OP
OP
SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
markrosewater 1h ago
s3amless asked:
Hi Mark, laughing jasper flint is a lizard rather than a viashino, is viashino being phased out in favor of lizard? If so will older viashino be errata'd to match?

The Viashino creature type has been changed to Lizard. The creatures are still Viashino from a flavor standpoint.

markrosewater 28m ago
tomwpost asked:
Are previous Viashino receiving the Lizard errata?

I'm pretty sure yes.

~~~

RIP viashino

Day 5 reveals - Saturday
OP
OP
SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
Sandstorm-Verge-OTJ-672.jpg
Akul-the-Unrepentant-OTJ-672.jpg

Note that this takes four tapped lands to activate, including itself. Might be useful against a single Atraxa, but being colorless makes it hard to use in a Standard deck.
You can use Akul to turn 4 an Atraxa, and it's a 5/5 flying trample on its own. Might be hard to build a deck to make that work consistently, though.

Deadman

Oct 29, 2017
Feels like the new set is trying really hard to make mono green exist again. I hope it works but fear it won't.

ujs39b4f7irc1.jpeg

OP
OP
SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
Metamorphic-Blast-OTJ-672.jpg
Return-the-Favor-OTJ-672.jpg

Oh nice, I was waiting for a weakening spell like this that was an instant instead of an Aura. This doesn't remove abilities, but it should nullify deathtouch and lifelink most of the time. And it's card draw on top of that.
Return the Favor is fantastic. Redirect and copy Leyline Binding triggers
:ohhhyeahhh:

Day 6 reveals - Sunday
OP
OP
SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
Going to get Breaking News previews this week. There will be one in every pack, as a reminder, so these are very relevant to Limited.

Archive-Trap-showcase-OTP-672.jpg
Voidslime-showcase-OTP-672.jpg

I suppose this is relevant if you really want to make a mill deck.
If you're in Simic, should be solid enough.

Leyline-Binding-showcase-OTP-672.jpg
Terminal-Agony-showcase-OTP-672.jpg

Nice to see an expensive Standard card get a reprint. I doubt you'll reduce the cost much in Limited, but it's solid at 5 or 4 mana anyway.
There is a common discard-draw creature in red, so this could be useful there.

OP
OP
SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
d06a1a70-aa26-4178-8486-e0a25c907cdb.jpg

Plot offers a lot of hand protection, so this kind of discard seems like it'd be worse than usual.

OP
OP
SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
6cb7fa80-ef76-11ee-ba3f-a9300d7ea833

Since you're the only other player, should be quite good in Limited. Be wary in Two-Headed Giant, though.

pioneer

May 31, 2022
The Prosperity Post might be my least favorite frames ever, jeez. I do prefer the classic frame but I'm not some purest because I get down with mystical archives and other treatments they've done, these are just ugly af

Smiley90

Oct 25, 2017
The Prosperity Post might be my least favorite frames ever, jeez. I do prefer the classic frame but I'm not some purest because I get down with mystical archives and other treatments they've done, these are just ugly af

Every card looks like its white, that what irks me the most. I already can't stand some of the full art lands that I can't immediately tell what colour they are.

Karu

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Every card looks like its white, that what irks me the most. I already can't stand some of the full art lands that I can't immediately tell what colour they are.
Yeah, reminds me of the File-style we just had with Karlov Manor. Just looking at the style itself I like Breaking News, but the hard black block at the end kills it for me.

Oct 29, 2017
USA
My brother invited me to go to this prerelease with him out of nowhere. We signed up for a 2HG sealed event so we could play together, and we may do a regular Sealed event afterwards if we're having a good time. However we haven't played in over ten years. I've kind of followed the game since then but only loosely. My last set was Scars of Mirrodin. Now I have to both refamiliarize myself and learn what has changed in the last decade.

viotech3

Jul 31, 2020
Maryland
I actually really like the showcase here for OTP (and the similar looking cards in OTJ). I def understand the color tonage issue though.

Day 7 reveals - Monday
OP
OP
SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
magic.wizards.com

Outlaws of the Land, Part 2

Mark continues his Outlaws of Thunder Junction previews with more cards and more behind-the-scenes design stories.

en_c9f3cff719.png
en_ca30439a22.png

Really good card. Aside from aggro, I could see this in control too.
Not sure how good this would be in Limited, since I don't know how many cards will be in your hand.

Article has a bunch of Western design brainstorming.

