - Red Head Wins

Oct 28, 2017
I agree with Fairy Tale World. I don't think D&D is appropriate for Standard as Standard is too limiting of the cool things you could do. I also don't think they'll print silver-bordered cards into standard as you suggested as that's confusing.

Oct 26, 2017
That's too much overlap in black BW B and GB planeswalkers makes little sense
So then maybe no Garruk? Kaya and Lili will cross paths eventually so that’s a given combo. Still, the three of them represent three colors though even if it’s weighted toward black, and I could see a red and a blue walker rounding out the sets 5 cards if this is the story they wanted to tell. But I’m just guessing here

jph139

Oct 25, 2017
Massachusetts
I'm leaning Fairy Take Work too. Minimal ties to the main plot outside of a Gatewatch character going on an adventure there. Just a "breather" set with lots of theme and some light story - something like Innistrad.

D&D is possible but I can't help feeling that it's really, really lame. Particularly since they'd be doing one of the more basic, generic worlds. MTG worldbuilding is so much better than D&D worldbuilding it's not really even a competition.

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
A D&D crossover seems like the kind of thing you'd do as a supplemental set or something instead of into standard, yeah? Like doing the Commander precons with Fighter/Thief/Wizard/Cleric/Druid themes and D&D referencing original cards, or something like Archenemy and Planechase, or a special booster product like the Conspiracy and Battlebond stuff

I want an Australian plane so we can get gnarly platypus creatures and stuff

Oct 28, 2017
A D&D crossover seems like the kind of thing you'd do as a supplemental set or something instead of into standard, yeah? Like doing the Commander precons with Fighter/Thief/Wizard/Cleric/Druid themes and D&D referencing original cards, or something like Archenemy and Planechase, or a special booster product like the Conspiracy and Battlebond stuff

I want an Australian plane so we can get gnarly platypus creatures and stuff
I think you could do it as standard, but doing a supplemental set where drafts are dungeon crawling sounds so much better.

Poodlestrike

There is much talk, and I have listened...
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think it'd be an outright D&D set, but something like D&D - adventurer world, basically, like Zendikar was at one point.