• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017
On Facebook Gaming integration:

If there were still doubts about this, here's Major Nelson being more direct:

gXpDTzM.jpg
dnPTpyF.jpg

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/co...encer_yes_we_absolutely_want_to_give/fvs3agf/

Thanks to: https://www.resetera.com/threads/xb...aaron-greenberg.215580/page-227#post-37866268

On Xbox and how/where to stream after Mixer is gone next month:

Deleted member 13645

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That's honestly a big relief. It seemed like that would be the case, but FB is a horrible company. I want them to be as far away from my consoles as they can be.

Kthulhu

Oct 25, 2017
I figured. The Facebook Gaming partnership was about xCloud, not streaming (wow that's confusing). I'm sure they'll let people pick from all 3 major options.

Jamie

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Good news. I don't think there's anything wrong with clearing things up.

Garrett 2U

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Thank you for putting out clear messaging. I hope this relaxes all those that were so concerned in that 40 page thread.

TAYREL713

Oct 30, 2017
I tweeted at him about this yesterday. I recently deleted my FB and wanted to make certain they weren't going to force it's intergration into the Series X. Like it was a for real game changer for me.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Sorry for asking, where can you currently stream a game to from your Xbox? I don't own an XBO, so I don't know.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever™
Sep 24, 2019
Next up: Having discord chat so when I crossplay with my buddies in Warzone I don't need to rely on the game chat.

Scottoest

Feb 4, 2020
I'm becoming increasingly unclear about what exactly Facebook got out of this Mixer deal. They didn't get the IP rights for the underlying tech, they got a brand that was never really popular and is being shuttered, and Microsoft appear to be getting some amount of xCloud integration into Instagram.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I mean, the option to stream from twitch on xbox has been there for a long time, I stopped streaming on mixer when I realized that no one watches you there

12Danny123

Jan 31, 2018
Common sense prevails. If there was Facebook integration, they'll ask for permission first like for every other service that links with another service.

There's a lot of people on these forums that don't think rationally and only lead with emotions.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Wasn't expecting MS to absolutely sabotage themselves but the confirmation is nice.

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
thanks - glad they cleared that up even though it was pretty obvious from the jump

also thank god for that "ignore thread" button lol

Oct 25, 2017
I'm becoming increasingly unclear about what exactly Facebook got out of this Mixer deal. They didn't get the IP rights for the underlying tech, they got a brand that was never really popular and is being shuttered, and Microsoft appear to be getting some amount of xCloud integration into Instagram.

I would assume an awesome collection of desirable games with a large fanbase. Amazon studios isn't exactly lighting the world on fire. I also suspect Amazon will get a cut if someone buys a game through their services.

Pure speculation on my part.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
Hmmm i dont trust this major guy. What would the army even know about this deal? Waiting for a reliable source, like playstationblog

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Facebook would have made me opt out of xcloud so fast

TechnicPuppet

Oct 28, 2017

Could be anything and we might never know. Like could be just money. MS promising millions in ad spend.

Similar with the MS Sony deal. Not really sure what's going on there either.

Nov 2, 2019
That's good they said something. The FUD going around here and on Twitter was nuts. Like there was going to be a Facebook tab on the dashboard and you'd need to sign into Facebook when setting up the Series X. Still won't be enough for some though.