~~~

en_0eb5454789.png
en_8d4de4482e.png

Another high toughness card for early, and it gains life. I think this will be good for slowing down your opponent.
I think this is a card you'll cast normally a lot instead of plotting.

en_b0c6aa569e.png
en_85d7be30a1.png

Nice reprint, though Standard has too much exile for this to be useful.
Big flash turtle, seems solid.

en_42bb7adc22.png
en_9d2978ca1a.png

Pretty good. Note it also works with flash creatures.
Nice removal and a late game finisher.

en_fb083ec26e.png
en_59d4833de1.png

Really good. I think we have a winner for Make Disappear's replacement after rotation.
Solid draw spell.

en_0676358d3a.png
en_b1cf0eac5b.png

Got a cantrip crime.
This seems pretty nice in Limited.

en_4f98d052ed.png
en_ffeb781c83.png

This seems really strong for Limited.
Nice reprint, especially with Mercenary tokens.

en_52a450fd40.png
en_3c0cd9bcf0.png

Decent Limited card. In general there are fewer cards that care about Deserts than I expected, outside of them committing crimes.
Getting a Mercenary is nice, though this won't be a high pick.

en_9581fa73ee.png
en_8b050bbff2.png

Seems weak.
Looks like a good Limited beater.

en_fef58029d2.png
en_11c9deb53d.png

Good reprint, and don't underestimate how much this messes with combat.
Nice cantrip creature, and it's a ping + crime in a pinch.

en_450cae8de8.png
en_8b0423b451.png

Sacrificing a land makes this really nice late game.
Got more reach. I think the train angling up makes this feel less secret than other cards. Pretty nice.

en_68926264ce.png
en_cc7d24edd1.png

These kinds of cards have been solid in the last several Limited environments.
Pretty nice. Not sure how much first/double strike you'll be stopping, but it's a nice addition.

en_06d9440898.png
en_c189127bef.png

Alright removal that gets a lot better with a lot of plot cards.
Red getting 6 damage removal at common now, and it also takes out a Mercenary token.

en_3b6529ec8e.png
en_fe6feb3833.png

These are always nice blockers.
Pretty solid as a 3-drop or when plotted. Also you can flicker it.

en_0fce86f412.png
en_1df71634d1.png

Got a beaver! Pretty solid.
Nice punch effect.

en_51ae419274.png
en_0913960258.png

This getting a desert allows for a ping and color fixing.
Decent three-drop.

en_c066ed3c36.png
en_8aa4b2cabc.png

Bit odd to get two such similar lands. They're going to be late picks, but they're reliable color fixing.

Bunch of Breaking News cards, but I'll save that for later

OP
OP
SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
I'll just post the Breaking News cards I found notable

f1ec2b59-fbc5-464c-916c-b1accf29867d.jpg
6d550bc9-2cb5-4947-a48d-2c92b5c72541.jpg

This is very solid removal, if you haven't played with it before.
This seems notable with all the cards that care about things not being cast or cast for free.

442bb671-8b23-4e3b-bf39-18152a68887e.jpg
1cddae19-eb96-475c-9800-17ac57df4c0a.jpg

Really good removal.
Fling is always fun.

Skullcrack-showcase-OTP-672.jpg
7f399983-d70a-4cf3-b76e-bb0c472e7c69.jpg

Skullcrack hitting with an actual skull. Weird that this is at rare, but stopping life gain is nice.

