• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rising Populace

Deleted member 29682

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
erckxtes1op21.jpg

The (most recent) death of dear Gutterbones will truly be the final straw for the people of Ravnica.

onpoint

Neon Deity Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
He's black red, he's gotta be bad!

Unless Bolas kidnapped his family, then it was for reasons!

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
angrathcaptainofchaos.jpg

Angrath, Captain of Chaos

Legendary Planeswalker - Angrath (2 B/R B/R)

Creatures you control have menace.

[-2]: Amass 2

------------------------------------------------------------

I guess Angrath's evil now, unless he's Hijacking an army of zombies.
Bolas probably threatened his daughters. :(

Cipher Peon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I had found an article a semi recent article about the monetization called "Going Optimal" which has a decent breakdown on lines you can take to get the most out of your money/time. Made me rethink sealed vs draft. I think the only thing that's really changed is the value of the seasonal ladder since they'll be an option to get card styles now. But that's gonna be pretty subjective.

Responding to this post from the last thread in this new one:
I glanced at the article before but taking the time to actually read it and absorb it has been very fruitful. Thank you very much for sharing :)

EDIT: Confused threads, alas

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
That Urza is clearly fake, his mana cost doesn't have enough Green in it.

aidan

Oct 25, 2017
It's, umm... clearly Angrath's Cholera, guys.

The flavour text translates to: "Things are about to get messy. - Angrath"

fuzzyset

Oct 25, 2017
The cinematic made it seem like Liliana was turning on Bolas, so as the Dreadhorde general she could give him some troops to use against Bolas.

Erratic Visionary; Naga Eternal; Burning Prophet; Honor the God-Pharaoh; Samut, Tyrant Smasher; Samut's Sprint; Kaya's Ghostform; Ahn-Crop Invader
OP
OP
SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
Green Urza is a longstanding Magic in-joke. MaRo insists that Urza would be a five color planeswalker, which we see in his Unstable card, but he's as far from green as you can get.

Bunch of cards that haven't been posted.

en_KFiQKIE8p3.png
en_K7v2I67SOm.png

Some blue draft commons, the latter being a reprint.

en_tq2sQiyWdF.png

Not!prowess, with the scry making it interesting. Red in general seems to be getting more scry than usual.

en_yb0jXAiz9A.png

Sad we didn't get Tormenting Voice but with Bolas reacting to Sarkhan. But I do like that they're making variations of this effect.

D3E30C9WwAAzn2C
D3E30FrWwAEadRt

Uncommon Samut is better than her old mythic rare card, haha. The last ability is worded to still work if the minus puts her at 0 loyalty, and for Two Headed Giant too I guess. The sprint seems good too.

image0.jpg

First enchant planeswalker. This working on exile is neat.

4ktnfpcw6op21.jpg

CARDNAME has first strike during your turn.
(1), sacrifice another creature: CARDNAME gets +2/+0 until end of turn.

Seems good.

image0.png

Another good edict.

OP
OP
SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
nze9dhcf0pp21.jpg

Vivien's Arkbow making an appearance before Vivien herself.
Interesting that we're seeing so many colored artifacts. MaRo has been hinting at this recently, but I didn't expect it to happen so soon.

I like the flavor of the effect, and it'll be a good way to get rid of useless cards in hand. Great art, too.

Deleted member 29682

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Between Teyo and The Wanderer, white is getting even more tools to deal with burn decks. Kind of surprised the Lightshield isn't a wall.

aidan

Oct 25, 2017
From a flavour standpoint, I really like that Teyo, a newly-sparked PW, is passive and reactive. It'll be fun watching him learn and become more active throughout the story.

Orb

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
I am digging white in this set, I think the Gideon planeswalker and spell card will both definitely see play, the new hybrid Kaya is neat, and I like Teyo and The Wanderer

OP
OP
SigmasonicX

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
New planeswalker Teyo and his signature spell

Teyo%252C%2Bthe%2BShieldmage%2B%255BWAR%255D.jpg

Teyo%2527s%2BLightshield%2B%255BWAR%255D.jpg
The lightshield not being a Wall is weird. But I suppose maybe he can push it at people as an attack.

Vivien looks good. The exile part is interesting; I don't think we've seen that variation of filtered card drawing before.

I'm surprised the Grizzly is a common.

ZealousD

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
The verbiage on the Grizzly is really unusual.

Yeah it seems like it should say "If you don't, put it on the bottom of your library". Is there some rule weirdness here?

Edit: Oh, I think I get it. It could cause some confusion if the card is not a creature or planeswalker. If the card is a land, you're supposed to put the card on the bottom of your library. If it just said "if you don't" then that might imply that you only put the card on the bottom of your library only if it's a creature card and you choose not to put it into your hand.

Valkyr

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah it seems like it should say "If you don't, put it on the bottom of your library". Is there some rule weirdness here?

I think that would then imply you don't have to reveal it to put it on the bottom of your library. Seems they want you to have to show the card to your opponent to put it on the bottom.

Oct 25, 2017
I never feel like the current Vivien would help me much. Now a 3-mana Vivien that lets me flash a Ghalta or Carnage Tyrant and it's a rare? WHY YES PLEASE I WILL TAKE SEVERAL.

I think that would then imply you don't have to reveal it to put it on the bottom of your library. Seems they want you to have to show the card to your opponent to put it on the bottom.
That's not how I read it. It seems to me it's clear that if you don't reveal the card you put it on the bottom of your library?

ZealousD

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017

I edited my post. I think the possible outcomes should be either "reveal and put creature into hand" or "put card on the bottom of your library". it specifies that the bottom of your library effect happens anytime you don't draw the card in order to prevent you from looking at the top card and then leaving it on top.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The reason for the weird verbiage is likely Growth-Chamber Guardian. You actively don't want to draw extra copies and the wording on this allows you to keep a creature card inside your deck if you desire.

Oct 28, 2017
The reason for the weird verbiage is likely Growth-Chamber Guardian. You actively don't want to draw extra copies and the wording on this allows you to keep a creature card inside your deck if you desire.

Surely not. In what scenario would you want a creature but not want Growth Chamber Guardian and instead prefer it in your deck somewhere? Super fringe cases where it's your 8th card?

Status
Not open for further replies.