Void-Rend-showcase-OTP-672.jpg
2daab74d-d66b-4164-aa19-24e8d5536f7d.jpg

Another in-Standard in-demand reprint.

Tyrants-Scorn-showcase-OTP-672.jpg
Reanimate-showcase-OTP-672.jpg

Good Limited removal.
Really strong reprint.

Force-of-Vigor-showcase-OTP-672.jpg
Outlaws-Merriment-showcase-OTP-672.jpg

Expensive reprint.
It's funny that only one of these creatures is an outlaw, and that's also the only one that commits a crime.

Cruel-Ultimatum-showcase-OTP-672.jpg
Contagion-Engine-borderless---textured-foil-OTP-672.jpg

Cruel Ultimatum is good, but I'm not sure if it's castable in Limited.
Expensive reprint.

Pariah-showcase-OTP-672.jpg
Surgical-Extraction-showcase-OTP-672.jpg

Enchant one of your opponent's creatures to make this a crime, especially one that can't block.
Decently expensive reprint. Odd to see a Phyrexian card here.

Abrupt-Decay-showcase-OTP-672.jpg
a8e328c6-3a84-49cf-a1a3-1d1e5373d274.jpg

Good and decently expensive reprint.

Murder-showcase-OTP-672.jpg
1ea6438b-0e6c-4d65-8bcd-34a988717c81.jpg

Murder is going to be a lot better in this format than one where everything has ward.

Unlicensed-Hearse-showcase-OTP-672.jpg
Endless-Detour-showcase-OTP-672.jpg

Two more in-Standard reprints, with this first one being the more expensive.
I like the art for this one.

Skewer-the-Critics-showcase-OTP-672.jpg
Repulse-showcase-OTP-672.jpg

Great removal that saw a lot of play before.
Bounce with card draw is stronger than you might think at first. This is going to be really good in Limited.

Mindbreak-Trap-showcase-OTP-672.jpg

And here it is! The most expensive card in Breaking News, which never saw a reprint until now. It's currently listed at $75 (though €35).

viotech3

Jul 31, 2020
Maryland
Alright so originally, I was gonna do a prerelease event; however now, I'm thinking I just grab a booster box & host a Winston draft with a friend. Then I've got a buncha excess boosters if we don't have fun, or up to 12 drafts spread out if we want.

The cards seem fun, and as commander players there's a lot of value present for me specifically. May even grab a precon too, for the general fixings for a deck per-se.

I know economically singles are always superior ofc. But it seems perfectly fun to do with boosters, and I have some cash to spare!

darkside

Oct 26, 2017
Highway Robbery is a really neat card, one of the better Tormenting Voice variants they've done. The fact it has both flexibility being able to pitch extra lands (effectively a draw 2 for 2) on top of discarding on top of being able to play it for free with setup (basically guarantees 3 spells on turn 3). Cool for standard with stuff like Reenact the Crime and I think it might even be good enough for older formats with stuff like Phoenix. Also hilarious with Claim Jumper

OP
OP
SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
GKIOiMka4AA-y57

Portal Three Kingdoms reprint. This was reprinted as a Judge Promo before, bringing it down to $35, but this is the first reprint of this scale.

Magic Story - Epilogue 1: Bring the End, Part 1
OP
OP
SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
Whoops, forgot to post the story summary
magic.wizards.com

Outlaws of Thunder Junction | Epilogue 1: Bring the End, Part 1

Jace, at the end of the Multiverse.
www.youtube.com

Epilogue 1: Bring the End, Part 1 | Outlaws of Thunder Junction

Jace, at the end of the Multiverse.Read it here: https://magic.wizards.com/en/news/magic-story/epilogue-1-the-invasion-treeSee more at MTGStory.comThis story...

* This goes back to the events of March of the Machine, when Jace was compleated.
* He manages to hide his soul in a small uncorrupted part of his mind. Thanks to Elspeth stabbing him with her Halo-coated spear, he can consciously view what his Phyrexianized self is up to and has slight control.
* He was badly hurt by Elspeth stabbing him, but projects an illusion of him easily pulling the spear out and standing next to Elesh Norn.
* However, he starts losing control and is compelled to go to Vryn to lead the invasion.
* Desperately, he tries to mesmerize his own body into viewing the oil as an infection and fight back against it, making himself feverish. On top of that, he makes his body think that it's winning the fight.

* Regardless, his Phyrexian self is killing many people and leading a slaughter on Vryn. Eventually, he weakens his Phyrexian self's hold enough to make his body fall asleep.
* He wakes up to find the army he was leading defeated, and he's in control of his body, though he's in a rough state.
* Thinking of Vraska, he goes to Ravnica, where the war is still well in progress. He finds Vraska and reaches out to her soul, as depicted by that one March of the Machine story.
* He gives Vraska's body instructions to fight the oil like an infection, like he did to himself, but after all of this, they will surely die soon.
* Remembering that he's known a healer all his life, Jace takes Vraska with him back to Vryn, and to his mother.

Nice story.

Day 8 reveals - Tuesday
OP
OP
SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
The Card Image Gallery is complete for OTJ and Breaking News!
magic.wizards.com

Outlaws of Thunder Junction | Card Image Gallery

Saddle up for the biggest heist around when Outlaws of Thunder Junction releases April 19, 2024.

en_9a38944329.png
en_dba5d33589.png

But we still have cards for The Big Score until Wednesday, and Commander cards that day too.
These cards are Standard legal.

Simulacrum-Synthesizer-BIG-672.jpg
Legion-Extruder-BIG-672.jpg

This doesn't seem great.
Turning artifact tokens into Golems seems nice. Also, like Oni-Cult Anvil, you can sacrifice the Golems in response to removal. The damage also isn't irrelevant.

en_7e1db2d811.png
en_6b8c374209.png

Story summary coming later. Anyway, this is an odd design, encouraging you to play a variety of card types (well I suppose Atraxa does that too). If this is a Fomori, then it not having the Giant type is surprising, but I suppose it'll confuse players if a baby is a giant.
Also, this is a League of Legends artist drawing basically a League critter.

Lotus-Ring-BIG-672.jpg
Lotus-Ring-showcase-BIG-672.jpg

Neat design, though expensive to pull off.

Grand-Abolisher-BIG-672.jpg
Grand-Abolisher-showcase-BIG-672.jpg

Expensive reprint, and a strong anti-control card. Also a strong control card.

Rest-in-Peace-BIG-672.jpg
Rest-in-Peace-showcase-BIG-672.jpg

Well, looks like the Aftermath Analyst lands deck is rotating out sooner than I expected, lol.

Worldwalker-Helm-BIG-672.jpg
Worldwalker-Helm-showcase-BIG-672.jpg

Seems alright. Can copy artifact creature tokens.

Memory-Vessel-BIG-672.jpg
Memory-Vessel-showcase-BIG-672.jpg

Got Memory Jar in red! Though the differences make the use case pretty different, and your opponents will get a chance to use the cards. That said, you'll know what they have and can plan around it.

Omenpath-Journey-BIG-672.jpg
Omenpath-Journey-showcase-BIG-672.jpg

Ramps five lands, though perhaps too slowly to be useful. That said, you can choose less than five to get the exact lands you want more quickly.

Pest-Control-BIG-672.jpg
Pest-Control-showcase-BIG-672.jpg

Huge hate card for Boros Aggro. This misses Knight-Errant, Recruiter, and the enchantments, but hits everything else, including artifact tokens. With cycling, I could see decks playing this mainboard.
Also, SMH, card is called Pest Control, but varmints are a separate creature type.

Smiley90

Oct 25, 2017
The Card Image Gallery is complete for OTJ and Breaking News!
magic.wizards.com

Outlaws of Thunder Junction | Card Image Gallery

Saddle up for the biggest heist around when Outlaws of Thunder Junction releases April 19, 2024.

en_9a38944329.png
en_dba5d33589.png

But we still have cards for The Big Score until Wednesday, and Commander cards that day too.
These cards are Standard legal.

Simulacrum-Synthesizer-BIG-672.jpg
Legion-Extruder-BIG-672.jpg

This doesn't seem great.
Turning artifact tokens into Golems seems nice. Also, like Oni-Cult Anvil, you can sacrifice the Golems in response to removal. The damage also isn't irrelevant.

en_7e1db2d811.png
en_6b8c374209.png

Story summary coming later. Anyway, this is an odd design, encouraging you to play a variety of card types (well I suppose Atraxa does that too). If this is a Fomori, then it not having the Giant type is surprising, but I suppose it'll confuse players if a baby is a giant.
Also, this is a League of Legends artist drawing basically a League critter.

Lotus-Ring-BIG-672.jpg
Lotus-Ring-showcase-BIG-672.jpg

Neat design, though expensive to pull off.

Grand-Abolisher-BIG-672.jpg
Grand-Abolisher-showcase-BIG-672.jpg

Expensive reprint, and a strong anti-control card. Also a strong control card.

Rest-in-Peace-BIG-672.jpg
Rest-in-Peace-showcase-BIG-672.jpg

Well, looks like the Aftermath Analyst lands deck is rotating out sooner than I expected, lol.

Worldwalker-Helm-BIG-672.jpg
Worldwalker-Helm-showcase-BIG-672.jpg

Seems alright. Can copy artifact creature tokens.

Memory-Vessel-BIG-672.jpg
Memory-Vessel-showcase-BIG-672.jpg

Got Memory Jar in red! Though the differences make the use case pretty different, and your opponents will get a chance to use the cards. That said, you'll know what they have and can plan around it.

Omenpath-Journey-BIG-672.jpg
Omenpath-Journey-showcase-BIG-672.jpg

Ramps five lands, though perhaps too slowly to be useful. That said, you can choose less than five to get the exact lands you want more quickly.

Pest-Control-BIG-672.jpg
Pest-Control-showcase-BIG-672.jpg

Huge hate card for Boros Aggro. This misses Knight-Errant, Recruiter, and the enchantments, but hits everything else, including artifact tokens. With cycling, I could see decks playing this mainboard.
Also, SMH, card is called Pest Control, but varmints are a separate creature type.

Hmm this having cycling might earn it a spot next to temporary lockdown. Will have to consider it. Also always welcome anti control and anti Nissa decks, but not sure there's space for it in my angel deck that wants Serra Paragon to have targets.

Feb 16, 2018
pest control should be quite useful

a lot of the standard decks had tapped lands for turn 1 and wanted to play 2-drops, and any sweepers they played would also kill those

unfortunate that it probably forces them to go into a 3rd color though. black/white doesn't have a good creatureland

Smiley90

Oct 25, 2017
pest control should be quite useful

a lot of the standard decks had tapped lands for turn 1 and wanted to play 2-drops, and any sweepers they played would also kill those

unfortunate that it probably forces them to go into a 3rd color though. black/white doesn't have a good creatureland

Boros gets fastlands this set, it's gonna be even worse with their main weakness gone. So... yeah. Temp lockdown & pests is gonna be handy.

OP
OP
SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
Esoteric-Duplicator-BIG-672.jpg
Esoteric-Duplicator-showcase-BIG-672.jpg

Sacrificing and copying itself is basically a more complicated Jayemdae Tome. Hard to say how else this can be used.

hbrjrclbf5sc1.jpeg

Twinflame, but no strive and it can copy artifacts. I don't see this being very useful.

Feb 16, 2018
it's not a good card, but it gives haste unlike the other clones

so you can attack with four carnosaurs pretty reliably

OP
OP
SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
a33703bb-51c0-4d57-9d06-1148507ddc4f.jpg
8391dbb8-3c8d-42c3-892b-b85e40bb28e0.jpg

Really strong even without the free cast (and note you can add a counter at instant speed, unlike the Ozolith in MOM). And with it, this becomes another way to cheat out an Atraxa or Etali (or prototype creature big side).

Magic Story - Epilogue 2: Bring the End, Part 2
OP
OP
SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
magic.wizards.com

Outlaws of Thunder Junction | Epilogue 2: Bring the End, Part 2

Jace and Vraska plan a heist.

* Jace and Vraska recover under the care of the former's mother, Ranna. She and Jace reconnect and he explains what happened to him. She asks if Vraska is his wife, and Jace doesn't hate the idea.
* Everyone on Vryn assumed that Jace died at the same time as Alhammarret.
* Jace's parents separated. Vryn has been nothing but war since Jace left, with militias taking over, then other militias ousting them, etc. War has changed her too.
* Later, Vraska and Ranna connect.
* Much later, Jace and Vraska stand in front of an Omenpath. They heard about it through Ranna, who met a kor that came through it at the hospital.

* Rather than being excited like Ranna was, Jace and Vraska can only think of how much damage Bolas did with just one portal. There's nothing stopping conquerors from invading planes, nothing to keep threats contained.
* Jace and Vraska are sick of repairing, though. They talk about settling down and adopting a child, since they know they can't have children (implication is humans and gorgons are incompatible, but many consider this further proof of the trans male Jace theory).
* Then Jace has another idea, something other than fixing the Multiverse, thinking of how Ranna used phoenix feathers to heal them.
* They talk more over the next few months, growing more convinced about the idea that the Multiverse needs to be reborn.
* Flashback to nine years ago. Jace is working under Tezzeret, who is working under Bolas, and gets orders to investigate the vault on Thunder Junction. He can't get through, but he telepathically senses a child inside. Reporting back to Tezzeret, he disdainfully calls it another weird kid, and they never talk about it again.

* Two years ago, months after War of the Spark, he asks Tamiyo about the vault and she tells him what she knows.
* In the present, Jace and Vraska prepare to leave, with promises to visit Ranna once a week. However, Vraska discovers she can no longer planeswalk, so they go back to Ranna's house. They weep over the meaninglessness of it all.
* One year ago, on Eldraine (Wilds of Eldraine story), Jace disguises himself as Ashiok since he knows no one would question his actions in that form, and frees Eriette.
* Six months ago, on Ixalan (Lost Caverns story), Vraska reunites with her old crew.
* Last month on Ravnica (Murders story), Jace needs to analyze Detective Proft's ability to project psychic prints onto reality. As such, he hits him with a pipe and rummages in his mind.

* Now, after the events of the Thunder Junction story, Vraska meets up with Jace with the child retrieved from the vault (there's a contradiction here with the OTJ story since it acts like Jace wasn't there at the vault; an illusion maybe?).
* The child can't speak, but he understands English and gives permission for Jace to read his mind. First of all, his name is Loot. Second, his mind contains an actively updating map of the Multiverse, including Omenpaths and how they all connect.
* They stay at a Thunder Junction hotel and Jace asks Vraska if she's heard of some of the locations he's finding in Loot's map. When asked about Qarsi on Tarkir, Vraska recommends the food, and Jace goes to get some, bringing it back there.
* Tomorrow, they plan to go to a plane that won't see them coming. The reborn Multiverse they'll be making will be better.

Jace plans on remaking Magic so it's nothing but crossovers with other IPs, clearly.
Anyway, good story.

Smiley90

Oct 25, 2017
magic.wizards.com

Outlaws of Thunder Junction | Epilogue 2: Bring the End, Part 2

Jace and Vraska plan a heist.

* Jace and Vraska recover under the care of the former's mother, Ranna. She and Jace reconnect and he explains what happened to him. She asks if Vraska is his wife, and Jace doesn't hate the idea.
* Everyone on Vryn assumed that Jace died at the same time as Alhammarret.
* Jace's parents separated. Vryn has been nothing but war since Jace left, with militias taking over, then other militias ousting them, etc. War has changed her too.
* Later, Vraska and Ranna connect.
* Much later, Jace and Vraska stand in front of an Omenpath. They heard about it through Ranna, who met a kor that came through it at the hospital.

* Rather than being excited like Ranna was, Jace and Vraska can only think of how much damage Bolas did with just one portal. There's nothing stopping conquerors from invading planes, nothing to keep threats contained.
* Jace and Vraska are sick of repairing, though. They talk about settling down and adopting a child, since they know they can't have children (implication is humans and gorgons are incompatible, but many consider this further proof of the trans male Jace theory).
* Then Jace has another idea, something other than fixing the Multiverse, thinking of how Ranna used phoenix feathers to heal them.
* They talk more over the next few months, growing more convinced about the idea that the Multiverse needs to be reborn.
* Flashback to nine years ago. Jace is working under Tezzeret, who is working under Bolas, and gets orders to investigate the vault on Thunder Junction. He can't get through, but he telepathically senses a child inside. Reporting back to Tezzeret, he disdainfully calls it another weird kid, and they never talk about it again.

* Two years ago, months after War of the Spark, he asks Tamiyo about the vault and she tells him what she knows.
* In the present, Jace and Vraska prepare to leave, with promises to visit Ranna once a week. However, Vraska discovers she can no longer planeswalk, so they go back to Ranna's house. They weep over the meaninglessness of it all.
* One year ago, on Eldraine (Wilds of Eldraine story), Jace disguises himself as Ashiok since he knows no one would question his actions in that form, and frees Eriette.
* Six months ago, on Ixalan (Lost Caverns story), Vraska reunites with her old crew.
* Last month on Ravnica (Murders story), Jace needs to analyze Detective Proft's ability to project psychic prints onto reality. As such, he hits him with a pipe and rummages in his mind.

* Now, after the events of the Thunder Junction story, Vraska meets up with Jace with the child retrieved from the vault (there's a contradiction here with the OTJ story since it acts like Jace wasn't there at the vault; an illusion maybe?).
* The child can't speak, but he understands English and gives permission for Jace to read his mind. First of all, his name is Loot. Second, his mind contains an actively updating map of the Multiverse, including Omenpaths and how they all connect.
* They stay at a Thunder Junction hotel and Jace asks Vraska if she's heard of some of the locations he's finding in Loot's map. When asked about Qarsi on Tarkir, Vraska recommends the food, and Jace goes to get some, bringing it back there.
* Tomorrow, they plan to go to a plane that won't see them coming. The reborn Multiverse they'll be making will be better.

Jace plans on remaking Magic so it's nothing but crossovers with other IPs, clearly.
Anyway, good story.

That plane? Earth.

-mind shatters-

OP
OP
SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
g69tjytxf7sc1.jpeg

Alright I guess. Though I suppose Teething Wurmling was looking for green creatures that make artifacts.

OP
OP
SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
SaQxYVpe0KGK2GK4j1uvMwDfl2_pQ2IS-3KEJ7aXVSo.jpg

Getting only one charge counter is a bummer, but still seems pretty solid.

g5705xv708sc1.jpeg

"Greedy Gamble" 3B
Enchantment
When ~ enters the battlefield, you draw three cards, gain 6 life, and create three 2/1 black Bat creature tokens with flying.
At the beginning of your end step, you discard a card, lose 2 life, and sacrifice a creature.
When ~ leaves the battlefield, you discard three cards, lose 6 life, and sacrifice three creatures.

First black downside enchantment in a bit. Best way to make use of this is to donate it with Coveted Falcon or Shifting Grift in Standard, but the former requires a lot of mana to set up and the latter requires your opponent to be playing enchantments.

darkside

Oct 26, 2017
Lost Jitte is better than Umezawa's. Card seems really, really good. Untap target land is pretty bonkers given how cheap it is